Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Friday 10/9

Hi everyone! I had to share -- I've made it half-way, as of this morning. 40.4 pounds of my 80 pound goal are G-O-N-E. (Never to be seen again, right!)

I had two weeks of half-pound or less losses and then I pulled out almost a 4 pound loss this week. I'm so happy! My body REALLY didn't feel like letting go of these pounds, I guess. But it finally did!

It's taken me 18 weeks (about 4 months) and I'm averaging a loss of 2.2 pounds a week. (2.0 pounds a week if you don't count my first week 7 pound loss.) I'm hoping to keep up the 2-ish pounds a week average but I know it's going to get tougher as I continue to get smaller. I know it will probably take me more than 4 months to take off the second half of the weight, but I'm already feeling so good about everything I don't care I know I'll get there!

Oh, and I love yoga and am going to go twice a week for the next 7 weeks. It's not much of a "workout" so to speak, but we are doing core exercises and the stretching feels really nice. It's just not really feeling like cardio.

Last edited by Rebound; 10-09-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #2  

WTG! Rebound I am so happy for you. Jealous as can be, but happy that you've lost so much weight. What diet are you following now?

Me, ahhh.. well. I do good for a week, fall off the wagon. Same ole crap different day. I kept thinking this is THE time, and then it's not. I wish I could buy motivation because I would buy a case at a time.

Not much going on. Going to watch Final Destination 4 tonight with my sis. Tomorrow I am working an event for church. Sunday... nothing much, just church and hanging around the house.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Yay, Rebound!! I am SO proud of you. Everyone LOOK at Rebound - she never gives up! If she has a so-so week, she just redoubles her efforts and moves on. Good job, girl!

I like yoga and pilates as well. I have to say that I like pilates or "sports yoga" better. I don't get into all the ohm, one with the universe stuff and am not saluting the sun.

Well, poor DH slept on the couch last night and gave the bed up to me and the baby. Baby was still awake every 1-2 hours crying and wanting to nurse. At least I could feed him laying down and go back to sleep. I don't know if he's growing, teething, or what. I had intended to start "shredding" this week, but don't have any extra energy. I'm also so hungry I could eat a cow due to all the nursing.

I've been pretty much eating when I feel hungry. Trying to wait 20min to see if I really need seconds, and TRYING to stay away from sugar.

My SIL's birthday is tomorrow so my Brother is having a party for her. S'pose we will head over there around 4 and I don't know what I'll bring. I need to hit the Consignment shop so I have something to wear. I don't have any pants that fit - unless I want to wear maternity ones...no.

Sunday is the usual craziness. Better get my assignment read for our class...nothing like the last minute.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #4  

It just occured to me to read my own quote. I find it funny that I have "Struggle as hard as you can for what you beleive in" because I am not doing that. I am making excuses and coping out, when really I need a kick in the pants to get back on track again.

Anybody good at kicking??
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #5  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, Rebound! I'm happy for you!

Mortonpixie, sorry about your lack of sleep. Hopefully, it will get better soon.

Squeak, I'm not a good kicker. I do think you can do it, though.

As for me, I lost one whole pound this week! I suppose it is better than nothing, so I will take it. And, I actually did some exercise this morning, so I'm feeling good. Tired, but good.

Everyone have a great day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #6  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

MP: How old is that baby? Maybe he needs more food if you are exclusivly nursing. I remember my voracious lil' eater had to be given some breast milk mixed with rice cereal starting when he was about 4.5-5 months or he would want to nurse every hour or less. I was thinking of inventing a shirt that would just hold the baby to my boob until my mom said "feed the kid rice already!" I just cut a bigger hole in the nipple of a bottle and fed it to him that way. He was in love instantly. I only fed him that at night, around 10 or so and he'd then sleep for about 4-5 hours uninterrupted. Some kids are just hungrier then other kids.

Rebound: congratulations! You so totally rock! We are at the same weight now, hopefully I can keep up with you over the next 18 or so weeks.

Squeek: I'm good at kicking butt, monday-friday...lol, the weekends are family time so I never get online. but if you need butt kicking m-f I'm your girl!

Me, eh, its TOM and I've not lost anything this week. Next week, hopefully, it'll be falling off of me. I am wearing a vest that I havn't worn in a few months though, so I'm feeling skinnier...if that means anything..sometimes I've noticed its my attitude that makes or breaks a loss for me. I did cardio last night for about an hour, but the gym was so busy and too many cute guys so I had to get out of there. When I was leaving the cardio room I caught a guy checking out my bum, hehehe. I'll do cardio again tonight after work and hopefully the weight room with be empty enough that I can get in there and work on my core.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Thanks for all the congrats, ladies! It feel good -- and I know that of all the people in the world, you're the ones who truly understand what it means and how hard it is.

As far as what I'm doing, it's just calorie counting and keeping it between 1200 and 1700 or so, with a few days here and there of 2000 (or 3000 eek!!).

And the two most important things I've done THIS time as opposed to OTHER times when I've lost 10 pounds and the fizzled, are:

1) I didn't start anything that I wasn't able to continue, and I started MUCH slower than I usually do when I would jump back into weight loss. This has made it much easier to keep active. I'm not running, but I am walking twice a day every day. I do 30DS. I try to park farther away from things. I try to take the stairs.

2) This is the first time that I've really been able to get RIGHT BACK on track after a few days off plan. I've had a lot of visits and parties and weddings -- and I can't say that I've been a star pupil at all of them -- but as long as I didn't let my off plan weekend drag into a off plan WEEK, I've always managed to see a little bitty loss.

Usually I drop to 1200, over exercise the holy **** out of myself, and get burned out in 3 weeks. Bit not this time.

And because I love graphs, here are my daily and weekly weight charts. Nothing was very linear, but you can see trends.

Again, thanks to EVERYONE for all the amazing support. I don't think I would have been nearly as successful without you ladies!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BthRmChrt.pdf (21.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf BthRmChrtWeekly.pdf (9.9 KB, 4 views)
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #8  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
It just occured to me to read my own quote. I find it funny that I have "Struggle as hard as you can for what you beleive in" because I am not doing that. I am making excuses and coping out, when really I need a kick in the pants to get back on track again.

Anybody good at kicking??
I am. But since there are no kicking emoticons, I'm afraid that these will have to do.

I know how you feel and I've decided to get my A into G and be like Nike.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone I am still down to what my tracker says i just took time away from everything to refocus, and such. Good job on everyones goals I'll start posting more later. Take care I am proud of you all.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote