Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Complete failure

Is it possible to accept yourself fat? Cause it might be at that point. Anything i do/try is a complete failure. I get motivated and then give up. Any "diet" I try i fail at. Even couting calories or weight watchers. Anyone have any suggestions?
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I am at a similar point but don't give up! I wish I had more for you but I know that quiting is not loving your self. Loving your self is not letting your self be unhealthy. I know what you are going through so I know all of that prob seems stupid because nothing works but continuing can't hurt. Quitting can!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #3  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

I've tried everything... I've lost weight and put it back on before I was done celebrating.. I've even celebrated weight loss with pizza! BUT... as long as you know your trying and you know you do what you can, when you can your never a failure.
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/244/160

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes its not just about the diet or the counting calories. Sometimes it is about making small changes for yourself and your famlies lifestyle. I don't know your situation, and I am new to this website, it has taken me a whole year just to loose 20lbs, its not fast and its not easy and sometimes I relapse, but it will all be worth it in the end. Keep your chin up and keep going!
Avai Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #5  

It's SO hard but why give in to "failure" by giving up. Stay strong, you can do this!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Please don't quit. I suggest that you just start making small changes that you can live with. Don't worry about how many pounds that you need to lose. Set a goal to lose 10 pounds and then go from there.

We talk a lot about not counting on motivation because motivation can be fleeting. Make a commitment to yourself. If you don't think that you can go full force, make the changes that you can make and then build on it.

You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/171/155

Breanna,
Yes, accept yourself as you are - that is who you are right at this moment! Body image is so important at every stage, because if you dont love yourself fat you still will not love yourself when you are thin! Think of what you would tell a friend, do you love your "fat" friends less than your thin friends? No of course not!
I have tried all sorts of methods and diets and find that only when I am feeling good about myself am I in a right frame of mind to budge the weight. I hope this helps you - I noticed that you have a picture that says someday I'll be a flower - you are a flower already. Be kind to yourself.
africanaussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Yep...I have a suggestion...

how about you start failing at failing!

You are in the right place to start...

you can do this kiddo...it won't be easy but it is way easier to do it now...
and your life will be so much more rewarding when you get older...

don't waste your youth "trying"....you can do it....

we are here to help!

Hugs ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #9  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Don't give up! You can do it! Si se puede!

For me, the solution was to completely revamp my relationship with food. It's a very rare occasion now that I reach for ice cream or cake or even a grilled cheese sandwich when I'm upset. I still reach for food, but for healthier food. Crunchy soy nuts, for example.

If you have a bad relationship with food, you'll never be "successful" with a "diet." You may fight for a while and lose some weight, but you'll put it back on. So, for a while, maybe instead of being so focused on the scale, focus on how you feel about food, how it makes you feel and how you react to its presence.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #10  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Pick 3 things you want to work on. For instance, counting calories, walking 30minutes 5x a week, and drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily.

Have you had your thyroid checked (T3 and T4)?

Where there is a will, there is a way. You just haven't found or made a plan that works for you. Weight loss is doable-no one stops us except ourselves. Excuses are the culprit typically. Keep working at it and you will find something that works. Calories in vs. calories out. The more you move the more you lose. You are not a failure. Sometimes it takes trial and error. There isn't a quick fix and does involve work.

If you give up, you are sure to fail. Why settle for a lower quality of life when you don't have to? Often it takes baby steps. Pick your worst habits to work on and then expand from there...

Please don't let your negative self-talk prevent you from losing weight. You are capable, and you definitely can do it.

Do you want these consequences?
http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/causes/health.html

Health Consequences
Research has shown that as weight increases to reach the levels referred to as "overweight" and "obesity,"* the risks for the following conditions also increases:1

Coronary heart disease
Type 2 diabetes
Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Dyslipidemia (for example, high total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides)
Stroke
Liver and Gallbladder disease
Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
Osteoarthritis (a degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint)
Gynecological problems (abnormal menses, infertility)
*Overweight is defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher; obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 or highe
r

This is what may happen to us if we do not get the excess weight off. What is fun about that? Is the food truly worth it? PM me if you need support.

Last edited by better health3; 10-12-2009 at 08:40 PM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
Is it possible to accept yourself fat? Cause it might be at that point. Anything i do/try is a complete failure. I get motivated and then give up. Any "diet" I try i fail at. Even couting calories or weight watchers. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think it is possible to accept yourself at any size, IF you are happy with how you look.

I use to think everything I tried failed as well, but I never really "tried" You have to look at this as a lifestyle change, it's not something you stop doing. This is a journey. We all have up and downs, but you have to keep going. I know this site has helped me soooo much. It's our own huge support group. We all know the challenges weight loss is, how HARD it is. Hang in there, we are all in this together!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #12  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Breanna, I'm sorry that you're feeling so discouraged. I've certainly been there before, having spent a good 20 years on diets that I couldn't maintain for very long... it's incredibly frustrating, isn't it? I felt like a failure for a really long time.

It's often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I'm not sure that I agree with that 100%, but when it came to losing fat and getting healthy I definitely had to change my approach. What finally worked for me was making little changes at first rather than launching directly into a strict diet. One of the first things I did was stop drinking regular pop. I later replaced some of the processed junk with my favorite healthy foods, and later on with healthy foods that were totally new to me. After a while I started feeling better and more able to take on even bigger changes. My journey really involved a number of steps (big and small) rather than one giant leap.

Everyone (even people who "fail" at diet after diet) can make a healthy change or two. You can do this!
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies. A lot of me failing has to do with my mind. All I do is think about food. Its disgusting. Even when Im not hungry im thinking of what to eat next. I mean why do I do that? Maybe I will try for a trainer, Maybe i need that kind of motivation.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
Thanks ladies. A lot of me failing has to do with my mind. All I do is think about food. Its disgusting. Even when Im not hungry im thinking of what to eat next. I mean why do I do that? Maybe I will try for a trainer, Maybe i need that kind of motivation.
I think you need to focus on taking one small step at a time. Make it an hour sticking to your plan, then half a day, then a day. String a few good days together and you start to believe you have it in you to do this. String a few weeks together and you've shown you have what it takes. Anytime it feels overwhelming, just pull back your focus and just focus on the next hour and work your way out again. There is no magic motivation out there. You have to make hard, good choices for yourself over and over again that often go against what your mind tells you it wants. And that leads to success. You can do it. Don't give up!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! I just wanted to say you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to! I always think about food too idk why I always have lol Start off with small goals like another person said. Believe it or not it works when u just stop drinking soda and eating junk food You can do it don't give up and if you do tomorrows always a new day to try again!
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote