Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #1  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Default When your body doesn't look and feel like "yours" anymore.

Lately, on more than a few ocassions, I have been having strange feelings about my body. This is nothing terrible but mostly curious.

#1. In the shower, or sitting a desk, I just happen to glimpse over at my forearms on the inside of my elbow and that area looks SOOOO small. It doesn't even look like MY arm. I had been used to my stretched skin looking stuffed like "snausages" (not a spelling error). You know, the part where the forearm and bicep area come together! I was used to the fat just being packed into that area. Hubby even said that at our parent teacher conference he looked over at my arms and they didn't look real to him. THANKS! I feel the same way. It was a compliment and it means that he also sees the difference. Soon, we will both be used to the new body and it will not seem like things were any other way. I also sometimes look at my body in the shower and while washing, many of my parts look so different. I have a hard time seeing my overall weight loss. However, I do sometimes have moments where I can see it. It may be my ankles today, my thighs tomorrow, and my new pointy elbows the next day. GO figure!

#2. I have been doing squats, lunges, and walking on a severe incline at the gym to lift the bottom. Today, I had a thought dawn on me as I was walking across the University campus. I think that my hips and glutes may now function independently. I can't explain it well. Before, my super !DONK! (rear /bottom) had a mind of its own and where it went, all of it went. I didn't have two separate hips. . In my clothes it looked like one meat mass. That is the best way to describe it. And it all moved - swayed - and bumped along as a solid unit. Today, I am a little sore and while walking, I actually felt the muscles in my hips operating independently with each step. And there was not a huge giggle (that I could feel) It was a weird realization . . . and LOVED it!

Anyone else get these weird thoughts or feelings that cross your mind? Tell me I am not the only one.

Last edited by jenhai; 10-21-2009 at 09:52 PM.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #2  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

i havent gotten far enough into the journey to see any differences, but id still like to say CONGRATS! on everything you've accomplished . i can't wait to feel like im not just one big mass anymore
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I am sitting at this computer...looking at my forearms and wrist area. My wristbones are peeking through - haven't seen those in years. I keep looking at my wrists and wondering if they really belong to me. They don't look like mine.

My forearms look alot smaller too. They don't look like mine either -- I stare at them sometimes in disbelief.

I guess you are not alone in that LOL

Last edited by jay41; 10-21-2009 at 10:07 PM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 PM   #4  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Totally. I was looking at my knees the other day, and they weren't mine. They are totally different.

I'm also having difficulty getting to sleep. I can't sleep the way I used to because of these pointy bits that I believe are called hipbones
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I can totally relate. Mostly I feel like I have somebody else's butt and boobies, especially the boobies. I am currently a D cup, down from a FF and this is the first time I've been a D in 18ish years (I was 13). When I look down now I see my toes and I am always utterly shocked at it. My husband noticed me being fascinated with the fact that when sitting in the car and looking down I can see past my boobs to see my lap belt, he thought it was funny.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #6  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

I am so glad that I am not the only one. jay41, fitgirlygirl, and couch - - exactly! Maybe these are NSVs! You guys keep up the good work and maybe we will have more of these experiences.

HEYHEYGabby . Keep it up. Stay here at 3fc and it will pair with your effort to take you far. Congrats on 20lbs!
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 AM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Yes. When I am laying down I can see RIBS and HIPBONES...where'd those come from?? And in front...I have a rudimentary six-pack. 1) what's that about??? It kind of freaks me out...I'd always been so pudgy around the middle and 2) who has a freakin six-pack at 230 lbs???

Crazy, man.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/153/145

Height: 5'7"

I had that happen to me this summer. I was in the middle of a 3 month long period where the scale didn't move at all but I was still shrinking. I was in the car driving wearing a tank top and shorts when I glanced at my arm holding the wheel and couldn't believe it was mine. I had never noticed how long my arm is. I was use to it looking like some sausage stuffed into a sleeve. Part of it was I wasn't use to showing my whole arm but the other part was my arm was tone for the first time since my early 20's. It was one of the best feelings I had in a long time.
bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You are not the only one! I am currently enjoying my hands and wrists. I can see so much change there. When I am feeling impatient with this long process, I look down at my hands and wrists and remind myself that I can enjoy changes right now. I don't have to wait until I get to goal!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

Yes I knwo what you mean, I noticed similar things recently.

I find it weird and a little creppy sometimes when I spot a "new" bone that was covered by fat before - was really odd the day I ntoiced so many bones in my feet
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #11  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I'm always checking out my wristbones and collarbones and my boobs... and I always shock myself when I manage to squeeze through a small area that I wouldn't have been able to do without bumping sides in the past! Even my shoulders feel smaller! lol! So yeah... totally feel ya.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #12  
exercising with twins

S/C/G: 220/198/180

Height: 5' 4"

I sit at my desk running my fingers along my collarbones... I still have difficulty believing they're mine.
Sylvied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #13  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

A few weeks ago I was sitting with a friend and noticed my wristbones. The resulting exclamations from me made him think I was scared of my changing body. Which in a way I might be, I suppose.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #14  

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, I've noticed it with my wrists and arms, too. Sometimes I even fear that my hands are looking a little "claw-like", but I've always been told that I have nice hands so I think it's just that I am not accustomed to seeing my fingers being less chubby.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

You guys make me feel so hopeful! I am still in the stage where I look at my "snausages" and think - how in the world did I get those? When I see photos of myself I'm always shocked at how huge I am. I've got the whose-body-is-that syndrome in reverse, I guess. I'm can't wait to see my collarbones again someday!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote