Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Default I am sooo tired

Title says it all
I am very tired, my body is telling me by different ways
In the last year, I've caugh maybe 3 bronchitis and many colds
I'm always sick...
Today I'm having one of these big migraines.
I'd sleep for days if I could

I just came back from France a week ago, and over there I caught another bronchitis, and to top it all, the medicine I was prescribed, well it seems I'm allergic to it. It was amoxicillin, a kind of penicillin... In 2 months, it's my third allergical reaction. I've been on cortisone for a month now

What is wrong with me???
I was never that sick before...
Is my body trying to tell me something?

I should listen to it, I know that, I feel like being 30 y/o next year is trying to get into me (like I'm scared of it hahah).

I may try a cleansing diet next week. I've heard it can help cleaning everything to start over on the good feet.

Does anyone here already felt like that?
Being sick all the time without understanding why? Because all my life, I was in very good health, except my weight being too high, but I never had colds or the flu and stuff like that.

Sorry for my mispelling again
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Have you ever been checked for diabetes ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #3  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

You may also want to get your thyroid checked. I was exhausted all the time before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

I could be that you never got rid of the original lung infection that is causing the bronchial problems. When you finish your meds do you return to your provider for a check?

Your weight can contribute to antibiotic issues, if they are not giving you a high enough dose for your weight, or if you are not taking the prescribed doses, or quitting the meds before you are through with amount prescribed. Also, you should not ever drink alcohol when taking antibiotics, it totally negates it.

Have you, in the last year, moved to a new city or state? often times, if you live in a rural area you are not exposed to as many bugs and don't build the antibodies to fight them, then you move, get introduced to new bugs and have to get sick several times for your body to create antibodies to fight off the new germs.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I am 29 as well and I have had more health problems this year than I have my whole life. I hear the short-term cleanses are great, but my friend swears by the Master Cleanse. I think I would do the one with fruits and vegis though. She piles the weight back on after every Master Cleanse. I have not had horrible problems myself with colds though.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I had the same problem and my doctor was no help. I was so tired I couldnt even function, all I wanted to do all day was sleep. I was gaining weight like a mad woman. Then I entered 3 months of non stop illness. Each of which the doctor tried to treat like an isolated case. "No, I dont just have a cold with an ear infection, I am on my 14th ear infection in the last 8 weeks - this is a problem"

I went to a naturopath and got put on B vitamins and in just a short time I started to feel TONS better. Not perfect because I am insulin resistant and mildly hypothyroid, but once I combined the B vitamins with super clean eating things starting feeling MUCH better in a hurry. NOT a cleanse. In what I had the added stress of a fasting type diet would have made it work. Just clean. Organic, no sugar, white stuff, artificial stuff etc.

Last edited by ennay; 10-07-2009 at 10:04 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #7  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Good point Ennay, a lack of B vitamins can make you feel lethargic. B vitamins are water soluable so you need to get more of them in your diet because they are not stored in your fats for later use like fat soluable vits are. Taking a multi could help. but you can get your levels checked with a blood test and a doctor can either prescribe you a multi with b's in it or they can give you a b-vit jab.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #8  

Thank you everyone for your answers

@ bargoo : no but I might do that because my father has it and my mother's sisters too.

@ hope4me : I will ask for that too when I will meet my Dr, if I can get an appointment soon, she is sooo hard to meet...

@ Mango30 : no I havent checked with the Drs who prescribed me the medicine because each time they were different Drs. I havent moved from any city to another either.

@ mamaspank : The Mastercleanse diet scares me... I will try a 1 week cleanser, a friend told me about one at GNC with acai berries in it.

@ ennay : you have a point there... last time my blood was checked, my Dr told me I had a lack of B12. I also have some colonic troubles and I'm followed on that. I may check about it because it might be related, like the Celiac disease...

I know for sure that eating better will help my health, I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables per day, that's a fact...
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I think the interesting thing to me was that for the last 18 months I have really struggled, not only with energy, but with this pattern of work work work to take off one pound and then ONE bad day and I would get 3-4 lbs. Water weight you say? No, because water weight eventually goes away. I was also struggling with no real ability to stay on my eating plan. I kept trying to toss in external motivators like a "diet buddy" or "weight loss challenge" and nothing was keeping me on the path. 25 lbs later...

A couple weeks on these vitamins and suddenly I have no interest in eating crap. My motivation is internal (which is where it needs to be) My hunger level is much lower so instead of struggling to stay below 2000 calories, I am comfortable with 1400-1600. And the scale is MOVING.

I am also doing some reading on leptin and ghrelin control and foods to support thyroid function and have made a lot of changes there as well.

Bonus, my skin has cleared up, my wrinkles have diminished and my nails look like I have acrylics.

MTA: I am also taking Garlic, vitamin D and vitamin C. Now because of my thyroid this week I am adding selenium and zinc and for general health fishoil. But I think eliminating artificial crap has done a lot.

Last edited by ennay; 10-11-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #10  

Interesting!

I started taking B12 supplements last spring but as everything I start, I didnt finish the bottle... I need a kick in the butt. lolll
Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #11  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

ok, the zinc is going. I am typically deficient in zinc. But the damn supplements are so high they make me sick and zinc is dangerous. Why dont they have nice safe 5 mg pills? Zinc rich foods are just hard for me.

I'm also scratching the selenium for now. I dont like what I read on overdoses of that. I was going to do zinc on one day and selenium on another but I am doing ok with selenium intake. Glad I spent all the $$ BEFORE doing the research.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #12  

Willa a lack of b12 will defintely make you tired! You really should have those levels drawn again. Your doctor may give you b12 injections, which should make you feel better pretty quick. Or they may have you take those supplements. Don't be lazy with them, if your deficent you need to take them.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #13  

ohhh... and here's a KICK in the butt! lol for not finishing the bottle.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
ok, the zinc is going. I am typically deficient in zinc. But the damn supplements are so high they make me sick and zinc is dangerous. Why dont they have nice safe 5 mg pills? Zinc rich foods are just hard for me.

I'm also scratching the selenium for now. I dont like what I read on overdoses of that. I was going to do zinc on one day and selenium on another but I am doing ok with selenium intake. Glad I spent all the $$ BEFORE doing the research.
Did you talk to your doctor before trying these supplements???

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
ohhh... and here's a KICK in the butt! lol for not finishing the bottle.
OUCH! hahaha

I finally have my appointment for the allergies tests...
I was going to try in a private clinic (here hospitals and clinics are free, unless you go private) to pass quicker, but saddly they don't do medecine allergies

So, I got my appointment, but it's on december 23rd!!!
What a shame! And I had to accept this one, because after that it goes to APRIL 2010!!!!!! ¬¬

I tried stopping taking the benadryls yesterday, I woke up this morning with a bloated face and red patches coming back on my knees. So... am I supposed to stay on Benadryl until my appointment in December? The lady told me I could try Reactines... but between me and you guys, a girl get's tired of taking medecine everyday.

If I stop the Benadryls for real, I know all the patches (from the Penicillin allergy) will come back and I'll have to go to the Dr, and I am 100% sure they wont know what to do except from taking an appointment with the Allergies clinic...

I am MAD.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #15  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Oh jeez no wonder you are tired, benedryl is a sleeping pill.