Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/140/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Body for life meal planning...

I'm trying to get the protein and carbs in every meal. I have 45g of oatmeal in the morning with 350ml of semi skimmed milk - is that enough, in terms of oatmeal being the carb and the milk being protein, or should I add some more protein?

Also,when it conmes to portions, should I have a whole can of tuna, 1 or 2 chicken breasts etc... How large is a cup when it comes to measuring liquids, like fat free yogurt?

Grrr. Clean eating is hard work!
BeaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #2  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

From what I've read, suggested serving is 20-25 g protein/meal which is about 3-4oz/serving. So, you can eat your protein accordingly. Or if you know the total amount of protein you want to eat/day you can break it down to how much you want to consume per meal. For example, if you're planning to eat 120g protein/day and eating 5 meals/day then it comes down to 24g protein/meal.

1 cup is 8 oz. Do you have a kitchen food scale? It's really worth getting one.

Last edited by pintobean; 10-09-2009 at 07:11 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #3  
Mel

For BFL, milk is general considered a carb because the natural sugar (lactose) is so high compared to the amount of protein. Add an egg white omelette and a adjust your oatmeal to get about 25 grams of carbs.

I found the "fist-palm method" to work within limits. I dropped starchy carbs out of my last meal of the day and subbed fruit and lots of veggies. I also did more cardio than he proscribed.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Oatmeal with a hard boiled egg was my go-to breakfast, except in the summer months, when I would replace the hot cereal with Special K. SK is not the ultra whole-wheat high fiber cereal, HOWEVER, I found it to have more protein than many of the 'heathier' cereals, so since getting protein was my goal, it worked well for that purpose. I also go with a fat free milk, which you may want to try instead of part-skim, which I take to mean lowfat?

ETA: Photocopy the food list from BFL and go by that. It would seem that milk could be a protein, but you need to play the game by the BFL rules. There are a few foods that I can think of that are in a category other than what you might think. Peanut butter is a fat, not a protein too. Sorry! And you're right - clean eating is hard work. And BFL is like having a newborn in the house. Eating every 3 hours........and lots of wet diapers!

Last edited by sportmom; 10-18-2009 at 09:31 PM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #5  

God, it is hard work! BUT (!) I think I've finally got the food under control - know what I'm eating every day and now getting the gym stuff sorted. I guess it's like riding a bike - once you do it, you never forget!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #6  
Mel

Exactly! Good for you
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:01 AM   #7  

Thanks Mel! You've been so awesome - everyone has! I love this site!