Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #1  
Running With Scissors

S/C/G: 178/175/150

Height: 5'3

Default Always Starving Lately

In the last four or five days I'm always starving. Anywho, i'm eating all of my meals but still hungry not long after I eat. Anywho, tonight I like way overbinged on dinner and i'm very concerned :-( I'm trying to figure out how to get motivation back or how to resist or something! Any suggestions?
indiegrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #2  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

What diet are you on? I am just getting started again, but did Weight Watchers a while back and have some suggestions for that. If you add a lot of fiber that will help, and you can make yourself little treats - like low fat cool whip with a few dark chocolate chips mixed in, or half frozen strawberries, or make a pot of cabbage soup? I am going to do that soon too!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #3  
Running With Scissors

i'm doing weight watchers.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

And what KIND of foods are you eating? Protein and fiber. Fiber and protein. Those are highly filling foods. With lots of staying power. Empty calories won't sustain you and keep you satisfied. Quality of calories REALLY matters. I also eat frequently, never allowing myself to get too hungry. Protein and fiber. Ones with lots and lots of volume. LOADS of veggies, veggies and more veggies. Big serving sized portions. And I drink lots of water and tea, as I find it to also filling.

I don't know how long you've been on WW, but if you're already thinking about throwing in the towel, instead of tweaking your foods/plan, perhaps it's time to forget about motivation and work on COMMITMENT. Making a lifestyle change is not easy and takes time. IMO, it just won't happen without an IRONCLAD COMMITMENT. This way you do it whether you feel like it or not. You do whatever it takes. What ever is necessary. Whatever is required. Period. You make no excuses. You find a way to make this work and then you work it, work it, work it.

Losing weight and lots of it is doable for anyone and everyone. Yourself included. So make that commitment, that ironclad commitment, and then there's no way that it can't happen.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I second water and veggies. Yesterday, I rebelled by not having veggies with dinner (I had a HUGE salad at lunch, I justified!) and I was hungry later one, when normally I'm not. I'm not going to make that mistake again!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #6  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I know I'm a voice in the wilderness, and I would NOT throw this out as a first step, but keep in mind that there are a FEW of us out there that have found that we need a higher fat intake than typical to be satisfied! Nuts, seeds, avocados, cooking w/coconut and olive oils ... worth a shot if nothing else works. Good luck!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

More fiber, more veggies, more water! I was having the same problem, so I started drinking two big sips of water for every one bite of food I ate...and it definitely helped to fill me up.

Also, look into 0 pt snacks. 1 of those 10 cal sugar free jello packs is 0 points, and plenty of fruit and they have crystal light popsicles...1 sugar free pudding cup is one point (and those are great if you need a chocolate fix)...and the WW fudgesicles are 1 point and AMAZING.

Basically, what I had to learn was to eat smaller meals, and snack in between. If you aren't able to snack because you're at work or something, drink something that isn't water or tea...something that takes points like orange juice or milk. That way you're "snacking" but on a liquid. It helps hold you out until you can eat again.

One more thing, if you are just starting, it takes a week or two to get used to the smaller amounts of food, so just hang in there and you'll adjust!
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
I know I'm a voice in the wilderness, and I would NOT throw this out as a first step, but keep in mind that there are a FEW of us out there that have found that we need a higher fat intake than typical to be satisfied! Nuts, seeds, avocados, cooking w/coconut and olive oils ... worth a shot if nothing else works. Good luck!
That's the case for me
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Don't forget about water too...or any other no calorie beverage. I know there have been several times where I confuse thirst for hunger. Plus, drinking enough helps keep your tummy full
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #10  
Running With Scissors

i've been doing it since august and lost a little over 20 lbs. It's just lately i've been hungrier than usual. I've gone through periods all my life where i've been hungrier at points and then in stretches i can go days eating very little. it's very weird.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #11  
On my way to Skinny!

S/C/G: SW220/150-160GW

Height: 5'5

I have the same problem lately. Im ALWAYS hungry and im giving in
mateosmama2005 is offline   Reply With Quote