Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #1  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Default I'm failing already..

I just started working out/dieting about a week and a 1/2 ago. We went out of state for DH's birthday and I ended up eating healthy, and even working out at the gym down there. Started to notice my depression was starting to kick in (over what I don't know!) and we ended up going out to eat. Instead of getting a wrap, I got chicken croquettes, mashed potatoes, a sweet potato, and stuff. A salad, and Cream of Turkey soup. And a soda. Can you believe it. I just wanted to sit there in the restaurant and cry. That's a ton of food. I did not eat it all, but still. Ugh. I am so upset with myself today. I could barley get out of bed. I am just starting to feel like I do not care about anything anymore...(depression). I am trying my best today. I did not eat breakfast which I should have, I had lunch. 6' hoagie with turkey, mustard, lettuce and pickles, and I will have a FF yogurt later. For dinner, who knows. We have like no food in the house right now, so I might have to make something that is not as healthy as I would like it to be. This is the first time I have not felt like going to the gym although I will MAKE myself go later.

I'm just a mess girls. I just wanna cry. Either eat everything or give up eating completely.

This weekend we are going to West Virginia to visit DH's family and celebrate a few birthdays. I am scared I am gonna get off track again. I feel like I can do this when I am at home, but when we leave to go somewhere I fall off the wagon.

I already have depression as it is but when this happens I feel like it makes it worse.

Ugh...anyway. Thanks for letting me vent.
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #2  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

you are NOT failing. you had a slip, it happens to everyone. don't have an "all or nothing" attitude! that is what gets us off track. go out right now and take a walk, think about all the reasons you decided to start losing weight.

GET BACK ON TRACK! slips mean nothing, its what you do after wards that counts!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #3  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

You're not failing! You are realizing what you need to do. You can see where your behaviors are affecting you. You can re-frame what you see as negative and focus on how great you felt making the change to a healthier lifestyle! You can do this! (hugs)
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Yeah Julia is right... You cannot have the all or nothing attitude... It took me a while to learn that, but it made all the difference in the world as far as sticking to plan.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #5  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

great words already given. all i will add is something i heard this morning, whilst listening to jillian michaels podcast.

when you have a tire puncture. you dont go , oh well. one tire down, let me just go and slash the other 3 tires. no! you fix the tire. and keep on DRIVING!!

whats done is done! its not the end of the world. just pick yourself up, and dust yourself off. and hit that gym HARD!! burn those calories that you consumed. and no damage will be done!

its all about your overall calories in and calories out, for the whole week. you still have time to make up for it. just for the next days before your holiday. stay perfectly on plan. with your exercise and with your diet, whichever diet you choose to follow. you can do this! and you will!!

then on the holiday, have your treats or whatever, just make sure you burn the calories through exercise. to make up for it.

you can do this !

and you are NOT failing. failing is giving up. the fact you are here shows us that you want to keep trying.

ps i LOVE chicken croquettes, they are my kryptonite. i would have eaten them too. but then hit the workouts hard afterwards to burn the calories

Last edited by Echo; 10-05-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #6  
Wishes I could be a cat!

Thanks everyone. I always feel better when I come here to this forum. You are all wonderful people and are so helpful I am ready to go to the gym now!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #7  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3kittiess View Post
Thanks everyone. I always feel better when I come here to this forum. You are all wonderful people and are so helpful I am ready to go to the gym now!
awesome!! that's the spirit! good for you !
Old 10-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I don't know what chicken croquettes are, but now I want some.

I'm with everyone else. Don't let this minor slip-up get in the way of your weight loss goals. Is there someone you can talk to re: your depression? There must've been some event that triggered it, maybe talking about your trip - before and after - will help identify it. The only reason I suggest this is so you can face it and deal with it/move on otherwise you could derail yourself for longer. Just a thought.

We're rooting for you!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #9  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
I don't know what chicken croquettes are, but now I want some.
LOL!! you're so funny Sunni. trust me you dont wanna know!

okay if you really want to know they are spanish tapas. mashed up chicken and potato in breadcrumb! ahhhh too delicious.

great advice given there Sunni. bless
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there, it's not a failure, just a minor blip.

I thought of something that might help us all when eating out. Make the healthiest choice you can, then if you are with someone else, have them order for you, while you hit the ladies room.

That way, you are not tempted into something else, and when you get back it's to late to change your mind.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #11  

Don't stop, do whatever you can to keep moving on, never give up hope.
livinthelife24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

I agree with everyone else. It's just a slip. You realize your mistake and that's great, but you need to move on.
If you give up- nothing will change,
if you keep going- yeah, this slip may feel like it set you back a tiny bit in the short run, but in a few days, it will be behind you and you'll be on your way.
Good luck!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #13  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Great job on going to the gym. Eat fruits and more veggies for more fiber and fullness. Please try to have breakfast every morning. It automatically boots your metabolism and you won't set yourself up at a later time.

I used to be all or nothing too. That never helped me a bit. You'll learn to shake it off and realize that this minute, is new, you have a new chance to take your life in the direction you want to. Forget about the stumble and focus on rebounding. Good luck.

Last edited by better health3; 10-05-2009 at 03:44 PM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #14  
Wishes I could be a cat!

Wow, thanks so much everyone. Always such great advice and a kick in my butt! I love it!!!