South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'

Good morning! I woke up to the rain beating against the windows, and it doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.

Monica and Carley came out last evening to spend the night, and as soon as everyone's ready, we're going out for breakfast and then up to Reading for some outlet shopping. I don't really need anything, but I may pick up some things for Christmas if I find some good sales.

Debbie, I hope all your bumps have smoothed themselves out!

Cyndi, sorry I missed the party last night. Jake, Monica and I made up a pot of hot spiced apple toddies and played Scopa until the wee hours.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We're cold again at about 24ºF but are supposed to "warm up" to 43º this afternoon. Sunshine is still in the forecast which is a blessing.

If you hear creaking, it's my body. Wendy and I worked until after six last night and finished the flower bed. It looks just wonderful and I can hardly wait for Spring. Today I will plant several things along the foundations but the rest can wait to Spring. We planted about 300 bulbs in the new bed so there should be quite a display. It was hard work and fairly expensive but worth it. Wendy charges $25 per hour but works full speed the whole time and earns every penny.

I am supposed to go to a la-di-dah fundraising dinner at The Mill tonight but may opt out. They already have my $$$ for the ticket and I don't want to subject myself to a boring evening in an unheated old stone building with water running through it! I think it will be a nice at home evening with my book, a glass of wine, the woodstove and my darling doggies who are a bit needy this morning. (When I'm working outside they worry that I may leave in the car without them.)

Time for another coffee and a decent breakfast before I start the day. I hope your weekend starts off as well as mine is.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am so happy it's the weekend!

Cottage - Enjoy your shopping trip. There are so many outlet malls in NH but I just never make it to any of them. Thrift store shopping has made me extra cheap I guess

Ruth - Wow, you've inspired me to get my butt into the garden today. With that stuff floating around yesterday I think my time is running out. A hot bath, wine and doggie time sounds like just the right ending to the last few days of yard work. I am so looking forward to pictures of your gardens in the spring

Today is our one nice day so it will be yard work for us. I want to put my gardens to bed, plant some garlic and get that new bed finished. Julie will mow/mulch leaves so I'll have plenty of material to layer on my beds. We really want to see Where the Wild Things Are but decided it's better to save that for the rainy day.

Of course I'm also planning to get stuff into the dehydrator (probably all apples now), pick more apples, and do the usual weekend stuff. Tomorrow afternoon will be for playing if I get everything done today, so incentive to keep moving.

Hope the sun shines at least a little where you are this weekend
Old 10-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all!

Cottage - I keep telling myself I'm going to christmas shop early, and I keep failing. It's good to spread the expense out!

Ruth - OH! I can't wait to see pics in the spring! I keep thinking of planting bulbs at the new house, but I remember she had a lot coming up this past spring. Besides, there's SO much to do on the inside. My DD LOVES those flowers!

Cyndi - I'd be curious, how much food have you dried?!? You're a dehydrator queen!

Me - Have my new pup next to me . She's amazing, I think, for a 4 mo old pup. She did great yesterday with the pottying, but started to inside this am. To her credit, it was right after breakfast (although she had been out 15 min earlier), I joke she's from the DH's side of the family . She has the best little personality...I can't believe she was there 6 weeks before I took her home. Guess it was meant to be! We don't have a name picked out yet.

Is there anything else to plan, other than play with puppy!?!?

Have a great weekend, beachers!

and I forgot to mention...she slept in the crate ALL NIGHT w/o peeing!! YAY!! (and quietly...only whining when she heard DS awake)

Last edited by TwynnB; 10-17-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

I have had to wake up my little guy every day this week. He slept till 7:15 and I went to his bedroom to get him up for school. Today, he woke me up at 6:30. He's not my favorite.

Cottage, I'm going outlet shopping today, too. Yuck! I have to have pants for work. Wish me luck!

Ruth, I bet your beds are going to be beautiful in the spring. Would that be May?

Cyndi, After you see Wild Things, please let me know if you think Auston will like it. He screamed like a girl through Night at the Museum.

Twynn, Sparkit is an outside dog, but I would love for him to sleep in a crate in the living room on cold, wet nights. Do you think that's possible?

Me: Tonight is the Fall Festival at Auston's school. It should be a fun time. Jeff and I are working the booth for Auston's class for an hour. I'm looking forward to meeting other parents.

It's 46 degrees outside. Getting close to complaining... Jeff and I are going to cut more wood today. I really love a nice fire in the fireplace.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Hi ladies!

I'm in a rush, need to be on the road to Massachusetts by 8:30 this morning. I'm going to spend the day with my mom and dad.

Our router died the other night and as ridiculous as it sounds, I had NO time to go buy a new one til this morning. I can check email from school but all forums are blocked to keep the kids out of trouble. I haven't had a chance to catch up on your posts yet - I just got home from WalMart and tried out the router by checking this site. Gotta log off and get going while my husband is still in a good mood. lol

I finished phase 1, I'm down 9 pounds exactly. I didn't have my steel cut oats this morning because we'll eat lunch at my mom's and I'm not sure what my options will be there. My dad is diabetic so they don't push candy or pastry, but they love their starches.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...Happy Weekend!!!
The rain finally stopped and the cool weather has moved in. All my windows open last night and in my heavy robe this morning. I slept till almost 8! I never sleep past 5, so it was a shock and a treat.

Not sure what we are doing today. The weather is so great and it's so soggy still out in the yard after a month of rain that we may be digging up and moving stuff. In just a month, ferns have taken over in my rose garden and little bushes have shot up...so they gotta be moved. May go to a town close to here on the lake that is having an Octoberfest this afternoon.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I read everyones posts, but I'm running out the door so I just stopped for a quick . It's 45 degrees and sunny here.

We're taking the doggies for their walk, then to the pool for a soak and maybe a bit more exercise. Happy Saturday! See ya'll in a bit.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

rflolpimp! The Mill dinner was LAST night so I missed it anyhow! Sure is fun to be old and forgetful. I went to the local feed store for a few things this morning and then went to Cottage's favourite Eastern Ontario place and had a delicious coffee and read the paper. This is shaping up as a ME day and I may not lift a spoonful of earth until tomorrow in celebration.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Happy weekend, ladies!

I'm still waking up... didn't get into bed til 2. NO idea why I woke up just after 9. UGH! Coffeeeeee!

Cottage: OOoh shopping. I wanna come! I get the bug to shop nearly every weekend. Even if I just go to a second hand place and spend 5 bucks it makes me happy lol Hope you have a good time!

Ruth: Sounds like you have a good start for your spring flowerbed! What is your favorite flower? Did you get to plant it?

Cyndi: I want to see that movie too! It looks so freakin cute! We have a movie theatre here that gets the new releases late and it's only 4$ to go so I will probably wait until it goes to that theatre. They also serve food and upscale beer and such. It's a fun time.. you can make a whole night of it. If you see it before I do, you'll have to give me your review!

Twynn: Do we get pics of the new pup? Are you looking for name suggestions? we could all help you out with that I'm sure! lol

Chelby: LOL isn't that the way it goes? When you have to be up, you wanna sleep. When you can sleep... something happens to get you up.

Heidi: Glad you got your internetz back up and runnin... and congo rats on your great job on phase 1!!! I bet that feels really good!

Femme: WOOHOO! Oktoberfesting is the bomb! lol well, at least here it is... Hope you get a chance to go have some fun!

Lexxiss: *waves* Have fun! Come back soon lol (and enjoy your sunny weather!)

So, I know I said last night we were going bowling (a change from karaoke) but when we got to the bowling alley there was league. Who has league on a Friday night when other people wanna go have fun!? So we threw some darts (cricket) and then dum dum dum... went to karaoke LOL

The crowd SUCKED. But at least my friends and I had a good time... if it hadn't been for us, there wouldn't have been much singing going on at that place last night. So we did all of our favs and then for some reason ended up makin it "dirty karaoke" night. Screw the crowd, we make our own fun! LOL

I've not been drinking due to SB so I was designated driver. Brought my roomies home about 1:15... completely hammered. Which was pretty funny since one roomie is a karaoke dj and doesn't usually get a chance to let loose and go see someone else's show.

I was so productive yesterday, I don't have much to do today. At this point, don't even have a plan for the evening, which is unlike me. I'm going to enjoy the relaxation and play things by ear.

By the way... I'm having my first Honeycrisp today

Happy on plan day, beachers!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #11  

I would have been able to sleep in later if I had remembered to shut off Brian's alarm. He's with his Dad and I thought about it last night and then just forgot. I did have time to get a good walk in this morning with my neighbor and the dogs before my State Farm agent came to review my policies. I've been putzing around playing games on Facebook since then but I'll head out to Petsmart soon. I'm thinking of taking the dog to bathe him at the self-grooming place. He doesn't need it often but after all the rain he could sure use it.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies, Did great on day 1 yesterday and today is starting off well. We have a neighborhood party this afternoon, I think its going to be a challenge. But I'm up for it.

Chelby - your sons is like by DD. Will sleep after 7 during the week, but was in our bed at 6am today. Not fun.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,

I am starting out late I slept till 9:30 a.m. I have been oncall this week and have been woke up everynight this week, so I guess I needed to catch up on sleep.

So many activities to do today and this has put me behind. Fall festival in town plus at the Air Force base, DD2 has a soccer game at 1 p.m. and we are going to take her to see Where the Wild Things Are. I hope she does okay with it. DD1 definitely wants to go that was her favourite book when she was little.

Have a great day everyone and if you have sun enjoy, we are supposed to get our sun tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm glad you thought of me while you were at Forfar's. I'm really hoping you can bring some of their wonderful cheese when you come for Thanksgiving.

They had some great sales at the outlets, but my "find" of the day was Lee jeans that regularly sell for $40, marked down to only $9.99, and they had them in petite! Whoohoo!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

It was a beautiful day for our walk and the pool was heavenly.

Cottage, glad to hear your shopping was successful.

Ruth, hope you've been enjoying your "ME" day.

Cyndi, hope your chores are almost done so you can go have fun tomorrow. I've been meaning to ask if "Gardenburgers" are SB friendly?

Twynn, glad you didn't have to work so you and the pup could bond.

Chelby, how was the Fall Festival-give a report.

Heidi, hope your visit was nice. I'm glad you're back online.

Cat, hope you made it to Octoberfest. It sure sounded fun.

Gothik, I'm always glad to hear you're out having fun and staying OP. How was that apple?

Barb, I hope your insurance has gotten figured out. I need to look into some different health insurance. Your gym stories motivated me-I'm meeting a PT on Monday.

Paula, glad you're joining in on the daily thread. Hope your party didn't include too many foods.

Pearlrose, I'm glad you slept in. Your weekends are always sooooooo busy!

Sophie, did you get the fridge yet? I'm knitting this afternoon after I finish prepping next weeks' food.

OK, back to food prep-knitting is calling....
Closed Thread