Old 10-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

Default 40lbs 2 go, would like a buddy!

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the site and I am really excited b/c everyone is so supportive of each other and it makes it easier than going at it alone. This is my second time op. The first was in 05, I started at 198 and went to 153. I never did maintenance just worked out all the time. I gradually stopped all the exercise and over the last 12 months the weight crept back. This time I want to go all the way and make goal, do maintenance and say adios to the weight for good! So if anyone wants to buddy with me and help each other through this that would be awesome!!
taytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytay View Post
Hi all,

I am pretty new to the site and I am really excited b/c everyone is so supportive of each other and it makes it easier than going at it alone. This is my second time op. The first was in 05, I started at 198 and went to 153. I never did maintenance just worked out all the time. I gradually stopped all the exercise and over the last 12 months the weight crept back. This time I want to go all the way and make goal, do maintenance and say adios to the weight for good! So if anyone wants to buddy with me and help each other through this that would be awesome!!
I would gladly be your buddy. I've been on the program since the end of April and although my initial goal was 160, it has changed to maybe 150 or just under. This is my first time with MRC, but I've definitely done the same thing on other diets. I'm determined to make this be the last time I have this much weight to lose. I've gone to all the classes offered both Phase 1 and Phase 2 and I've learned alot, especially about myself.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #3  

Great! I am excited and you are doing awesome! You are really inspirational with all that you have lost! Congrats!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/207/145

Height: 5' 4.5"

I would like to be your buddy too! I have been on plan since april and hope to be at goal by year end, I still have 30-35 to lose. Is there a place on here where we can add buddies?
jadedangel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #5  

Hi Jade!

The more the merrier! If you click on someones profile, it has the option to add buddy, I added you and Theresa but I am not sure if there is anything more to it than that, I think it has am IM ability, not sure. Anway, welcome buddy and keep up the kick butt work!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #6  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedangel75 View Post
I would like to be your buddy too! I have been on plan since april and hope to be at goal by year end, I still have 30-35 to lose. Is there a place on here where we can add buddies?
Hey, I just noticed we weigh the same! I need to change my goal. I think it will be closer to 150, but it's nice to see at least on the ticker I less than 20 lbs to lose. Maybe I'll change it at the end of the week. One of those silly mind games we play with ourselves I guess.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i have between 30 and 40 pounds to go, ugh! i'd love the extra support as well. i've been off the wagon for more than a week now due to some crazy family health issues, but i'm really looking forward to hopping back on and getting back on track with losses. i miss the feeling of getting skinnier! and maybe now that we're not eating every meal from a fast food joint or the hospital cafeteria, i can get things back in line. i hope i hope i hope!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #8  

Leah sorry to hear about your family's health issues, it can def get you off track. But we are all here to help you get back on. I had a bad (eating) day yesterday and I am hoping it didn't mess me up! I will see tomorrow at wi.

Teresa, adjust your goal if you think that would be better. Mine is the lowest I can go so I may be adjusting mine if I find I have no chest and rear left! I know I was pretty curveless at 125 so idk. I know for my height 136 is the max I should weight but I think for my body type (pear) that just doesn't work.

Hope you all had a great on program day, I am just chillin sipping on my mixed berry HNS, teehee.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #9  

I am so frustraded. 2 weeks ago I had a great loss of 5 pounds, I was so happy but the next day I gained back 4 of them. I did not go off program so I don't know what the deal is. I have not been to weigh in for 2 weeks because I don't want to deal with all the questions and assumptions that I was off plan. I usually palteau about every 10 pounds for a week or 2 but this is ridiculous. I talked to someone at the center on the phone and she said well sometimes your body just has to catch up, real motivating-that's what they always tell me. I was thinking about doing metaquick but I never lose during and its only about a 1 lb drop when I'm done. Any ideas?
Sorry, just needed to vent thanks for listeneing.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i have between 30 and 40 pounds to go, ugh! i'd love the extra support as well. i've been off the wagon for more than a week now due to some crazy family health issues, but i'm really looking forward to hopping back on and getting back on track with losses. i miss the feeling of getting skinnier! and maybe now that we're not eating every meal from a fast food joint or the hospital cafeteria, i can get things back in line. i hope i hope i hope!
I'm sure you will see a loss once you're pack on program. There is so much salt and so many preservatives in that food. It's probably mostly water and will come off quick!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Hey, I just noticed we weigh the same! I need to change my goal. I think it will be closer to 150, but it's nice to see at least on the ticker I less than 20 lbs to lose. Maybe I'll change it at the end of the week. One of those silly mind games we play with ourselves I guess.
Hi Teresa,
My original goal was 162 and I always thought I wanted it to be lower. When my weeks ended and I was nowhere near goal I signed for 17 more weeks with a new, lower goal. I totally understand the mind games. My short term goal was to be at 170 at the end of Oct., but my mind wasn't going to let that happen so now I'm waiting to see what it comes up with next lol.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #12  

I hope, I already have drank soooo much h20 I am in bathroom every ten min! I also am upping my protein drinks. I wi at 3 lbs up..but I won't get discouraged!! Thanks!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #13  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

don't get discouraged...you've already come so far...you can do it!! keep your chin up and your best foot forward...you'll get there!!
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by taytay View Post
I hope, I already have drank soooo much h20 I am in bathroom every ten min! I also am upping my protein drinks. I wi at 3 lbs up..but I won't get discouraged!! Thanks!
Hello, I am new to this site and MRC. I know what you mean about the being n the bathroom every 10 mins. Its crazy. Didnt even go this much when i was pregnant. LOL.
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #15  

Welcome, you will love it here! So many ppl know a lot and have great advice!

I swear, the middle of the night bathroom trips remind me of being preggers too, but at least I have been getting out of bed on time these dark mornings. It's hard to oversleep when you have to go!!