Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #1  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Default Nobody is noticing!!! :( :(

Okay. So, since probably last febuary, I have lost 10 pounds. I know, I know, not that much. The first time (in febuary) I lost around 15 pounds. I gained back 12.

Then, I started in september, and so far I lost 10. (like I said before)
It's been reallys low, and i'm kind of angry that I'm not losing weight as fast as I was before, but hey, at least i'm losing weight, right?

One thing that i always ADORED about losing weight was the fact that everybody would notice, and would always compliment me. I hope that doesn't sound too self-centered, but I think everybody likes receiving compliments, right?

WELL, anyhoo, this is the first time I can tell, but nobody else can. I can feel the muscles in my legs now, how much more thinner my stomach is, how much my pants are looser when I get them out of the dryer, and everything.

BUT NOBODY IS SAYING ANYTHING! I asked my Mom the other day while we were out if she thought I looked like I lost weight. And she said "Not really, have you? You don't look like you gained..." (My Mom is very open. She refuses to lie )

I'm bummed. This is kind of a complaining post, I know. But this short weight loss journey is on a bad foot. grrrrr
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Have you bought any new clothes yet? I didn't really start getting any attention about my weight loss until I ditched my baggy tunic sweaters and started wearing clothes that fit better.

Other people might just be shy about saying anything. To say "have you lost weight" implies you had weight to lose and they might not want to hurt your feelings until it's SUPER SUPER obvious.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

It was *at least* 20-30 lbs before anyone started noticing on me. Give it some time and you'll have compliments left and right
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #4  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Well, I haven't lost THAT much weight yet. I'm one of those weird people that it takes about 10-15 pounds until I go down a size. I'm just waiting for that tipping weight. I'm not sure how many people out there have it, but once i'm below 218-215, It instantly looks like I lost WAY more weight then I actually did. It's very nice. Just not nice at all when you gain it back. :/
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Toss your too-big clothes and buy ones that fit. People will notice then.

I finally got rid of all my clothes that don't fit. (OMG, I think I gave away 25 pairs of dress pants/jeans!) I bought one new dress, one new skirt, one pair of pants, and one pair of jeans. *Everyone* noticed.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

At your current size, you'll need to lose more than 10 pounds before it's noticeable to others. Also, if you're still wearing the same clothes, people are even less likely to notice.

Another thing is, if you lost weight before and regained it, people may be less inclined to say anything this time.

Don't worry about it. As you continue to lose, people will notice. Then after awhile, you'll wish they would shut up already!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #7  

I am also 5'11" and people don't notice until I've lost at least 25-30 pounds. I think being taller, it takes a little more for it to show.

Keep up the good work! Be motivated by how you feel better, and how your clothes fit differently, rather than by the compliments you get.

It will get noticed, just hang in there!!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

At my highest weight, I think I had lost about 70 lbs when someone first said something to me.

It is difficult when you see someone constantly to realize they have lost weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Another thing is, if you lost weight before and regained it, people may be less inclined to say anything this time.
That's what I was thinking. They may not want to say anything because it makes it clear that they're paying attention to your weight, and they worry that you'll feel bad when/if you gain it back again because you know they're "watching" you. Also, every time they acknowledge that you're losing weight, they're acknowledging that they noticed you gained it back.

I don't mention anyone's weight loss all that much... but I definitely keep my mouth shut around my "yo-yo dieter" friends and acquaintances... and even if this is only your second time around, that might be what's happening here.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
At my highest weight, I think I had lost about 70 lbs when someone first said something to me.

It is difficult when you see someone constantly to realize they have lost weight.
I totally agree.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #11  

It took a long time before people started to notice with me and then all of a sudden the compliments started to fly in. Then it would go in waves, about every 30 pounds or so I would find I would get a flurry of compliments - all at once so I knew something in my body had changed... Now that i'm close to goal I get compliments every 10 pounds or so because it's more noticable but it definately took more time at first.

Hang in there - the compliments will start to come soon!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I don't mention anyone's weight loss all that much... but I definitely keep my mouth shut around my "yo-yo dieter" friends and acquaintances... and even if this is only your second time around, that might be what's happening here.
^^This.

I do like when people notice because it's taken a lot of really hard work to get to where I am. But I hate when people say, "Oh, rachinma! You look so great. Have you lost a ton of weight?" or "Oh my God. How much weight have you lost?!" Um, thanks?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #13  

I lost 40 lbs. before my wedding (gained it all back plus some with a pregnancy).

My fiance (now husband) never even noticed! AT ALL! Until he saw a before picture and was like HOLY COW! Sometimes when you lose it slowly the people you see daily don't notice a difference. Give it time, and shock them with the before and after photos. Post them here so we can celebrate too!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 PM   #14  
Coffee Addict Hippy

S/C/G: (Restarted) 235.5/192.5/130

Height: 5'6"

We're exactly the same starting weight and loss at this point, and I can sympathize! I've started noticing places that are shrinking, but no one else seems to see it. We may be different heights, but I think that once we lose a size or even another 10lbs, EVERYONE will see and recognize our efforts.
Keep positive! *huggles*
Featherfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

They will come in time. Trust me.

You are tall so the weight is spread out more than on someone shorter. It will take a few more pounds for your loss to become noticeable. No worries!

Like someone said, pretty soon you'll be a bit tired of the comments. lol!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote