Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Default surgery November 2nd

My surgery is scheduled for November 2nd. I am super excited/nervous. I am mostly nervous cause i have heard so much about the pain after. I am currently on a low carb diet that my doc put me on for pre surgery. I do clear liquids the day before surgery. I have all my vitamin and have been taking them as well. I think I am prepared as I can get!
how long was everyone else in pain after? for those that know the pain scale, where were you from a 1 to 5? 1 being no pain 5 being the worst ever.
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 350/239/160

Congratulations on your surgery date! I can't speak to pain as I am a pre-op too. You sound super prepared. Keep us posted.
Pennie
CatWuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Congrats on the date!
Pennie when is your surgery scheduled??
I'm scheduled for Nov 20th. Sounds like there will be a few of us with surgery around the same time.
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #4  
Pertnear Domestic Goddess

S/C/G: 250/133/125 RNY5/11/09

Height: 5'3

I'm glad you're excited, Congats on your sugery date. I'm not sure what surgery your having so I can just speak from having laparoscopic gastric bypass and I would put my pain level at a 2 or a 3 easily take care by a minimum dose of liquid prescription pain medicine.
I wish you a speedy successful surgery
GinaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

you'll need to take your drugs - i think the 3=ish is pretty accurate, but pls remember that it'll last only a few days. you'll be a liitle 'tender' for about a month, but it should be manageable.

congrats!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

thanks, I am having the laparoscopic gastric bypass as well. a 3 is totally manageable and I am so glad I asked. i have had 3 back surgeries so I am sure I can handle this as well. congrats on everyone else surgery dates!
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote