Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Nobody here today???
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've been running all day. Down 1.2 and had a heart to heart with my JC counselor. She's backed off the 1500 calories and apologized. I told her that I felt as though she'd written me off last week.

Then I went shopping and couldn't fit into any of the 3X's in Carson's or Macy's. Aggravating. I'm in 2X at Catherines and 3X at Fashion Bug. Why should there be so much variance?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #4  

Hello everyone!
I've been struggling for so long and have been jumping from plan to plan. Deep down inside I know that the core plan has always been the best choice for me. It truly limits my bread and sugar intake. I just love bread and could eat an entire bag of pretzels while watching a football game.

The only issue I have had in the past with core is limiting my portions. I do know that after doing core for a week or so, my body almost instinctively limits the portions and I also stop craving those pretzels.

Anyway, I wanted to come here and say that I'd like to post here and get to know you all. I really want to lose 55 pounds by 10/10/10, which is my 55th birthday.
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Mama Duck. I love your signature. I'm needing to lose about 50-55 pounds, too, so you have company here for sure. This is a great group. We're all here for the same reasons and are ready to give support and encouragement as well as ready to receive the same.

Vickie, I am proud of you for having that talk with your counselor and I'm glad she understands. Congratulations on your good loss. You're doing very well.

Rhonda, we've been away most of the day. One of my cousins on my motheris side of the family passed away. We made a quick run to Fort Worth today to get Curtis some new clothes.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, the first day back to school after fall break was not too bad. I have lots of grading to do, but other than that, things went smoothly. We had an impromptu family gathering tonight since DD is in town. We were able to use my new dining room table, so we all were able to sit together. I had a great time, although I am sooooooo tired! I did manage to clean up the kitchen before collapsing, so I won't have to face dirty dishes in the morning.

Vickie, congrats on the loss. I'm proud of you for talking to your counselor, and I'm glad she apologized.

Sandra, sorry to hear about your cousin. Were you close? It's so hard to lose a family member

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages! I hope you all is well with you.

Mamaduck, welcome! This is a great place to hang out!

I have got to go to bed before I collapse! Nighty night!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Sloan. We were close even though he was several years older than I. He had been suffering a long time. It's hard to let him go, but he's in a better place.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #8  

Sandra, again I'm so sorry about your cousin. It is just hard to understand why people have to suffer. Before I had read your post last night, I had been watching my children with their cousins and thinking of how glad I was that they are close. We should never take our families for granted!

I have had a better eating day, today. I need to make my portions smaller, but I did notice at our family gathering last night that most people had served themselves much larger servings of spaghetti than I had. Maybe I have unconsciously decreased the amount that I am eating. Now I need to omit those "off core" foods and start walking in the mornings again.

I hope you chicks have had a great day, and the weather is as beautiful where you are as it is here!

TTFN
Old 10-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #9  

mamaduck...we're a good group here, join right in.

Sloan, you're right, don't take people for granted. I hardly knew any cousins, and now I've got Sandra!! Am I lucky, or what?!

Work has been really, really awful. But, I'll spare you the details and keep my eye on the retirement date.

I think I've lost more weight, but haven't been on the scales, maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to Texas on Friday for four days to see my DH, whom I really miss. Of course, it means that I have to leave "two and a lot" Duncan and that's heartbreaking

Sloan, the weather has been fantastic here. It was warmer this morning during exercise in the park than it was some summer mornings!

Good night all,
Rhonda
Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #10  

Rhonda, have a great time with Doyle Absence does make the heart grow fonder!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you're getting to come see Doyle. Curtis and I went through the same separation that ya'll are just before I retired and moved to Montana. You're handling this better than I did. I gained weight. I used being apart from Curtis plus the feelings due to retiring from a careet I'd had for 29 years as my excuse to eat. You hang in there and keep doing well.

Yes, Rhonda, you are definitely to have me for your cousin, cuz I love you bunches!

Sloan, it sounds like you're making healthy changes. They will payoff for sure.

Vickie, how's your day?

Eatingwise, I'm doing all right. The weight is coming off very very slowly but it's coming off. Life is good.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #12  

Sandra and Rhonda, are we the only ones around? Where is everybody? Hope you both have had a great day! Eating was okay today. I just have to get through tonight, and I'll be happy!

Hey you other chickies!!!

TTFN
Old 10-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'm here. Don't know about the rest. My eating's been all right today but could have been better. I made taco soup and cornbread. It's been raining all day so that was perfect food for us.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #14  

I'm here too...but headed for bed!!

Sandra, your weather ticker says it's 0 F there...I don't think so!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #15  

I'm off to bed, too. I had a bedtime snack of grapenuts cereal. Do I count that as wpa or is it core?

Nighty night!