Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default slides stops right now!

I've been doing really good lately and have gotten down to a new low of 268.4 when I had a major relapse. I went out on Sunday night and got into some very bad habits. The slide continued both on Monday and this morning.

Today I've already had more calories than I need all day.

When I checked the scale this morning, I was up to the mid-270s (which is probably some water weight, etc.).

I think I need to check in and be accountable here some place publically that this ends RIGHT NOW.

I don't want to gain back any more and need to lose what I've gained back.

I'm going to eat a healthy dinner tonight and get some running in this evening.

Last edited by matt_H; 10-06-2009 at 01:18 PM.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Great job on recognizing what you need to do to help stop the cycle.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I will support you in this. You KNOW how to do it and do it well. Get back on that old horse and all that jazz
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #4  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Good for you for holding yourself accountable here.

Make the rest of today the best start to the rest of your life!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

You can do it, Matt! Let us help if we can.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

All right-y Matt. I like how you're grabbing the reins and pulling them back in. That's the way to do it. Put the brakes on. Now. No reason to put on another unneeded/unwanted ounce. Nu-uh.

You can do this. You can do this. You CAN do this. Now get out there and do it!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh Honey, that wasn't a slide, that was a avalanche. What in the world made you take the first step in the wrong direction? It's done, it's over and you tested the water only to find out that it's still deep.

I hope you reevaluate what was going on in your head Sunday (and Monday, & this morning) and try not to go back there...for awhile. While we all know you can't give up, and you must move on, and forgive yourself, and as cfmama says, all that jazz, you must also identify the triggers that lead you down the destructive path and AVOID them, or at least learn a new coping mechanism.

You already know all this, I just felt like blabbing.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 10-06-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I hope you reevaluate what was going on in your head Sunday (and Monday, & this morning) and try not to go back there...for awhile. While we all know you can't give up, and you must move on, and forgive yourself, and as cfmama says, all that jazz, you must also identify the triggers that lead you down the destructive path and AVOID them, or at least learn a new coping mechanism.

You already know all this, I just felt like blabbing.
Ya know, sometimes I'll try and figure out why I let *these things* happen, like what was the *reason* and the truth is, there is never a good reason for it. There is no justification. So trying to figure it out is not always useful for me. I'm talking head wise here. Now if I didn't have the right foods on hand, planned poorly, let tempations in my house, yada, yada, yada, that IS useful. Somewhat. Because in the end there are STILL ways to avoid it. Of course we're always looking to learn valuable lessons from these *episodes*, but unfortunately we sometimes have to re-learn them. I too am blabbing. I'm just trying to say that we don't always HAVE to know the reasons, it's just waaay more important to do what Matt's done and put the brakes on. And realize that these things DO happen and that they ARE part of the journey. And put the brakes on. Stop it before it goes any further. Put the brakes on. You may have noticed that I think the most important thing here is - to put the brakes on. Yeah, I thought you knew.

Blabble. Blabble. Blabble.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-06-2009 at 02:50 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #9  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

I think you have found the key already. Saying this stops now- not saying "well I blew ruined the morning I may as well eat poorly the rest of the day." Stopping as soon as you catch yourself is the best way to shorten these episodes we all seem to fall into. You have picked yourself up from worse, I know you can do it again! We are all here for you!! We want you to suceed and feel sucessful!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #10  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

You can do what you need to do. I know you can. I know you will. Good for you for making yourself accountable to us. I doubt there are too many men willing to "confess" to a bunch of women who like to babble on and on
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Matt,

You have done such a great job at this battle.... .and it is a battle. But at the same time... it is a journey. You are going to slip up from time to time...... don't get me to confessing my slip ups. But, such is life. Remember that it is easy to get back into old habits.... re commit yourself (like you have done) and lets get on with it! Dust yourself off..... tomorrow is a NEW day!

I wish you the best of luck!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #12  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey Matt,
Sounds like you had a binge-wrinkle, iron it out matt, iron it out. You have done so well, you'll be back in losing mode before you know it..
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #13  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

I know how hard that feeling of sliding is, and then seeing that giant jump on the scale. Try not weighing yourself for a week, and you should be back on track. Forgive yourself and move on. It's much healthier than obsessing about it and being angry with yourself. Beating yourself up won't do you any good, and you don't deserve it either. Hang in there, think of it as a metabolism boost, and get right back to it!
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #14  
Beach Babe Wannabe

S/C/G: 257/226/125

Height: 5' 4" - 51 years old

Hi Matt,

I just wanted to say have a better rest of the day.
It's a combination of good or bad days that helps or hurts us and it sound like you nipped it in the bud.

Keep on keepin' on.
Runundefined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #15  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go for stopping the binge and getting back on track. You can, and you will.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote