Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default buffalo 'chicken' recipe and some nutritional content

I know this should go on the vegetarian board but I really feel it would be wasted there. and I know there are some non vegetarian ladies here who have an interest in veg foods sometimes and it's probably got a lot less cals in it than the non veg version if for only the ranch substitution.

this is a recipe for buffalo "chicken" dip, I took someones non veg recipe off allrecipes: (Found here for anyone who's interested: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Buffalo...ip/Detail.aspx ) and veggified it. It is so good and tastes like "the real thing" that my friend makes.

3 packages smart strips chik'n, (I put them in a food chopper to shred them like shredded canned chicken)

2 8oz containers of plain tofutti better than cream cheese (softened)

1 cup "ranch dressing" (2/3'rds package of lite silken tofu, blended with around a half cup of soy milk, add one packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning)

3/4 cup franks buffalo hot sauce

mix in a big pot, then transfer to a pie dish, cook for 30 mins on 300 degrees then use celery to eat the dip! IT IS SO GOOD!

this has 190 cals and 12.5 grams of fat for an 1/8 of the recipe, I ate 1/4 of it last night, and if I had stuck to exclusively celery sticks It would've been healthier than adding a few multi grain tortilla chips in there :P But either way it was to die for. probably too much fat (and kind of expensive to make) to eat often but for a treat it is really good!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Something you might want to consider as well is making seitan 'wingz'. I think this recipe would be a good base:
http://www.everydaydish.tv/index.php...ipe&recipe=106

I'd use some veggie 'chicken' broth and maybe slather on the sauce. If you happen to buy Earth Balance (I don't use butter subs/margarine), you can make your own buffalo hot sauce by mixing in a louisiana type sauce with a bit of earth balance (which would make it vegan too).

My favorite hot sauce right now is Texas Pete. I swear I could just drink it straight from the bottle.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote