Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #1  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Friends and Losers 19 - 25 October

Good Morning ALL.

I know the weather is cooling down some, but where is everyone? Not many posts over the last week.

Nothing going on for me on the weight loss front, but I'm hanging in there.

Heres to a good week for all!!!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey Amy, and everyone! I am here, mostly lurking. My daughter had the flu over the weekend. She seems to be fine now, but I kept her home today just to be sure. I am feeling really tired and worn out. It is making me nervous, for sure!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I hope you don't have the flu too.

Amy, It has been quiet. I've been less than stellar in my eating choices, but I'm ready to get back on plan and back to doing what is needed to be healthy. I got overstressed, but eating badly does not help it get better. I don't know why I let that get me so far off track. Oh well... whatever I gained will just have to be lost again, but I will do it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. i've been busy today with errands and kids, etc..
sorry i haven't been on here much. hope everyone is well.

barbara--been thinking about you and DD.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #5  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone, well I have a bunch of sick people at home too. My son had a cold for a few days, now my husband is at home with the flu. To top it all off, my daughter went to a scream fest halloween thing and she fell and hurt her shoulder so she is also not doing well. Its probably a good thing I am at work where everyone is healthy.
Last week was really bad for me. I had a girl quit on me without giving notice and then she harassed me about getting paid before I had to pay her. She was a pchycotic young girl. She started to threaten my family so I just wrote her a cheque so that she would disappear out of my life!!! What is this world coming to. I had 30 text messages from her within an hour, it was weird...
I hired a new staff this mornng and I hope she works out.
Other than that, my life has been all about hockey. My son plays midget hockey and he has three games straight so I will be at the rink the next few nights. I wouldn't trade it for anything though!
Well my diet has been pretty good. I haven't weighed myself for over a week now but tomorrow will be the big day to see if I have lost anything. I sure hope so!
Have a great week everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #6  
Michelle

S/C/G: 216/160/135

Height: 5"6'

Well after a week of just trying to eat well, I gained one pound. It might be water weight but now I am back to the Shred. I did it today and it felt good to have it done. Not too much going on here. DS turned six on Saturday. Now th kiddos are 2,4,6. Gotta love it.
momofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang.. slow day today?
Still trying to get back into the swing of things and have been spending WAY too much time on Facebook..

Diet still not doing well, mostly due to a return to some emotional eating.. Been a fairly stressful time, come of late..

Anyway, hope you all are well!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #8  
WonderWoman

morning all. workout done. having some coffee and a bar right now. banana, soymilk and fiber one will follow as a late morning snack.

dan, i hope everything is ok at home!

michelle--good job for getting back to exercising! i have 3 kids too. a 6yr old, an almost 4yr old and a almost 6 month old.

katie--hope things are healthy at your house. and that DH is almost done with potato harvest!

hello joan!

hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #9  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey All

Yeah...last week has been quiet.Hope everyone been good.I woke up before my DH left for work this morning...6:15am pretty early for me!!!So now I am bored...just had my breakfast and thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Because I really want to think of something nice this morning to make it bright and cheerful....I am thinking of 3 simple pleasures...which is best enjoyed in winter.

My 3 reasons for loving winter....
1) Love the way yoga-pants feel snug on my skin
2) Fresh Oven-roasted chestnuts
3) Slow cooker soups and stews....yum!!!

Can anyone else think of anything nice about winter?
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #10  
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2007 View Post
Hey All

Yeah...last week has been quiet.Hope everyone been good.I woke up before my DH left for work this morning...6:15am pretty early for me!!!So now I am bored...just had my breakfast and thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Because I really want to think of something nice this morning to make it bright and cheerful....I am thinking of 3 simple pleasures...which is best enjoyed in winter.

My 3 reasons for loving winter....
1) Love the way yoga-pants feel snug on my skin
2) Fresh Oven-roasted chestnuts
3) Slow cooker soups and stews....yum!!!

Can anyone else think of anything nice about winter?
Oh, I can. I love winter! Coffee and a warm blanket in front of the big window during a snow storm, taking a drive in the mountains to see the amazing way the snow looks on the trees, followed by lunch in a cafe with big windows, celebrating the winter solstice with a winter bonfire, also, just the way winter always makes me feel quiet and reflective, read more books, and spend more time playing games and watching movies with my kids.

Wow MJ, you have me looking forward to snow!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #11  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All.

MJ at the snug pants. I don't like snug pants on my skin. That is my first sign that I am going in the wrong direction.

Personally I am dreading winter. I keep thinking of comfort eating, to keep me warm. Not sure why I think those two go together, but I do. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you have to keep feeding a fire.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #12  
WonderWoman

i love snuggling with my babies and making yummy soy hot chocolates for them and watching the charlie brown holiday movies and the garfield holiday movies. flannel sheets on the bed, warm, sleeper jammies for the kids. and having a big mug of hot calm tea in the evenings with my hubby. oh and watching the national lampoons xmas vacation movies as many times as possible!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #13  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Thanks for the winter wonderland stories ladies! Now I feel like going home and snuggling up to a good movie or book on the couch with a latte.
Instead I am all dressed up in my business suit at work...agh!!!
Well today is our 19th wedding anniversary...wow. I can hardly belive it. I think we are going out for a nice dinner tonight. Its going to have to be healthy as I am up a pound this week....
I am still in love with the man I married 19 years ago. I think thats pretty great!
Have a great day everyone.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #14  
Katie

Joan, I think that is pretty great too! Happy anniversary!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #15  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Thanks ladies...for sharing and spreading the love for winter
I am sooooo over hotdogs and BBq's....looking forward to egg nog and holiday cookies...but thatz still far away...so I'll stick to my simple pleasures.

Amy- hahaha!!!! Good one...
But look at it this way...may be you'll just fit in a pair of pants a size smaller than what you wearing now...so thatz a snug fit

Joan- Happy Anniversary...wish you many many many more years of marital bliss!!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote