Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Constantly Hungry

So I'm finding that lately...I'm constantly hungry. I'm eating exactly the same things that I've been eating for the past 3 months, but for some reason I'm constantly having to fight the urge to go eat everything I've got in the kitchen. I stay OP, I eat all the WW Points I should in a day, and I'm still hungry. I don't know what I've done that's changed my appetite...but I hope I can figure it out soon. I don't know how much longer I can hold off raiding the kitchen cabinets =/
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:49 PM   #2  

Have you been working out more? Have your WW points dropped recently?

I follow WW as well and have been experiencing the same problems. I think it's my activity level has gone up. It's weird though!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #3  
on the way to skinny

My activity level has actually gone DOWN...I just quit my job on monday, and I won't be starting my new one for another week...so since monday I've just been sitting around playing games and watching tv...because I don't really have anything else to do.

I don't work out at all. I know it isn't good...but I haven't had the time, and I'm also trying to prove to my mother (who has bad knees and a bad back and fibromyalgia) that you don't need to exercise in order to lose weight...I'm trying to help her find the motivation to try.

So no, I'm not really active at all. I'm just hungry =/
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

I personally have had such experience when I am bored and have nothing much to do.
May be that's the case with you too, since you are at home these days. Try engaging in something that interest you rather than watching TV, that may help.
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:22 PM   #5  
on the way to skinny

I just ate a lean cuisine cheese pizza, and I'm feeling much more full. I think maybe what has been happening is that I'm not eating enough during the day. Before I ate the pizza, I was only at 14 points so far for the day...so I guess I need to eat more for lunch, or buy some more food to snack on. When I was working full time, I also drank a lot of tea and water, so it probably helped to keep me full...I don't think I'm drinking nearly enough water anymore.

Hopefully, spreading out my points more and drinking more water will help.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 PM   #6  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I would say its probably the water! Im horrible at drinking it but def notice a difference in my appetite when I drink enough compared to when I dont. =)

Hopefully you'll get back into a routine when you start your new job. I get munchy when Im sitting around bored.

Stay Strong!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #7  

Today I started building more snacks into my day and so far so good... for today I've had:

* yoplait source fat-free yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup fiber 1 cereal (1 point)
* mandarin orange (1 point)
* apple with cinnamon and spenda (1 point)

as well as my regular breakfast (poached egg and fat free cheese on a WW bagel) and lunch (protein shake and salad).

So far so good!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #8  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I was wondering if maybe you're not sleeping as much? I know that lack of sleep can really effect your hunger/appetite. Also, for me, I have to start the day with pure protein or I get really hungry throughout the day. My breakfast is a soy hot dog with nothing else. I know that's not very balanced, but I get plenty of fresh fruits and veggies the rest of the day, but if I have anything sweet when I wake up, it messes up my appetite. Oh, another thing that has helped is to completely eliminate all fake sugars and all refined sugars. I used to have frozen yogurt, or diet cokes and those are out of my life. It's not off limits, but I just never choose to consume them anymore.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #9  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

I'm sure someone already thought of this - but since you just stopped working and have spent time with 'nothing to do' maybe you just think you're hungry...when maybe you're bored. When you work there's not always time to think about being hungry.

Just a suggestion. I don't know the WW plan, but isn't fruit an 'eat as much as you like' thing? If so munch on apples and grapes - really enjoy the 'lady of leisure' thing. Maybe make a fruit salad and eat it with fat free yoghurt?

Either way - hang in!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

It could also be the lack of activity. I know personally when im home im hungry and want to eat. When im at work busy I tend to think about it less.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #11  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i made a really similar post last week. my son was out of town with dad all week and i was OBSESSED with food. now that they're back, im right back to normal. it is probably the change in routine
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #12  
on the way to skinny

It probably is a change in routine, except now I'm having the opposite problem...

I get really hungry, so I make something to eat, and then I can't even eat half of it, and I feel like if I keep eating I'll throw up....but then not even two hours later I'm hungry again, and the same thing happens again.

Now I'm getting hungry, but I can't manage to finish my food. =/
Old 10-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/146/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey! You will feel much more full if you eat more fiber-rich foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Also, if you're going to eat carbs, make sure that they are whole grain or whole wheat. I eat oatmeal (almost) everyday for breakfast and it keeps me satisfied until lunch!

~Luz
maintain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 193/168/150

It could be that you are dehydrated as your body sends out the same hunger signal for needing water as it does for food. I am doing WW as well and I drink about 2L of water a day and I am not as hungry as I was before. You could also add benefiber to your water as it will help your belly feel full longer, too.
pumkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
It probably is a change in routine, except now I'm having the opposite problem...

I get really hungry, so I make something to eat, and then I can't even eat half of it, and I feel like if I keep eating I'll throw up....but then not even two hours later I'm hungry again, and the same thing happens again.

Now I'm getting hungry, but I can't manage to finish my food. =/
So, just plan on eating part of now and part of it later. Now you're on plan instead of off.

BTW, I used to wonder why I was so hungry sometimes, and other times I couldn't eat much and got full fast. The hunger is sometimes premenstrual, sometimes not. It's kinda unpredictable for me. But I *did* find that just changing a habitual meal to something else made me much fuller. I couldn't pin it so much on the type of food (low carb didn't matter), it was the change.

Last edited by JulieJ08; 10-19-2009 at 12:14 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote