Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: MON 10/05

Mornin' ladies!

to all the newbies! Nice to have you here...looking forward to chatting with all of you!

It's my 32nd birthday on Wed and so DH threw me a bday dinner and bday BBQ on Friday and Saturday. I am SO tired from the weekend but I had an amazing time and I have such amazing friends!

One of my BFF's husband's made me a bday cake...SO bad and SO good at the same time. Thank goodness there were a lot of people there to eat cake. I've had 2 pieces so far...one Saturday and one yesterday. I'll be having one on my actual birthday and then that's it! O.M.G.

I have been eating crap for the past few weeks and now I've officially set a goal for myself.
I want to lose 26lbs by Feb. 7th...that gives me exactly 4 months from my bday to get my arse in gear!

I renewed my gym membership so I have to get back there this week. I also started walking my dog for an hour a day...started that on the weekend...I CAN do this!!

How's everyone doing?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #2  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Birthday, Wifey! I'm glad you had such a nice party. And, good luck with your goal. I'm sure you can do it.
I stayed up too late reading and now I'm dragging this morning. Again. Good thing my boys have the day off from school today (teacher in-service day).
I guess I better find something to eat. Everyone have a good day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah Wifey! Happy Birthday, and good job with the "no guilt and move on" aspect of this lifestyle change! I know with your awesome attitude, you CAN reach your goals.

Candes - I can relate with the reading to late into the night. I love to read!

I didn't do so hot this weekend either - yesterday was BAD. Saturday I took our 4 kids, drove 2hrs to my Moms and cleaned her house, fixed her vacuum and her laptop, went to see my grandparents, and drove home. I brought some casserole for lunch and went and got a rotisserie chicken for supper for us all. Mom doesn't cook anymore and is in failing health.

Yesterday we had church then taught kids Sunday School - I woke up absolutely exhausted, so after all that it was time for lunch so we did drive thru. I had Long Johns - and NOT the Fresh Grille stuff - and then tried to lay down for a nap. We had to be back at church at 6 for classes and after we finally got home I had chips and a beer for supper.

Today is a new day. I only have one extra kid today (the 18mo old goes to his Gma's on Monday). I hope he gets picked up on time and we can go to the library. I have some good lookin' pork chops to make for supper, and I'll likely throw some rice and green beans on the side...or maybe sweet potatoes...yum!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 10-05-2009 at 10:51 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #4  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

I've been AWOL, but I'm back! I was so sick all last week -- blech -- but I am FINALLY feeling better

I posted a big long update separately but I wanted to stick my foot in here to say HI!

Hope everyone has a ZOMBIE-RIFFIC day! (Saw Zombieland. Enjoyed it. But probably like Sean of the Dead better.)

Plus, rule #1 of Zombieland is CARDIO. Just like us (Except we don't have to outrun zombies, of course...)
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  

Hello, I'm new here. Happy birthday, Wifey! I posted a long intro in the intro forum but the short story is that I'm typeII diabetic, used to take insulin and pills, but last year started controlling the disease with diet and exercise, lost 50 lbs, have another 50 to go but I'm backsliding. Boo.

But, I'm excited to be here and just joining feels like a little dose of accountability. Since I was heading out for a mini-vacation over the weekend, and I knew I'd be getting on with being serious about my plan today, I basically pretended I had no dietary restrictions for the last three days, lol, which I have never done before! I can't remember a time that I was not on a diet. I mean, I've splurged here and there, but never just eaten whatever I wanted for days in a row. I ate candy and had a lot of beer and clam chowder and cheeseburgers. It was probably foolish but useful too, since afterword I found myself thinking...really? That was it? This is what I'm missing out on? Ok cool, because I can SO live with that.

This morning I was back to eggs and veggies for breakfast, and working out on my stepper. I have been *really* slacking in the exercise department and found I was exhausted after just 10 minutes of cardio today, when six months ago I could do an hour. Pretty depressing. I hope I never let myself slide like that again.

Ok, I wrote a novel. Must stop typing now. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
scarlet runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

Happy Almost Birthday Wifey!

Sounds like most of you are looking forward to the new week as much as I am! Like a lot of people, weekends are tough for me... I generally do ok with the eating plan part, but the exercise is tougher when my days are less structured than the work week.

Mortonpixie- I think I saw a post that you were going to start the 30 day shred? Have you started yet? I managed to do it 3 days last week and on Thursday I slightly pulled a muscle in my thigh standing up between the chest flies and the side lunges in the 3rd circuit... Ouch. Anyways, I'm looking to get back into it tonight when I get home from work.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #7  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

30 Day Shred (30DS, or simply "the Shred") is awesome! I've gone through all the levels and now I'm alternating them 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 during the week with one day of rest.

Stick with it and you will LOVE it!

There's a whole thread in the Fitness Videos forum.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #8  

Afternoon everybody. Wow., look at all the new faces! Welcome newbies..

Happy Almost Birthday Wifey!

What a crazy monday. I thought I left my cell phone at home so I dropped DD off at school then stopped back at the house to pick it up. DOI-- It was in my pocket book. Get to school and it's like the crazy farm! Finally it calmed down right before lunch.

Had a decent weekend. I did eat too late last night and it was pizza. Boy, it sure was good. I didn't pig out just had two small slices.

Still no exercise. I am exhausted and still not breathing good because of the congestion.

Tomorrow I take DD back to the neuro. Hoping to get good news there.

that's it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by squeak351; 10-05-2009 at 01:05 PM.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Thanks for the early bday wishes ladies! I won't be around much this week...busy with work and my french courses...a whole day of french on my bday

Rebound- back! Glad to hear you're feeling better!

TheCandEs & Mortonpixie - thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!

scarlet runner!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #10  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Happy Monday everyone *insert snark here*!

Right now I'm glucose buzzing, doing the 3 hour glucose tolerance test and I just got down drinking the heinous orange glucose solution...lol!

Wifey, Happy almost birthday. Your like me, you celebrate the birthday week, not just the day...lol!

MP, Your weekend sounded hectic! Did you miss the memo that weekends are for resting?

Rebound, Welcome back. I love zombie movies! Its always kinda a joke in our house because we have a cemetry in our back yard, that we must prepare for the resurrection by stockpiling baseball bats and elephant rifles. GO for the head.

Scarlet Runner: Welcome, I'm pretty new too, but love this forum. Great job trying to control you type II with diet and exercise, it CAN be done and I applaud you for making the choice to forgo drugs and let your body speak for itself.

Lynnyloo, I hear you with the unstructured free time with weekends...it always gets me in food trouble. I prefer the week because I know I have so much going on at work that I can stay on plan without even thinking about it.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #11  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hello Again;
The last time I posted here with any regularity was about a year ago or more. I suppose I'm the non-committal type. The Canadian thread looks to be dead so I guess I'll roll with the 30's if it's okay with you. I've got to change my ticker again. Got married, injured my back, re-ignited my love affair with the ignoble potato chip. Size 12 it says. What a dream! Well a girl's gotta have a goal I guess.
I'm in the middle of a litre of water and I feel that's a start.
I usually play women's soccer and I try to work out a few times a week. I don't reallly have a "plan", but I do like to try different healthy foods between the Friday afterwork nacho ceremony.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #12  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

there's a ceremony? and all this time I've been blasphemin' and just knocking them down with no regard to the nacho dogma...damn me...I'm going to nacho ****. Welcome back, I'm a size 12 right now, trying to get back into my 10's also. I found that hanging them on my wall, right next to the fridge and kegerator helps.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 244/244/180

Height: 5'11"

I will do the shred when I get home. I will do the shred when I get home. I will do the shred when I get home. I will do the shred when I get home....

Nothing like positive reinforcement right?

Mango30- I might be with you with the jeans hanging next to the fridge, maybe Ill try it and see if it helps too!
lynnyloo is offline   Reply With Quote