Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Default just annoyed - the usual venting thread

im stuck hovering around 190lbs and i dont know what to do anymore... Feel like pigging out and hibernating for winter.. jk But i am really at my wits end... this is the weight i was stuck at last time i did an overhaul on my lifestyle - when it happened then, it took me 2 years to put the weight back on, but boy did i. My body wont go any lower that 190lbs and i dont know why. I eat low calories, i weight train and i've added cardio in. I've changed my exercises up, changed food, added a fiber supplement...

why cant i loose my last 35lbs? T____T
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I was stuck around 190 as well for a few weeks. Then I did 30 Day Shred and lost 9 pounds in that time. I do credit the DVD for kickstarting my loss again.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have to ask if you are counting calories and if so, how many are you eating a day..are you being sure to count every bite, lick, taste, drink, etc? Also, for me, when I am stuck or sliding up and down between numbers on the scale, I try to zig zag my calories for a bit and change up my exercise routine. Don't give up and be sure to keep us updated

Last edited by Onederchic; 10-20-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Pereverance pays off. When I get stuck , I up my exercise ,lower my calories a little but most of all I do not give up. You can do it, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  

im a guesstimator its just how i do it (i lost my first 35 this way) but i know, its well under 2000 (maintain calories - via a calculator i found). and over 1300 (starvation for my height, weight, age, and workout schedule).

i eat mostly oatmeal in the mornings, with cinnamon. salad wraps and steamed vegetables.. the occasional steak, or pork or chicken grilled. - i dont like fish.

perhaps i need to REALLY start monitoring my calories... and recording it, so i really know how much... here we go, i have something to do this week: see how many calories i'm really eating, not what i think im eating...

(i just hate the idea though, because it seems really restrictive to me, weighing/measuring food... to me this is like crazy dieter... lol i dont want to be measuring food for the rest of my life).

in response to other posts... i tried slim in 6.. i think i got fatter lol. and i've been at this 190 for months now... very frustrating, as you can imagine.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #6  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

I know how you feel...Ive been on my diet since Sep 22 and I wasnt loosin!! It would go down a few, than up, finally its starting to go down!!!! Just push yourself harder, do more exercising, it HAS TO come off!!!
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
im a guesstimator its just how i do it (i lost my first 35 this way) but i know, its well under 2000 (maintain calories - via a calculator i found). and over 1300 (starvation for my height, weight, age, and workout schedule).

i eat mostly oatmeal in the mornings, with cinnamon. salad wraps and steamed vegetables.. the occasional steak, or pork or chicken grilled. - i dont like fish.

perhaps i need to REALLY start monitoring my calories... and recording it, so i really know how much... here we go, i have something to do this week: see how many calories i'm really eating, not what i think im eating...

(i just hate the idea though, because it seems really restrictive to me, weighing/measuring food... to me this is like crazy dieter... lol i dont want to be measuring food for the rest of my life).

Well "guesstimating" MAY have been enough - for a while. Now it seems that it's not. Soooo, it's time to kick it up a notch and TRACK those calories - faithfully. What about it seems so restrictive? I think rermaining at 190 lbs is pretty restrictive. How long do you want to go on like that for?
Why not think of it as freeing? It can certainly free you up to get to goal.

I don't think tracking the foods that I eat, being mindful and responsible, as being a crazy dieter. I actually think what I was doing prior to that was pretty crazy. Leaving something so vital to my health & my well being up in the air.

By the way, I don't measure everything. I pretty much know what serving sizes look like now. Give yourself a few weeks of doing this and you will be more clued in as well.

I think you will be quite pleased with the results and realize that it isn't so bad. Just the opposite in fact. You'll see.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

It may seem crazy to some but for others, myself included, it is a necessary tool for being successful with losing weight. I use to estimate as well but I found out that a lot of times I was either under estimating the amount or over estimating so now, for me, it is a must that I weigh and measure and count every calorie I consume and for me, it is paying off because I continue to see the numbers on the scale drop. I don't think it would hurt to at least give it 100% effort for a few weeks and see how it works out for you
Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #9  

wow, i just made lunch.. and worked out the calories for it... 500... in a chefs salad wrap.... O_O e gads... and 351 at breakfast... damn you delicious milk but i didnt expect a salad wrap to be so high

Last edited by Jinksie; 10-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

Hehe, yeah it can be a real eye opener sometimes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #11  

i know wraps can be decieving
jessesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #12  

it still less calories then a sandwich... and i did put a dressing on the wrap for taste... that probably the only thing i'd change though - the dressing
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #13  
Resident Pixie

Well, in my opinion, 500 calories is not unreasonable for lunch especially if you are not having a midmorning snack between breakfast and lunch. As for myself, I graze all day long on low calorie, healthy foods that I can have in large volumes because, for me, it works
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have been at goal for 22 months , I got to goal by counting calories and I stay at goal by counting calories. Call me a crazy dieter but I prefer what I am doing to gaining it back and to start wearing that xlarge clothing again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Sounds like you may have found the source of your problem!

I also find that when I try to lose weight without rigorous tracking that I can only maintain at best, and possibly gain. It's really just too easy to underestimate how much you are eating calorie-wise.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote