Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 AM   #1  
Time for Some Action!

Default Starting on 10/19/09...who would like to join me??

So, I attempted the Extreme Fat Smash diet months ago, and was a complete wimp with it. I gave up way too easy and too soon. I really want to try it again. I have 8-10 pounds to lose, and one may think that should be pretty easy. Sure it "should" be easy, however I am a junk food junky with zero willpower.

I am sure with a few people or even one to support me through the diet, I can finally say goodbye to those lurking 8-10 pounds. And of course I hope to be a support for you as well.

I am going to read the book again, and I will be back online in a few days, in hopes that I have acquired some diet buddies. Talk to you soon!

-LJ

Last edited by LJ5309; 10-12-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: wanted to spell out something
LJ5309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  

hey lj
i am starting back up today after a week off.
what you should do to make this successful is find some recipes that are yummy. also, stock up on stuff that you like. i love peaches and fresh fruit so i have been keeping that good and stocked. also, hummus. i am a hummus addict! so i keep it in the fridge (homemade. it is ridiculously easy.) and either dip some fresh veggies in (my favorite is red peppers) or eat it by the spoonful.
one thing that i do that is kinda crazy. i have a pair of jeans that i used to wear when i was about 130. i put them on and mark with a sharpie how far they have to go to get buttoned. i try them on every couple of days and the sharpie mark is usually there (unless i scrub it off) and even that little tiny bit success really makes me feel good. it kind of puts things into perspective (i have been doing this for only 4 days and look how much closer i am to wearing my favorite pair of jeans.)
good luck!
raygunclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hello I will also start phase one on the 19th with you guys. I started last monday and did it up til friday and basically lost five lbs. Had some functions over the weekend so I didnt do it but I did count calories. So I would like to join I want to get out of the 230's hopefully by the 19th I would have lost two more lbs. lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/200/160

Height: 5' 6"

I hadn't even heard of this until this morning when I was up 3 hours early because I was so miserable about my weight! It sounds like something I would like to try. I will try and get the book tomorrow and read up ready for a trip to the supermarket. If I can get the book I will definately join you - I can't guarantee I'll make it through the weekends, but I'll try!
Clockaleanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 62.7/59.5/53 kgs

Height: 161cm (just under 5'4")

Hello,
I'd love to join you. I started day 1 today and think if I could lose 5 kgs in three weeks that would be amazing. As an added incentive for me, my lovely sister is visiting in exactly three weeks (and we've always been a little bit competitive) so I'm quite looking forward to this
raygunclan, the idea with the sharpie pen is a great.
It's been a pleasure meeting you ladies and now I'm off to take a tablet for the caffeine withdrawal.
missmumau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

OK I'm in one more time. I am going through a separation so this may be just the thing I need to get undercontroll.
I don't feel much like eating anyway, stress does that to me.
So Monday morning I will be with all of you and starting FS.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #7  

I started on Wednesday but I am with you! I think I am going to stay on phase 1 for a little bit as I am not much of a meat eater.
kristen0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

i'd love to join! i just bought the book and i'm really excited/nervous.
good luck to everyone who's starting tomorrow (and congrats to those who've already started)
i'll check back in tomorrow.
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #9  
Lil' Old Chick

Great just great, I'm starting FS today, and we have been invited to a friends house for DH's birthday. She is making veggies (good) brown rice (great), steak (bad) chocolate cake (badder).
I'm going to bring a morning star burger, and really fight with my no existence will power over the chocolate cake.
I have to go to town all day as well, so I will have to pack a lunch in the cooler.
Off to a great start, but I have committed to doing this, so what ever happens I will do FS today and be proud of my self when the day is done.
Good luck ladies, and don't fall off no matter what happens.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #10  

I am sort of restarting today even though I did detox all last week. I did a new weigh in this morning and I am down 5 lbs from Tues (10/13). (not bad hoping for more) I have not completed a full 9 days yet. I had a slice of pizza with my salad on Saturday ( I know bad) and a small cheap yesterday ( worse). So I am kind of restarting today. I may just do the full 9 days to see how much I can lose.

Well good luck to everyone

Starting Weight 149
Current Weight 144
Total to lose as of today 29
5 lbs down 29 to go
goal weight 115

Last edited by Brook506; 10-19-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Brook506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #11  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi all!

I just decided last night to break out my FS book and re-start the program today. I know that the first couple days will be tough. So I'm glad that I found some FS buddies to share the journey.

dangerouscurves76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #12  
Lil' Old Chick

Drat, I did good all day and tonight went to DH birthday party and had a small piece of cake. When will I learn to say NO THANK YOU.
Now I have to start day 1 all over again tomorrow, because I am an all or nothing person.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi All! First time blogging...first time joining a group...and the very first time I'm trying FS! I've got a long journey ahead of me but I feel so blessed to have friends to come along on the ride with me!

Day 1 today...didn't eat all 5 meals, but I did stick to the plan. Can't remember the last time I had so much veggies in one sitting let alone a whole day!
whoimgonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

how was everyone's first day?

i must say, i find fs a little confusing.i think efs is a lot more straightforward, but when i tried i found it a little intense and gave up. anyways this is what i ate today:
meal 1: egg white omelette w/ tomato and spinach
snack 1: banana
meal 2: spinach salad w/ chickpeas and beets
snack 2: cut up raw veggies dipped in yogurt w/spices
meal 3: brown rice with broccoli
and later on for snack 3 i'm going to have some pomegranite and a cup of herbal tea.

can any more experienced smashers tell me if i followed it right?
i am finding it hard...i'm not hungry but all i want to do is eat! all the foods i'm not allowed!! although i doalways find that any time i try to watch my eating my appetite magically increases to double or triple...funny how that happens.

Me Too- i know how that is. good luck tomorrow! i'm already dreading an occasion on wednesday night where i know there will be delicious cookies....

whoimgonnabe - ha, i was thinking the same thing! i swear it taked me a week to go through this many veggies....
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

I want to joing I am restarting the fat smash diet again.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote