South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thumping Through Thursday

Good morning. We finally got some rain which was needed although I hate to admit it. Of course it started five minutes after I'd spent a half hour setting up all the hoses.

I'm off for a haircut and some errands in town today but am planning another "me" time this afternoon. Before I do that though, I need to do a major kitchen clean-up. I don't know how one woman can make so much mess! I was running late for dinner, got three phone calls and did a major stir-fry. I just left everything because "The Tudors" was coming on and I never got back to it. I woke up feeling guilty.

I hope your day is guiltless....unless it's from something really fun!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth. I don't feel guilty, but I am constantly left wondering why everything is always such a mess. I clean the kitchen every morning. I'll bet those days off at the gym are nice. Enjoy your ME day.

Me, I have no idea yet. I do have to admit I'm sleeping a bit longer since I quit the caffeine, but it cramps my style. I'm used to being quite perky by this time of day.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruth and Debbie!

I slept in again this morning, and am trying not to feel too guilty about it. I hate getting up when it's still so dark out, and there's really no reason for me to get up at 5, anyway.

Speaking of dirty kitchens, I'm planning to give my kitchen floor a good scrubbing once I get Jake's supper made and put in the refrigerator. Afterwards, I'm going to go visit Mom & Dad before I head out to the farm. Cindy has to be out-of-town for the next several days, and I'll be in charge of holding down the fort until Richard can take over at night. Today, Audrey has her audition for Les Miserables after school, and Cindy's grandparents are going to meet us there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she gets the part, but I'm doubtful since she has trouble speaking loud enough. She's working on it, though. Afterwards, we have to grab a quick supper before heading over to gymnastics. I'm hoping Richard will be home by the time we get back, so I can be home in time to catch Survivor.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - Enjoy your Ruth time

Debbie - I dread the day I have to give up caffeine. I've done it before and it wasn't pretty. Personally I think the cats throw parties at night then leave their mess. Of course I also think they surf the internet and hang out in cat chat rooms. Maybe that's just me

Cottage - Sounds like another busy day. Seems like they need you more than they thought they might with the girls in school all day.
Sleeping in now and then is wonderful and you deserve it!

Today is just an office day - so paperwork, phone calls and maybe I'll schedule some visits for the next two weeks. I have a Dr. appt. this morning which should be interesting. This whole arthritis thing certainly has its challenges. I doubt she will have anything new to offer, but I'll listen anyway.

Yesterday was not as on plan as it should have been. I got sucked into tech support stress and had easy access to something I shouldn't have had. *sigh* Back on the wagon today and I did a good workout yesterday so hopefully my body will forgive me.

Looks like another nice day before we return to normal fall weather. I love the fall temps too, as long as the sun is out. I'm excited because the weekend weather is looking better now. Hope to do some birding Sunday.

Okay, off to get this day rolling. See you all when it's closer to the weekend
Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chickies!

Ruth, When I cook with my MIL, it AMAZES me how much of a mess she can make! Everything is dirty! I really try to clean as I go, but only because I hate cleaning!

Debbie, I only drink caffiene in the morning. A diet coke in the afternoon will keep me up all night long!

Cottage, Audry needs to hang out with Auston. He could give her a lesson on using her 'outside' voice inside.

Cyndi, You finding pics of naked kitties on your computer in the morning?

Me: We will, hopefully, have a quiet day in the office today. I had an interesting case the past couple days. A man called to sign up for the class that all divorcing couples in our county must attend. Something wasn't right about him. The third time he called me, I realized my 'red flags' are beating me in my head! He called again and said he was coming to the office! I let my superiors know that I could not be alone with this man, and they stayed while he was at my desk. He looks like a perfectly respectible human, but he gives me the willies. I have to go with my gut! If he comes back to the office while I'm alone, I'm going to have to press that panic button behind my desk that's been taunting me since April!

I better get going. It's been fun chatting!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-22-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning. Head is draining. Yuck. Going to be blowing my nose a lot today, I fear. :P

It's definitely Thursday. I have to work and make up 30 minutes somewhere in there from earlier in the week, go to the grocery store to pick up a couple of little things, and then head to my parents' so my dad can teach me how he'd like me to shoot wedding video camera #2 this weekend. AND, he's sick with the flu. I swear.... if I get the flu, I'm gonna be REALLY unhappy.

Oh and I have cramps. But tomorrow is Friday and I get to spend the majority of my weekend with Chris, so that's exciting for me. Helping him clean tomorrow night, and then he's having people over to his place Saturday night for movie double-feature night: Ghostbusters and Army of Darkness. Excellent!!! Not sure what's on the agenda for Sunday but hopefully it involves relaxing.

Better finish my tea and get ready for work. You girls have a great day!

BTW, P1D4 and still good!!!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 10-22-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Ima crackhead.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #7  
sophie

Good morning

Ruth - have a nice day in the big town. I too am watching Tudors but find it very slow moving this season.

Cottage - nice that you at least have the morning to yourself.

Debbie - have a nice day. I get headaches when I don't drink coffee and I only have two cups a day. Noticed your ticker, way to go.

Cyndi - enjoy your fall day.

Chelby - go with your gut feeling and don't hesitate to use that panic button.
and hope its a nice quiet day for you.

Lisa - so glad that part of your tests are good. Enjoy your planned weekend.

me - I will not go into all the details but it took 3 hrs to bring our new fridge into the house. You wouldn't believe how mentally challenged these delivery men where. We turned our new fridge on as per instructions and its not working so its off to Sears this morning. My DH never believes in taking out extended warranties but if its something major I will take one out. So frustrating.
take care
Sophie
p.s. yesterday, I was off plan completely but today is a new day, right.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sophie, it is a new day. Geez...all that work and the fridge goes back. Hope the roads are better today.

Lisa, have a good day and I hope your "drainage" is detox related and not getting sick.

A panic button..interesting...can you use it when someone shows up with fresh donuts?

Cyndi, glad to hear you're birding this weekend...something to look forward to.

Cottage, thanks for the Survivor reminder. It's getting better by the week.

Everyone else
Old 10-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #9  

Default Newbie

Hi All

I'm new and just thought i'd post to introduce myself. Have just stumbled across the site today after googling motivational tips- i'm on Phase 1 currently.
I've gone back and forth with the south beach diet a few times in the last 5 or so years since I discovered it. My reason for picking up phase one again after not thinking too much about South Beach is a 7 kilo (14lb??) gain, as I have recently moved to London from Australia and gained what the call "The Heathrow Injection" from turning to comfort foods all too frequently, and (shame!) existing on baked beans on toast for a bit too long... money becomes very scarce when there's London rent to pay!
I had a check up at the doctor over the weekend last weekend and jumped on the scales to learn about my weight gain... I have been South Beaching since Monday and so far, so good! I love this diet, and can feel a big water weight loss so far.

Look forward to talking with you all soon!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth- sometimes you just have to leave stuff for the morning. Hehe. I am getting my hair cut tonight as well.

Debbie- glad to hear that you get to sleep in more nowadays. I gave up Diet Coke but I still drink tea- I need the perk me up from caffeine- I will try sometime this year to switch to decaff just not yet. LOL

Cottage- Hope you get home intime to see Survivor tonight.

Cyndi- that's funny- I sometimes wonder about our dog and cat as well.

Chelby- always go with your instinct that is for sure. I would use the panic button as well.

Weezle- sounds like your doing good way to go you are almost half way done with Phase 1.

Sophie- sorry to hear about your new fridge- I did buy the extended warranty for it since it was such a big purchase.

Meelsie- to the beach again. We have all been in the same boat.

As for me- tonight is Parent/teacher conference for dd2 and then off to haircut.

Have a good day
Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Debbie, Donut Girl just called from the Bakery. Do I want anything? Yes! I'd like to not wear a donut on my butt!

Meelsie! Welcome to 3FC! Baked Beans on Toast... Must be an Aussie thing.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Meelsie!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #13  

Thanks guys, hi. Chelby- it's a poor traveller thing, not an Aussie thing! Haha!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #14  
sophie

exciting news ladies, the fridge is working. My dear retired engineer husband did not read the manual right on how to turn it on. Actually, the manual is so unclear, the fridge is made in Korea and I will insist on an extended warranty.
Chelby - thanks for the chuckle.
Welcome Meelsie

I am so excited my daughter phoned that my SIL is coming in on Tuesday for an interview, I don't want to raise my hopes up too high but I have been praying for this. I would have my little family closer. Of course, I still have my sons but they have no children.

take care
Sophie
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #15  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good day , ladies!

another dreary "Seattle" morning...

Ruth: I love The Tudors!!! I have only seen the first two seasons though. I WILL get them all on DVD. I have the first season so far. lol

Lexxiss: did you get some more sleepy time in?

Cottage: I think there should be a law against getting up before the sun! lol

Cyndi: stay strong and just jump back on the wagon. I hope your Dr. appt. goes well.

Chelby: ooh just reading that gave me the creepies! I fully support "going with our gut"

Weezle: AWESOME! double feature of Ghostbusters and Army of Darkness? EPIC WIN! Hope you feel better and stay safe from flu.

Sophie: yup yup, today is a new day. every beautiful morning we have a new start to make good choices with our health, our relationships - friend, family, SO and stranger... and life in general.

Meelsie: welcome!

Pearlrose: It must be haircutting week cuz I just did mine yesterday lol

Well today was week 3 weigh in. I lost the 3lbs of gain from TOM last week.. and 2 more. So I'm down 5 this week. Overall I'm only down 8 in 3 weeks but I'm trying not to get down on myself about it. I've been on plan. The only thing I added in this week was the honeycrisp apple every other day. (3 total) My body is just stubborn and I have to remember that this is about long term health and I will get there. Took time to put it on, will take time to take it off.

Yesterday I got my grocery shopping done, a hair cut and rearranged all the kitchen cabinets. Today I have a dr. appt. for my bi polar meds and laundry. Will also try to strength train and walk with my ipod.

Trying to get my roomies to sit down with me and watch The Boondock Saints before the sequel comes out next week. They've never seen it!!!! Freaking hilarious movie. Love it.

Stayed up late talking to my sweetie... who is still hoping to be in town next week from Denver if he can get someone to cover at work. Everyone's out with flu or swine flu.

Thats all for now! Have a great day!
Closed Thread