South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Coffee and Chat

I'm tipping my mug to Thursday. Whew, this week went fast!

It's cold and ugly outside, so it will be a good morning for staying home and putting away the summer clothes. I guess I won't be needing them again for some time. I don't have to go in until after noon today, but the girls have gymnastics from 6-7, so I won't get back until around 8. I may end up having tomorrow off, unless Cindy decides she needs me for something. I could do with a long weekend.

Sit down for a moment and share a cup of coffee before we get too busy.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! Slept until nearly seven with NO dog alarm. I had a fire in the woodstove last night and they just snoozed away. If this is a trend, I love it.

Wendy is supposed to come to garden today but not until 11. Right now it's 24Fº or -4Cº out there so we will both be in woolies. We hope to get the new bed started by outlining with the hoses and adding layers of newspaper and leaves plus some odds and ends of earth. Tomorrow my lawn contractor guy comes with a load of that super soil and we will start moving plants from the field into their new home. Of course there will also be bulbs to plant as well. I see hot baths in my future. It'll be loads of work but soooo worth it come Spring!

Just realized Donna is coming today too! Just think - tonight I'll have a clean house and a start on my new flower bed! Life is good!

I hope your day is as wonderful!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, Cottage!

We really never put our summer clothes away. You never know when a rogue warm day will show up. I've worn shorts for Christmas before!

I'm enjoying my coffee with you. I haven't been to the grocery store for more than milk and eggs since before our beach trip. We are out of everything. This morning, I had to cut up a paper towel to hold the grounds in my coffee pot. Crunchy coffee, YUM!

Good morning everyone to come! Happy Thursday!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #4  

Ruth, I'm glad Jazz is letting you sleep in these days. Who would guess a simple thing like a warm room is all he needed? I can just picture your new addition with the landscaping around it. Wish I were there to help supervise. If it ever warms up enough, I'd like to get some bulbs in, too, before the ground freezes.

Chelby, I've done that paper towel trick in a pinch, too. I discovered that cheesecloth works better, though. Get thee to a store for groceries today! BTW, did you do anything special for your anniversary?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We have another day of rain, but temps in the mid 50's so at least no snow. I also slept in today, so I am going to sit with a cup of coffee. I'm going to pour one and be back.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Sounds like come of your days are busier than before both girls were in school full time. Thanks for the coffee

Ruth - Hooray for sleeping dogs and wood fires Enjoy the new bed building. Spring will be so much fun when the new beds all start popping.

Chelby - I've used that coffee trick too. We never wear shorts in the winter though I just had to buy a new pair of capri workout pants for spinning. oops.

Debbie - Enjoy that coffee and see you soon

The weather is definitely on the downhill slide to cold here. It's 28 and there is s*** in our forecast already. I don't have the right tires yet so tomorrow morning could be a real PIA.

I'm doing the meeting via conference call trick this morning. I decided I have way too much work to do to spend 5 hours driving. I'll probably pop in later when I'm losing focus I'm going to do the usual work at home stuff - bake bread, set-up the dehydrator, get the crockpot going. Makes the house smell good and provides breaks from calls and data entry. Then tonight is Thirsty Thursday with the girls.

Hope your Thursday makes the easy move to Friday without any major bumps.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I'm back-starting cup 2

Ruth, everything is better with sleep! Glad you got some, you'll need the added energy for your day. I'm thinking of your beds in Spring already.

Cottage, enjoy your morning-I don't envy your late night, though.

Chelby, blessings for your MIL. This will be a hard week for the family. Take care of yourself and GET SOME GROCERIES!

Cyndi, that conference call, though boring, makes much more sense than driving. I'll look forward to your popping in.

Gothik, how was that Honeycrisp? I found everything tasted much better after P1-your apple should be spectac!

Me, had a "boring" day yesterday. Still trying to make the mental shift to colder weather. I hope I do better today. It's a busy day, which will help. 2 exercise classes this morning and knitting with my prayer shawl group this afternoon. We haven't gone for dog walks since it's been so rainy and Rudi is restless this morning. We may have to go today, anyway.

I said I would post pictures of Bing's sweater. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=e1415b36c2 He isn't thrilled with it but it should keep him warm. He shivers when he's outside and he "ain't seen nothin' yet."
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cottage- I dragged out my sweaters that other weekend. It is only going to top at 49 today but they say it will be in the low 70's next week, we shall see.

Ruth- how exciting to get your flower bed started, hope you don't get too cold out there.

Chelby- How was your straight to home night? Hope you enjoyed the evening.

Debbie- Good morning, you slept in wow Enjoy your day

Cyndi- I wouldn't drive for 5 hours for a meeting either. Hopefully it will not snow yet since you don't have your snow tires on.

As for me yesterday was swamped so didn't get in here, today will be the same so I figured I would try and get here early. A friend is supposed to be stopping by tonight so we can catch up so that will be nice. I have laundry coming out of my ears, I was all done Sunday and got up and then Monday when I got home the basket was completely full again. Huh!!! DS and DD1 cleaned their rooms....need to teach them how to do laundry I think...

Have a great day.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #9  

Our weather has been really weird (which is pretty normal for Dallas, I guess). We were in the 40's last weekend and in the 80's yesterday. It was 76 when I got up this morning but it's already dropped to the low 60's. At least they predict it will be dry until Tuesday. I am sick of the rain and the ant mounds are huge.

I did make it to the gym and worked with the trainer last night. I'm going again tonight. I'm also getting my haircut this afternoon. I've got lots of work to do but I wanted to pop in and say Hi before I really started it.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #10  

Cyndi -- I wear shorts or capris to Jazzercise every time, all year long. I have a pair of long Jazzer pants, but I die in them.

Cottage -- Jeff's parent's watched Auston last night and we went on a date! It was a nice treat. We went to my favorite Chinese restaurant then to Sam's Club. I'd say I'm a cheap date, but I spent about $50 in Sam's.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Meetings are so much better when I can hit the mute button and scream at people

Pearl you said the "s" word.

Barb - How do you like working with a trainer? I'm thinking about it but the expense is making me hesitate.

Chelby - You don't wear a tiara?

Okay, I should figure out what they are talking about. How fun
Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #12  

i got both Jake's and my clothes all switched out and culled through. I have a huge bag for Goodwill, and another for the trash. That got me started on going from room to room, getting rid of things we don't use. Jake's supper is made and ready in the fridge, and I have a veggie curry simmering on the stove for my lunch and supper.

Time for a nice cup of tea.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #13  

Oh, Cyndi, I SHOULD wear a tiara to Jazzercise. I'd be FAB!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #14  

Cyndi - I had never worked with a trainer before I joined LA Fitness and I really do enjoy it. Patrick works me a lot harder than I would work myself and he is great at making sure I don't hurt my bad knee. I was concerned about the cost too and really didn't want to spend it but what they did was allow me to just get 3 sessions a month for $90 and then Patrick writes up my program so I can follow it the rest of the time on my own. It would have been cheaper per session if I had gotten more but was more than I was willing to pay. I don't work nearly as well on my own and find I mainly end up doing cardio. You might ask what the club can do for you just to see. I had a Bally's membership but they closed the one in our city and Don goes to LA Fitness so I meet him there to relax in the hot tub quite a bit.

I had lunch with Don and his co-worker, Joe, at Waffle House. They actually have a pretty good grilled chicken breast there and it was fun to talk with the guys.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hot tub time sounds great about now!

Brrrrrr! I have been working outside since 10:30 and am just perishing from the cold. The front bed is now marked out, dug out, fertilized and ready to plant. Wendy aka Slave Diver had me working digging out plants and lugging bags of earth and cow poop out to the front. Right now I am in the middle of using the leaf-blower to move the leaves from the lane onto the new bed. Wendy left as her kids are coming home from school. I am going to have a nice mug of tea before I go out and finish blowing leaves. It sure beats raking them. I just may soak in the tub before a pasta supper with a glass of wine. I hope I can stay awake for Grey's tonight! (I slept through it last week!)
Closed Thread