Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #1  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Default I feel guilty --

when I spend too much time on the computer anymore. I KNOW I should be up doing something. It's blah outside though and my son is using the tv so really I don't have a way to exercise. Maybe I should look for some things that I can do to exercise that don't involve using the Wii or going outside to walk.
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I feel that way sometimes too. I have 2 young boys, so its hard to get control of the tv...if cartoons are on and I turn the channel, its like the end of the world...and half the time they aren't even watching lol I can't really get outside and do much because my kids are too young to stay inside alone (and its getting pretty cold for them to be outside too). So when I feel I need to get off my butt and do something (and can't use the tv for my workout dvds), I usually start cleaning. I can work up a good sweat giving the bathroom a thorough scrubbing! Cleaning your house might not SEEM like exercise because its such a normal thing for us moms, but it burns calories!! Plus you end up with a super clean house! =)

Hope that helps!! Good luck!
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #3  
Focused on the Future

Great advice! I hate cleaning lol but I am sure there are things I can do that would definitely help out!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Who LIKES cleaning?! I don't like it anymore than you do, but knowing that I'm burning calories helps give me the motivation to do it! Another idea...depending on where your computer is and how much space you have, maybe you could buy some workout dvds and play them on the computer. Or there are tons of free workout videos online...some of them are kind of short (10-15 minutes), but if you do 2, 3, or 4 of them you have a good 30-60 minute workout in!
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #5  
Focused on the Future

Nice!! Never thought of that! I did go vaccum the upstairs and the basement and did a load of laundry lol
Old 10-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #6  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

You could take advantage of the time the kids are utilising the tv and do some yoga. Double benefit in that it's amazing and makes your body just feel great, AND it's incredibly peaceful and will make you feel so much more relaxed and centered.

Just a suggestion.
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #7  
Never looking back...

S/C/G: 194/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I second the yoga. It does chill you out AND builds strength and flexibility.
MrsJerseyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #8  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I feel the same way. I wake up early (before my daughter gets up) just so I can get my workouts in but I still feel like I should be doing more throughout the day.

I second Amba Dawn's advice tho. When I really feel like I need to do something, I clean. Problem is there is only so much cleaning you can do before you're just cleaning already clean stuff! But with kids (and husbands) around it doesn't take all that long to get dirty again.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote