Old 10-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, October 5, 2009 through Sunday, October 11, 2009

Here's some new pages.

Oh where oh where have all the Chickies gone?!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Doctor is not pressing the panic button. I have to go for another blood test in a week. He wants me to fast for this one (I didn't before the last bun/creatinine) and make sure I'm hydrated. He also said to stay off OTC's, especially ibuprofen. Apparently, the bun/creatinine are not off the map although the other kidney values are not great. He says dieting could raise the creatinine because of the processing protein? Anywhoo....he said it would be better to lose the weight than not. So he's letting me stay on JC at least for another 2 weeks until after this next blood test.

I hope you are all well. I'll be around.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I am wishing you the best with your tests. Please keep us posted. I care about you a lot and am very concerned.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Vickie, I'm concerned, too! One thing to remember is that so many things could be a factor. I even had a co-worker whose husband had some kidney function tests out of whack, and it was the otc's. You're not taking any herbal preparations, are you? If so, you need to ditch them. Hang in there and keep good thoughts.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sandra and Sloan. I didn't know it was possible to feel hugs over the web, but I sure felt them from you both!

Sloan, I was taking tylenol or ibubrofen ever 4-6 hours for over 10 days straight. I've stopped everything. The only thing I'm taking is my vitamins and my prescriptions.

I will hang in there.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Having problems with my computer, I lost my browser firefox and safrai won't let me in to my message boards. I have 6 message boards that I go to every morning & post to,but I can't use beach bum as they tell me I need a new user name.So I sitting tight waiting for Leo to wake up and help me get back into firefox.

Hope Leo can fix the problem
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Fingers crossed for my weigh in today. I had to postpone it because of my Doctor appointment yesterday.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

I had a bit of trouble with Safari this morning too, Mary Ann. I hope you and Leo can get if figured out. I think it was them, not us.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Leo fixed my side of the computer as I'm not computer savvy.

Leo & I went to the chemo center early yesterday morning and we discussed his chemo pill and the side effects. He suggested to take the pill every other day,and prescribed 2 new nausea pills to take before meals to stop the stomach upset. Doctor didn't like that he lost 17 lb in 1 month due to not eating.He going to try to eat one of his shepherd's pies this evening.Wish I could lose 17 lb[my 10%],but not that way.

I got on the scale and lost.5 so now I lost all my cruise weight[8-lbs] that I gained in way back in July.

VICKIE-Thanks for starting us up for the week.I'm just having problems with Firefox updating there system is making my computer life miserable.When they updated to Firefox 3.5 they lost my book marks & browsing button.So I thought let me try using safari[made for Mac/Apple] and they won't let me have a yahoo toolbar to replace my bookmarks. So now I back with Firefox and I'm back using yahoos toolbar. Leo side of the computer is fine he didn't lose anything.

Oh Vickie you been though so much this last month,sending prayers your way. What will you do if he takes you of the JC.????? Does he have a plan that will help you if he take you off.

Have to get going,off to the bank & than to the health food store.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mary Ann, I hope the new pills help Leo. No one wants to lose weight that way. Thanks for your concern, Mary Ann. It really does help to know that you all care.

The Doc said I'll go back on WW and cook fresh foods for myself if he has to take me off of JC. Let's hope that I've learned portion control.

I'm down a pound this week. I'd like to lose 2 pounds next week to get into the next lower "decade". It will be hard since I have a buffet tomorrow but I'll be as good as I can be. I'm also planning to exercise more this week.

I've been trying to listen to the wise people in my life. Jim is down 63 pounds and we started the same day. He pretty much exercises every day. He said he does it because to not just delay how long it will take him to get to goal.

Why drag it out is what he said. Makes sense, doesn't it? Now I have to feel good and try to stop being lazy about not exercising. Because for me, I feel that is what it is. Illness aside of course.

Talk to you all later.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody:

Good to see you back on the boards, Vickie. I've been a bit missing also, with no internet in the new house.

I'm in the Dallas-Ft. Worth airport, watching the clouds move in. I'm supposed to leave for Toronto at 1:40, but now the departure is estimated to be 2PM. I'll be surprised if we get out that quickly.

I LOVE my new home and hate to leave it and DH to go back to work. But, we are going to make it through all right, I'm sure. I don't want to step on the scales, that's for sure. I've been pretty good, but the last little while has been hectic.

I'll check back in tomorrow, or later tonight from Toronto.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Safe trip home Rhonda. Thanks for missing me. Congratulations on your new home. I read and your trip sounded like it was more than taxing. I think you handled like the trouper that you are and with MUCH more grace than I would have.

Don't worry about the scale for now. You'll have plenty of time when you get back to your temporary digs to worry about that. Can you retire earlier? Maybe they'd let you out of your contract?

I just came back from running a TON of errands. I'm tired but have some computer banking and shopping to do. Also must do FitDay. I'm hungry and don't know where I am.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

I went to an orchard near my home today. I got fresh picked produce to make some soup (zero point) and apples for applesauce. I also bought some nectarines. I bought gala for applesauce. I most often use macintosh but alternate with gala. I like a crisp sweet apple for eating and sauce. I like my sauce to be chunky and hate when it cooks down to mush. Anyway....long way to tell you my story.

Remember I said I've been trying to try new fruits and veggies? Well, I bought an acorn squash the other day and baked it. I put smart balance light, splenda, and pumpkin pie spice on it when it was done baking and it was outstanding.

Today, I bought one honeycrisp apple. I'd never had one before and I wanted to try it. I know it's still an apple, but I count it as something new. I would never eat apples out of hand, which is how I got on the applesauce kick. Well....let me tell you that it was AWESOME! If you like a crisp, sweet apple you have to try them.

BTW, the orchard lady told me today that the apples in large grocery stores can be as old as one year from the time they were picked. No wonder they don't taste too good some time!

Be back later.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow Vickie one year old apples! Who woulda thought? The honey crisp apple sounds good. I like my apples a little tart, but not as tart as a granny smith. I do love granny smith's in an apple pie, though. BTW, I used to make a yummy concoction when I first started WW. I would chop an apple and sprinkle it with a little water. I cooked it in the microwave until it was soft, then drained most of the liquid (some would cook out of the apple). Next I sprinkled on a little cinnamon and splenda to taste then topped it with sf/ff vanilla yogurt while it was still warm. It was really yummy! I'll bet you could also sprinkle on a few grape nuts, and it would taste like apple pie with vanilla ice cream! Let me know if you try it

Rhonda, I hope you get back to Toronto safely tonight. When do you have to be back at work?

Maryann, glad you got your computer straightened out. I hope the new med regimen works out for Leo.

Sandra and Paula

We are starting our fall break tomorrow. We will be out of school until a week from this Friday! I need it. I do have some remodeling/decorating goals set, but I'm happy to get that done. I'll mostly be glad to be away from school for a few days. GTG get some rest; I'm very tired I'll check in tomorrow. Nighty night!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. I've been MIA for a while. Drs appts and stuff going on that is keeping me running. My eating has been off as well - But I'm back to trying at least. Its tough when you realize you are not trying any longer. Oh well, can't change the past couple of weeks.

DH and I had our 10th anniversary. Had a wonderful dinner at a steak house. I did really well there - then there were the drinks For dinner last night I made meatloaf - 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 ground sirloin. DH has no idea! Which is a good thing, if he knew there was ground turkey in it he would not have even tried it. We did get dd to try it -- at first she was adament that she does NOT like meatloaf. One taste, she loved it. Go figure, 6 year olds!

WE also went apple picking on Sunday -- I bought a ton! Empire, honey crisps, macouns and one other. Of course they are all mixed in a bag and I have no idea which is which. But they are all crisp and sweet.

Rhonda - glad things are moving along. How much longer till you actually retire and move south? I know its coming up soon.

Maryann - sorry Leo is having a tough time. You both will get through this!

Vickie - does Jim do something you can join him daily? Or maybe you can find a new activity to do together to get you both moving together? A few years ago my Jim and I did tennis for a while, there is always walking. I hope things work out at the Drs.

Hi Sandra and SLoan -- hope all is well with you!

Well, got to get to a meeting. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote