Old 10-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Vegas, baby!

So I've noticed that several of you have recently been to, or are going to Vegas soon. For those of you that have already been there, did you even bother trying to stay on plan, did you modify a little, or did you just say the **** with it for now.... how did you navigate through all of that temptation? Any tips on what to avoid, or what is a must? I'm leaving Monday for a 3 day surprise trip to Vegas (stealing my DH away for his birthday, he has NO idea. Worked out the time off request with his boss behind his back.) Can't wait!

I'm probably going to try and eat somewhat sensibly but as you know when in Vegas..... needless to say, I intend on having a few adult beverages. Most likely will do the metaquick when I get back. My center has been really cool about it. I told them what my plans were and she gave me a vacation menu to "try" and go by (I know what a shocker!) and then she said have fun, and you can do meta quick when you get back to help you get back on track.

So Vegas Vacationers.... what tips do you have to share?

thanks!!
Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

I don't usually worry too much about staying OP while in Vegas but that's just me. With all the walking we do I usually feel like I walk it off anyway. Plus we are having a good time and don't tend to think about food as much. Anytime you want to eat in Vegas you are going to stand in line too, just in case you don't know. There have litterally been times that we just didn't eat because the line was too long.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Vegas ! Vegas ! Vegas ! what fun I had last weekend...I did exactly as I planned to eat, drink and have fun...and go on MQ when I returned...I had gin/tonics and wine with dinner. Tasted everything, only 2 to 3 bites, and had a great time doing it...everything tasted so delicious. Stayed at the Wynn, fabulous hotel, and ate at Wing Lei (Chinese) wonderful, had Italian - fish and cheese plate, ate at Wolfgang Puck Postrio at the Venetian had pumpkin squash soup (out of this world) and a raw tuna salad...had two bites of dessert at dinner...came back 2.5lbs heavier...no big deal...Monday went on MQ now down 5.5pds, almost at my October goal...so have fun and drink your water!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/174/125

Height: 5'1"

I am going to Vegas in November so I have been thinking a lot about what I will be doing about eating. I have decided to have meal replacement bars for breakfast, salad for lunch and as close to possible at dinner. For drinks I will stick to rum and diet coke and hopefully all the walking will let me maintain.
JERZGERL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

My DH and I went to Vegas and got married in May. We had been on a health eating plan since October.... we were trying to really watch what we ate. While we did not binge.... we ate what we wanted at least once a day..... the rest of the time we did Slim Fast or something like that. Not sure if that is an option for you.... but that is how we did it. Not only did it save on money but it saved on our waist too. (Btw, we were on motorcycles so spaces was limited, so we kept the SF on ice in the motel room sink at night- so it was cold for bfast-- and we could still use the sink when they were chilled).
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote