Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Default Day 1 thru 4 question (too much salad)

Hello, I am new to MRC. I am on day 2 and on the menu says to eat 8 oz of salad and vegetables, but by the time I take my supplements and vitamins and drink my water, I already feel full. I am having a hard time eating the amount that is listed, which is 8 oz. Has anyone else had this problem? And do I have to eat all 8 oz?

I dont mind the lettuce, but the only other vegetable I like that is listed for now is broccoli and not too fond of it raw cus its so dry. Love it cooked at dinner though...
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by changes4me View Post
Hello, I am new to MRC. I am on day 2 and on the menu says to eat 8 oz of salad and vegetables, but by the time I take my supplements and vitamins and drink my water, I already feel full. I am having a hard time eating the amount that is listed, which is 8 oz. Has anyone else had this problem? And do I have to eat all 8 oz?

I dont mind the lettuce, but the only other vegetable I like that is listed for now is broccoli and not too fond of it raw cus its so dry. Love it cooked at dinner though...

Hi---
Unfortunately, the answer is YES....you have to eat it all (all 8 oz). Do you eat cucumbers, scallions or radishes?? You can add those and that gives it some weight. Hang in there....when you get to the Green menu, it gets better. If you're just not able to do it, you need to talk to the counselors and see what they recommend. There's something called veggie replacement powder but I don't know how that works. I love veggies....I have more issues with the protein.
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #3  

Thank you. I figured I probably was supposed to eat it all. I did go to the supermarket yesterday and bought some cucumbers and I decided to try the olive oil and apple cider vinegar as a dressing and it was alot better than the spritzers that I was using.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Thats so funny! i remember when i was thing "god this is TOO MUCH SALAD!!" i didnt think i could possibly finish it all!! Now ive gotten to the point where its just not enough, and i usually make my salads at least 12 ozs! Sometimes more!! Btw, i dont usually eat just "salad" anymore. Once you get on the green menu your options open up and ive found im in LOVE with the coleslaw (in the recipe book) and the summer salad, also in the recipe book! Give ema try when you get to gree..they are SO GOOD (assuming you like cabbage)
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #5  

It is pretty funny. I never would have thought that I would have trouble eating 8 oz of salad, but with all the water Im drinking, Im having to eat VERY slow and I still can only get down about 6 to 7 oz, but I am staying very strict OP other than that, even drinking 96 oz of water a day and no salt or caffeine at all. One more day on yellow diet and then off to my next!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you. I figured I probably was supposed to eat it all. I did go to the supermarket yesterday and bought some cucumbers and I decided to try the olive oil and apple cider vinegar as a dressing and it was alot better than the spritzers that I was using.
I also LOVE apple cider and olive oil but I add Mrs Dash and sometimes a packet of splenda for a different taste but this is all I've eaten for dressing on my salads since starting MRC
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

There's also the MRC ranch dressing from the book. Basically it's a hidden valley dry ranch packet and cottage cheese blended until smooth. It hits the spot with the salad veggies.

I'm on the green menu and I'm still having problems of being too full or just not wanting to eat because I'm not hungry. Had that since the yellow menu. Maybe taking too many of something that suppresses my appetite. I would get to the point where I felt that I would gag if I ate one more bite and then felt guilty about not finishing my meal (and this was on the salad veggies and on other meals during later menus). My center told me to eat as much of everything as I could, that it was ok not to eat everything if I couldn't.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

You are on the hardest menu. It gets better, really. Cucumbers and ranch salad dressing spritzer are getting me through. I also find I have to take TIME to eat now to get everything down.... and that's good but had gotten so used to fast things.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
Thats so funny! i remember when i was thing "god this is TOO MUCH SALAD!!" i didnt think i could possibly finish it all!! Now ive gotten to the point where its just not enough, and i usually make my salads at least 12 ozs! Sometimes more!! Btw, i dont usually eat just "salad" anymore. Once you get on the green menu your options open up and ive found im in LOVE with the coleslaw (in the recipe book) and the summer salad, also in the recipe book! Give ema try when you get to gree..they are SO GOOD (assuming you like cabbage)
Yum! I am with you, I love salad and I wish I could have more.. Thanks for the idea about the coleslaw! I haven't had that in years.. I will try it out..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #10  

So I went to my center yesterday to pick up my blue menu and its basically exactly the same as the yellow menu, just a few little differences. I told them about my salad problem and they told me to just eat what I could. I guess I am doing something right because in less than a week I lost 4.5 lbs. So excited to keep going and lose this weight!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
I just got the recipe book. Which coleslaw recipe is your favorite--I saw several.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #12  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

its the "regular" coleslaw"...not the norwegian. And i think there might be another one too. I like to add just a little bit of yellow mustard to it also!! and its really good if you add some fresh dill!! The Summer Salad recipe is in the back for some reason...with the deserts or something, becuase you put an apple in it.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote