Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #1  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Ralph Lauren consideres this model overweight!

Here's the article. Just look at that picture! Just awful!

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...5248/#comments
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I read about that... and they did it to another model also.

It's ridiculous... these girls have awesome bodies, what are these designers thinking? It's sad to think the 90s supermodels like Cindy Crawford would be considered too fat for todays clothes.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Yeaaah I'm not going to be buying any more Ralph Lauren perfumes anytime soon. Photo shopping in ads has just gotten ridiculous. I could really get behind a truth in advertising addendum requiring them not to photo shop any part of the body in the clothes. If the shorts are going to buckle fold funny or make my *** look huge I think that's might right to know. These women are beautiful enough that if it doesn't work for them how's it going to work for me? It won't help with them trying to get bone thin models anyway but taking a girl who's 2 inches taller than me and weighs 20 lbs less than my ideal medically recommended weight and then removing another 100 lbs from her digitally is uncalled for.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #4  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

That is crazy - she looks fantastic, perfectly heathly
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #5  
Future Former Fat Girl

Here's my take . . .

I think most high-fashion clothing designers, deep-down, have contempt for women. At least, for the majority of us who, at our healthiest weights, are going to have curves and hips and won't have a figure like a prepubescent 13-year-old boy.

JMHO.
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:25 PM   #6  

I agree. I also think there's too much pressure on women in some other arenas, too, that stem from the same attitude. Like gymnastics. I've heard that one of the reasons gymnasts are so young is that they have to be tiny, weigh very little and to get females who are that small- they had to go out and get kids. Contrast that with male gymasts. They are older, heavier (still very slim, of course), well muscled...

Acting, too, of course, is another one where they really play havoc with women over their weight. I've seen pictures of 30s, 30s and 50s movie stars. Those women were slim and trim and looked GORGEOUS. Yet, by today's standards, a lot of them would be considered too heavy.

I understand about slender people photographing better, doing better in sports, looking better in clothes, but why does it have to go into EMACIATION?

A Brazilian model died of starvation recently. She was tall like they all are and about 88 pounds or something. ****, my teeny little mother who was like 7 inches shorter and probably smaller boned was told she'd be hospitalized (if she didn't gain some weight) when she was that weight...I mean, c'mon.

Remember the Dove commercial with the "real women" who were medium build? Some people were actually writing in and saying they were porkers. There's a lot of stupidity in the world.
BlondeWoman is offline   Reply With Quote