Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #1  
Ian, Brighton

S/C/G: 232/187/180

Height: 6ft 2inches

Default The Last Leg is the Hardest

Hello Everyone,

Ill shorten a long story. Since I was warned that I was close to a heart attack last September I have completely changed my life. I have stopped smoking for over a year and started dieting in January. Since then I have dropped from 232lb to 200lb. Since the start of September I have lost no weight at all despite sticking to between 1300 and 1800 calories a day on average. (My average for height and weight as a man is apparently 2200-2300 all things considered)
I have now started at the gym (three weeks) with a 1 hour work out 5 times a week.
My resolve and desire to see my features fully returned and my stomach flat will take me to any exertion and although I take courage from the positive feedback Im getting from people I need to work out how to conquer this current trough.
Any advice good people?
ikdrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

This is going to sound counterintuitive, but I would suggest increasing your calories to 1800 - 2000 for a couple of weeks in addition to your daily hour of exercise. A man your height and weight should not be eating only 1300 calories a day. That's not enough fuel to keep you going. Heck, I'm 6 inches shorter than you and *I* eat 1600 - 1800 calories a day while losing consistently. If you were sedentary, then maybe 1700 - 1800 cals would do it, but adding exercise (cardio and strength training, I assume?), you'll have to keep your body fueled with the right foods. Plenty of protein and veggies with some carbs.

Hope it works out! Congrats on your 32 lb loss so far and good luck with the rest!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #3  
Ian, Brighton

S/C/G: 232/187/180

Height: 6ft 2inches

I felt that might be the verdict! Will follow your advise. looks like ive been over doing the dieting!

Thanks
ikdrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Sunni said it well! A lot of folks here that are looking to build muscle have referenced Tom Venuto's book - and he does have some sound recommendations for diet. If you just want to get strong and flexible, Matt Furey's programs (Combat Conditioning and Combat Flexibility) are very good - they're all body weight exercises - zero equipment - but you won't be competing in bodybuilding contests.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote