Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default The best I can do

So I'm 11 days away from Paris now. I still haven't been able to really focus on weight loss and have continued to bat between 177 and 184, like the first computer table tennis games. Currently at 181. The best I can do is to maintain this - at least it's slightly under the weight at which I went to Spain earlier in the year and I felt Hawt then, so I'm working at feeling hoawt now.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

ps, I've just read Robin's post to dang, memory shot, the OP of 'In a rut'. I take it on board and I'm off out for a healthy walk.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You're funny. Because I was just going to pick up on your line "the best that I can do" and jump all over it. ALL OVER IT. But since you've apparently read that other post I'll let it go.

Nah. I can't. STOP TELLING YOURSELF THIS IS THE BEST THAT YOU CAN DO. BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLY NOT TRUE. By telling yourself it's the best that you can do, you give yourself permission, you make it okay to NOT do any better. And it's not okay. Nope. It's not. Stop settling for second best when first best is well within your reach. You make this harder then need be by "sitting on the fence". You wanna lead a healthy, fit, and trim lifestyle for goodness sake? then lead it. Today. And everyday.

BUT, that doesn't meant that you can't and shouldn't work on feeling/being ummm, *hawt* right this very minute.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #4  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Hmm, you and I appear to be on the same vacation schedule. Here's to a lot of walking during our holiday paying off for both of us!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

Hmmmm. I need to go find that other post because I've also been wondering if maybe this is the best I can do. I've bounced between 197.6 and 199 for FIVE WEEKS now. Lately I've been thinking, is this it? Should I just strive to maintain and call it quits? But I don't really want to. I still have a fat gut and my thighs are still covered in a thick layer of fat. I still weigh 30 pounds more than I did before I had babies. So I know there is room for improvement, but five weeks of staying exactly in the same place is pretty depressing.

Last edited by Windchime; 10-06-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Well, ****. I wanna read RR's post too if it's that good. LOL--actually I want to read anything she writes. I need some new motivation too. I am tired of not progressing. RR is right. WE CAN DO THIS! IT IS WITHIN OUR REACH.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2958177-post4.html

This kind of reminds me of the many people who've said to me that okay, I obviously needed to lose some weight, but did I have to lose "this much" weight??? And I would think, well, only THEY deserve to be a healthy weight? I didn't deserve it because I came from such a high starting weight? So therefore I would have been *okay* not getting down to a healthy weight. Huh? Hadn't I settled for long enough? Was I not entitled to be the very best? I should have *stopped* before I was down to that normal weight, seeing as where I was coming from???? Ummm - NO. Sure I had made improvements to my health long before I hit goal, but why the heck would I just settle for *some* improvements? Why should I not give myself the best chance at staving off those horrendous preventable diseases? Why should I not give myself the best chance at the highest quality of life? Just because I was SO heavy to begin with. Ummm - NO.

Why have better when you can have best? Why?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

One thing I read recently was about making goals in general, specifically while traveling. My goal when traveling now is to come back weighing less than I did when I left for the trip. It has worked so far for 2 trips. Basically, strategize and work the plan. You can definitely lose more weight and it may involve buckling down and seeing what you are doing right now and seeing what may be holding you back.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #9  
Happy Plodder

I did manage to come back lighter from Spain than when I went, at least, by the time the aeroplane water weight vanished 2 days later, I was something like 5lbs lighter! I was so pleased - and I want to feel that way again, because that, shame shame, was the last time I lost new weight this year. July. Idiot.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #10  

Oooh Paris is EXCELLENT for weight loss! It's a great city for walking; there are some gorgeous parks for jogging and the Metro stairs. The metro stairs are a KILLER and awesome for the gluts.

Bon voyage!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I was wondering what was going on with you. Thanks for checking in...

GET YOUR BUTT INTO GEAR!!! You CAN lose more weight. You CAN do this. DO IT!!!!

/butt kicking
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #12  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Rosinante

Good to hear from you. I've been thinking about you. From where I'm sitting, it seems you may need some motivation.

When was the last time you sat down and faced the consequences of being fat? Have you made a list of the pros and cons to weight loss?

Hun, what do you want? What do you really, really want?
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #13  
Happy Plodder

Well, didn't get the walk, it's truly been monsoon season here today. Honestly. but I didn't pig out either. In fact I've spent so long on the laptop making a detailed itinerary that will print out and into a filofax sized organizer, that suddenly it's 01:30 and I have to be up in 5 hours. Ak!

Thanks for all the support.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #14  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Rosinante sounds like you need a . Hope you are feeling better today and feel more motivated.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #15  
Happy Plodder

See, here I am back again. Eating a low calorie oat and banana and black coffee breakfast.

Vickielou - thanks for the group hug!