Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default OCTOBER NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Sandi!

My NSV today is about getting out of the shower. For years I was used to wrapping a big towel around myself and because of how ginormous my thighs were, the towel not hanging straight down it'd open and my nasty upper leg would be on display.

Wellllll today I noticed that whilst the towel still doesn't hang down straight...it does actually cover what it's supposed to cover! No unsightly thigh triangle! Huzzah!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/See Tracker/145

Height: 5'7"

I ran my first 5K. And ran the whole time!!! So excited. I was slow, but I did it!
daisy5819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I bought a pair of jeans about a month ago on clearance at fashion bug hoping that maybe sometime later this year I would fit into them. I was trying on my jeans on Saturday to be amazed at how big all my old jeans were but having none to wear now lol So I pulled out these jeans that are 3 sizes smaller than what I did wear and they FIT!! Yippee!!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

A friend and I went shoe shopping yesterday. I have worn a 13W since 1995. When I lost a LOT of weight in 2003 I briefly was able to wear slides/sandals in a 12W, but closed-toe shoes always had to be 13s.

Well...I saw a very cute pair of heels in a 12 and I was inspired to try them on. THEY FIT! They were CUTE! And they weren't Wide!

I didn't buy them...they didn't go with anything I have and they were way expensive. But OMG I have lost a SIZE in length and a SIZE in width! My feet are almost a normal (-ish) size! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND 13s????????????????????????

Woot.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #6  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have two, to make up for the fact that I have been lazy about posting this summer:

1) I ran a ten minute mile yesterday. Usually I run sprints, not distance, so while I sprint at 7.0-7.5 mph on a regular basis, yesterday marked the first day I ran an entire mile at 6.0 mph. For miles two and three I had to knock it down to 5 mph, but 3 miles in 34 minutes is a huge accomplishment for me. It felt pretty great.

2) I have a profile on OK Cupid (a dating/social networking site, one of the free ones) that I never log into, because I have a pretty hardcore thing for a guy I work with, so my heart is elsewhere. Last night I got a message from someone on there saying he'd been looking around and my profile was the one he kept coming back to, he'd love to get to know me, etc.

So I looked at his profile, and he's 26! I'm 37. That's waaaay out of my age range. Still, it was really flattering to be hit on by a younger man, even over the internet.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #7  
Bikini Season :)

1.) I did the "random hill" setting on the elliptical - instead of just "quick start - level 1" - and I did it for 28 minutes! granted, i had a huge cramp in my calf, but it was good!!!

2.) my parents bought me a ring for my 21st birthday that i had never taken off until i hit 228 lbs and it would cut into me... I put it back on today for the first time in 4 months and it actually fits easily on all my fingers - even my thumb!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #8  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

I fit into my Old Navy Size 16 no stretch jeans this morning.
Now by "fit", I mean squeezed my butt into them with rolls coming out over every side, but they came up past my thighs and zipped up no problem so I'm calling it a victory!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Ok, mine is not nearly as exciting as these but at my age its very flattering.

One of the admins at the middle school I drive for has a crush on me....everyone knows it.....ok, easy come, easy go....I'm married! It is still exciting to know that men still find me pleasing, he's a good 5 years my junior and I'm gonna be 45 soon. I feel like a school girl, LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #10  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiL View Post
Ok, mine is not nearly as exciting as these but at my age its very flattering.

One of the admins at the middle school I drive for has a crush on me....everyone knows it.....ok, easy come, easy go....I'm married! It is still exciting to know that men still find me pleasing, he's a good 5 years my junior and I'm gonna be 45 soon. I feel like a school girl, LOL
Not nearly as exciting? I beg to differ!! I'd love it if I had an admirer!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #11  

This probably sounds a bit silly, but I was able to get into a yoga position in class I'd never been able to before.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #12  
A New Woman

S/C/G: 330/ticker/145

1. My pants have started to fall off!

2. I can tell by the glow on my dads face that he is so proud of me .
HeyHeyGabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Well, since July 22nd, my jeans are literally falling off of me. I went from wearing a 36w to a 32w which are now loose. It feels great!
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

I wore my cute little black mini skirt for the first time in at least ten years. My son noticed and said "hey mom, you look skinny."
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #15  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by waquilter View Post
This probably sounds a bit silly, but I was able to get into a yoga position in class I'd never been able to before.
That is NOT silly. I love it when I make progress in yoga!

I was asked out today by a regular patron at the library where I work. Not the person I wish would ask me out (though I did have lunch with him today), but still, it was very flattering.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote