Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #1  

Default Update from resident rooster

Hi everyone

I haven't posted much but have been lurking in the background reading all of your great information and seeing how much success you're all having. Today was completion of my 12th week on the program and I'm down 35 pounds, 9.5 pounds from my original goal of 200. However, I know I will not be satisfied if I stop at 200 so how does the program work if you want to modify your goal? I believe I have until late November before my contract date so as long as I reach my goal by then I think I'm set for maintenance, right?

Will they let me keep going below 200 up until that contract date? What if I want to continue for a time after that? I'm assuming they probably make you pay a hopefully moderate fee to extend for an extra month or something? I'm thinking 185 might be where I should be aiming although it might be more difficult to maintain at that weight.

thanks for the info
Dave
supradave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #2  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Great job Dave. I was able to change my goal. When I set my original goal I tried to be realistic as not to disappoint myself. My original goal was 220 once I realized that I would make that with 1 month letft on my contract I just asked them to change it. They were completely fine with that. Hopefully your center will be as flexible. I don't know why they wouldn't. I will of course be paying more to get down to the 178 I truly want to get to. I could try by myself but think I will be better working with the Center.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradave View Post
Hi everyone

I haven't posted much but have been lurking in the background reading all of your great information and seeing how much success you're all having. Today was completion of my 12th week on the program and I'm down 35 pounds, 9.5 pounds from my original goal of 200. However, I know I will not be satisfied if I stop at 200 so how does the program work if you want to modify your goal? I believe I have until late November before my contract date so as long as I reach my goal by then I think I'm set for maintenance, right?

Will they let me keep going below 200 up until that contract date? What if I want to continue for a time after that? I'm assuming they probably make you pay a hopefully moderate fee to extend for an extra month or something? I'm thinking 185 might be where I should be aiming although it might be more difficult to maintain at that weight.

thanks for the info
Dave
They'll let you change it. My original goal was 145, then we changed it to 140 at my request once I realized 145 was still considered 'overweight' on the BMI tables. Then we just decided to see how low I could get by my end date. Unfortunately I hit a plateau and got off-track for a couple of weeks so I'm at 145 today (based on my home scale). So hopefully by the end of stablization, which I'll probably start in the next couple of weeks, I'll be at 140 or below. Then they told me I can choose a maintenance menu that will allow me to keep losing slowly, as I should really be in the 130s. My center had absolutely no problem with me wanting to change my goal.
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

Thanks y'all. I'll ask the ladies at the center about it as the target gets closer.
supradave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

When I weighed in yesterday my counselor discussed my goal weight and when to start stabilization, the final decision will be mine as I am within their healthy weight now for my height (on the high side), however not quite in the fat percentages yet...I would still like to lose another 20-25lbs for my personal goal, I have 5 weeks left on program and I will continue on the program until then and will start stabilization for 6 weeks and continue to lose what I project to be the final 10 to 15 pounds while on stabilization and maintenance. This was her recommendation rather than re-enrolling...I will see how stabilization goes and if I am not still loosing then I will reevaluate. I am just so excited to know that next month I will attend the stabilization party and move to the next phase of this weight loss journey, a goal I failed twice before on this program.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #6  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
When I weighed in yesterday my counselor discussed my goal weight and when to start stabilization, the final decision will be mine as I am within their healthy weight now for my height (on the high side), however not quite in the fat percentages yet...I would still like to lose another 20-25lbs for my personal goal, I have 5 weeks left on program and I will continue on the program until then and will start stabilization for 6 weeks and continue to lose what I project to be the final 10 to 15 pounds while on stabilization and maintenance. This was her recommendation rather than re-enrolling...I will see how stabilization goes and if I am not still loosing then I will reevaluate. I am just so excited to know that next month I will attend the stabilization party and move to the next phase of this weight loss journey, a goal I failed twice before on this program.
Stabilization next month, you have done a great job! And you are already within the weight range too. That in itself must be a great feeling.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Do your center not offer you free weeks on program. Back in July I received 4 free weeks for customer apprecitation and this past weekend I received 2 free weeks for the October contest that they are running. You may need to find out about these types of contests.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote