Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Default new tomato supplement!

Ok, y'all, my center just told me yesterday that they reformulated the tomato supplement b/c so many people complained about it. The stuff at my center is supposed to be new but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it! I had such a negative experience w/the first stuff.....just wanted to see if anyone else had tried the new stuff yet?? PLEASE let me know! Thanks!!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
Ok, y'all, my center just told me yesterday that they reformulated the tomato supplement b/c so many people complained about it. The stuff at my center is supposed to be new but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it! I had such a negative experience w/the first stuff.....just wanted to see if anyone else had tried the new stuff yet?? PLEASE let me know! Thanks!!
Do you happen to know if the new one is called tomato basil--or is that the old one? I've never tried either yet...but also have been afraid to try what I have from the comments.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #3  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hello,

Funny this comes back up. My sister and I were hesitant to try the tomato soup after reading the reviews on it. We got to craving chili as the weather turned colder so my sister broke down and bought a box. She made chili with it and thought it was delicious even trying it by itself and liked it. So I tried it and what do you know I liked it. Our box does say tomato basil. Don't know if it is the same or not.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Yay!!!!!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #5  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

that's encouraging!

on a related note, i bought a box of hot chocolate when i went in yesterday and it's in the new box. now i'm scared...
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I always liked the MRC tomato soup. I bought some from Diet Direct that was Tomato Basil and it was ok. I think I liked the original tomato soup better though..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Do you happen to know if the new formulation is in a green box - tomato basil? I haven't tried it but did see it in a green box now. Thanks,
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #8  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
that's encouraging!

on a related note, i bought a box of hot chocolate when i went in yesterday and it's in the new box. now i'm scared...
Hi leahruthie,

I thought the hot chocolate was good before and now...So enjoy.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Hi leahruthie,

I thought the hot chocolate was good before and now...So enjoy.
ah, that's great news! i know others have been a little more dubious, so i'm encouraged that not everyone hates the new formula

i've been trying not to indulge in creamies as i'm getting back on track, but i look forward to my next hot chocolate treat!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
that's encouraging!

I was skeptical of the new hot chocolate as well, but tried a box anyway. It tastes a little different maybe, but is still good. It's been a while since I've had any, so maybe that's why I didn't think there was a big difference. The new one has more fiber they told me.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/174/125

Height: 5'1"

I usually add chili powder to the tomato soups giving it gives it a little zest and sort of helps with not having Mexican food. Also adding any of the allowed protein meats beans and vegetables make a good soup. You can add extra water to make it plentiful.
JERZGERL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
that's encouraging!

I didn't try the 'old' hot chocolate mix, but I did try the new. It's not bad. Would be better with either some marshmallows or peppermint schnapps, though!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Hello,

Funny this comes back up. My sister and I were hesitant to try the tomato soup after reading the reviews on it. We got to craving chili as the weather turned colder so my sister broke down and bought a box. She made chili with it and thought it was delicious even trying it by itself and liked it. So I tried it and what do you know I liked it. Our box does say tomato basil. Don't know if it is the same or not.
I used my tomato basil tonight too and loved it....It is the "new tomato soup"--I asked at center today.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERZGERL View Post
I usually add chili powder to the tomato soups giving it gives it a little zest and sort of helps with not having Mexican food. Also adding any of the allowed protein meats beans and vegetables make a good soup. You can add extra water to make it plentiful.
That's a great idea. I'll use that. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Yes---the tomato basil IS the new one!!!!!!! Yea! I feel like someone finally listened! I might ask for a sample of it and see if they'll let me try it! I know one counselor well so maybe she'll hook me up! I love the cocoa, too. Haven't tried the new stuff. Hope it's as good!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote