General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #1  

Smile Diet Tribe

Anyone watching Season 2? I missed last night's episode so I'll have to watch it on On Demand in a little bit. I keep forgetting its on Friday nights now instead of its original Monday night slot.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm not an avid watcher but I think Jamie is hooking me for the simple fact of HOT the man is lol but anyways....I saw a little bit of the end, if it was in fact the new episode..something about the girls drinking/partying the night before the weigh in and Jamie was pissed about it. So now he's worried that they're not being serious with it anymore and he's making them write down every single thing they eat and email it to him. So yeah that's what I saw

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I loved this show last season. I don't have cable but stumbled across it online and plan on following it this season. In fact, that's why I sat down at the computer just now, to catch the second episode of season 2, but figured I'd check on Chickies first.

Really wish this show got the attention Biggest Loser does. It's so much more realistic and inspiring to me.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #4  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I didnt see the first season but watching season 2... I'm thrilled they are doing a triathlon. Hope it will encourage more people to try it out. If anyone gets inspired by watching I suggest you read the book "The Slow Fat Triathlete" it's what got me started.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 AM   #5  

I agree that I wish the show received more exposure like BL too. There is too much game play and drama on BL. I love the show don't get me wrong ... but I'm a MUCH bigger fan of Diet Tribe because the drama that does go on in the show, is real life drama ... things that we all may encounter on our journeys for a fitter lifestyle. Plus there isn't a big prize at the end. These girls are doing it JUST to be healthier. Last season I felt it was too short ... and glad to see they added another 30 days to this season. And yes, Jessie isn't too bad on the eyes either but even if it were another trainer, Id still watch it. I love the concept of the show ... REAL PEOPLE and no fake drama stuff.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #6  
Age 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
I didnt see the first season but watching season 2... I'm thrilled they are doing a triathlon. Hope it will encourage more people to try it out. If anyone gets inspired by watching I suggest you read the book "The Slow Fat Triathlete" it's what got me started.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I had just realized the other day that the mix I do for my exercise (swimming, hiking, and bike at the gym) could be prep for a triathalon and would have to put that on the "some day" list. Cool to think I could be working toward this now.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #7  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

I didn't see season 1 but I have been watching season 2. Well, I watched the first episode and have the second one recorded to watch. I love the idea of training for a goal like a triathlon (all 3 things I love to do though the combination of doing them in succession is a little daunting!). I wish they were showing more of their training/workouts, but maybe they will as the season progresses.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
Thanks for the book recommendation. I had just realized the other day that the mix I do for my exercise (swimming, hiking, and bike at the gym) could be prep for a triathalon and would have to put that on the "some day" list. Cool to think I could be working toward this now.
That's what happened to me too I was doing a learn to run program and already doing exercise bike and I knew I liked to bike and thought hey if I just remember how to swim I could to this for kicks, Of course now I'm going into my 3rd season of doing it. I'm still slow, but I enjoy it. Signing up for races is always great motivation for keeping up and increasing your fitness...

So you guys think Season one is worth watching off the Net?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #9  
Age 53

Yes, watch season one, I loved it. Here's the link to get to the episodes on line: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/diettribe/video
Old 10-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

Thanks caryesings and congrats the 36lbs!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Glad this thread was started, I had forgotten about this show!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote