Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #1  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Bodybugg anyone?

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this question. I have been dreaming of getting a Bodybugg and I want to see if anyone here has tried it and what they think.

My birthday is coming up and my husband ok'd it, but I still feel uneasy about the high price point. It is $200 for the strap that calculates how many calories you are burning at all times and the display that goes on the wrist is another $100. That seems like a whole bunch, but I've heard that it is very motivating.

Any pro's or con's to this major purchase would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Irene
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #2  

Hi, I just purchased my Gowear Fit it's made by the same company and through my research I ended up calling the company directly because I was so confused... Basically CS said they are pretty much the same except for the GWF has two activity levels and also determines your sleep patterns... THe BB was made for people mostly training with 24 hour fitness. I can only say that I am really happy with my purchase I bought the GWF and if you have a Dicks sporting good store near you they are on clearance, I was able to get my arm band for 119 dollars and I will get the display from amazon for an additional 79 when funds are available. GWF online subscription is cheaper and it also came with three months free! Definitely go with GWF you won't be dissapointed, good luck!!! If you get a chance check the reviews on amazon
gofitmama2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #3  

Oh and I got this a san early b-day present from hubby to, we couldn't resist the price!
gofitmama2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

I have a bodybugg but never use it anymore... I learned real quick how many calories I burned, just don't feel the need to wear it. I would personally buy a gowear fit if I could do it again.
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

I love my Bodybugg! I could not live without it.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are a number of people here who use bodybugg/gowearfit. They even have a thread going to support eachother:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ether-2-a.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:43 PM   #7  

Default I bought a bodybugg!!

Hi, I just bought a bodybugg and it should be here in a few days. I've been looking around for more info on it in the meantime, and was happy to find this forum! I can't wait to get started! For now though, just wanted to say hi.
Lori
lbrat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:46 AM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

You don't really need the watch part honestly I don't bother anymore - Its more hassle then it's worth synching them up. Really Its not that much of hassle to plug it in a few times a day if you want to upload.

I LOVE my bodybugg. Helps keep me more active overall and helps keep me on track and more focused then just a food log / estimating exercise did. You can really see charted out how little you burn sitting down and how all those hosehold chores add up (I mean we all KNOW this but to know and see it happen I think helps it sink in)
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

I wear mine all the time except for when I am in the shower. I forget it is on and I personally love all the info I get from it. Bodybugg also has a Facebook page that is great.

I have the wireless communicator and update easily. Another item I would recommend.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #10  

With the bodybugg it really comes down to money... if money is no object, buy it. If you can see the value in to buy it. If you cannot afford it or buying will cut into your funds for neccessities then figure out how many calories you burn per day the old way... count calories and write everything down... you will eventually (typically a couple of weeks) will we know the average number of calories burned per day.

Just because you are wearing the bugg doesn't mean you are on easy street... you will still need to keep track of how many calories you are taking in.

Blaze Driscoll
Blaze Driscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #11  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Well the bugg if you buy the yearly is only like 6.50 or something a month... honestly after the initial investment it's much much cheaper then lots of other "programs". (weight watchers etc)

Yes you can do almost the same thing on your own, but the bugg lets you see the numbers just a little more accurate and up close. I lost a bunch of weight doing just a food diary and balancing my deficit with exercise on paper, and I can tell you that the bugg did make a difference in the predictablity of what was going to happen each week. Its not always spot on, but honestly its usually very close if you record your food properly, and honestly it's eye opening when you see how little you burn doing certain things.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 10-10-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #12  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

I had kinda wanted one of these but I had no idea you had to pay a monthly fee in addition to the high cost of the arm band. Sheesh, for what? To pull the info off of it? I thought the monthly thing was just a tracking program that was optional and you could still get the info off it without it.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #13  
ceebee

S/C/G: 177/121/146 -- 26 below goal!

Height: 5'6"

Default it definitely depends on your personality

I've had my bodybugg for 10 weeks and find it an amazing tool.
watching food and counting calories got me from my all time high of 177 to the mid 150s.
with the bugg, i've gotten to 140.
for me, it reminds me hourly to get up and move and that has been amazingly impt.
Before, I was working out many days for an hour and giving myself some days off.

when you actually see what you are burning, it gives you the incentive to work out a little harder, but key for me has been just getting up and moving at other times.

My sister says to just listen to your body and you will not need a tool like this. If I listened to my body effectively, I never would have hit 177.
Bugg helps you listen to your body - IT SHOUTS AT YOU!! I love it.

ceebee
ceebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #14  

Do you think it would be okay to buy one off of ebay?

Christe
christies6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

Love the bugg! I am a bit addicted to it. It really motivates me to be active, because it is an awful thing to upload the info and find that you only burned, say, 1,700 calories - which is what I burn, give or take, on days when I don't work out. So I pretty much know that if I don't work out, or at least take a long walk, every single day that I don't burn enough for any kind of weight loss. The Bugg gives a visual confirmation to this.

Of course, on good burn days, it gives a reason to be happy and gives a mini-victory. Its a great feeling to see that you burned 2,800 calories and took 20,000 steps. It really makes your daily activity that much more worthwhile, and makes you want to do it again the next day.

So, as a psychological tool, for me, it is invaluable.

The downside - the food database absolutely sucks, so I don't use it. And customer service is awful. Absolutely awful. I was having a problem renewing because the site continually wouldn't renew me because of some kind of glitch. It would say that I was renewed, but nothing happened, the charge never hit my credit card and I wasn't renewed.

So I called customer service - and they DON'T HAVE LIVE PEOPLE MANNING IT. Inexcusable - trust me, they make enough money off of us to at least have somebody to answer the phone when you have a problem. And I left about 20 messages in one day, AND NOBODY CALLED ME BACK.

What I finally had to do was to renew for six months, instead of doing it month to month. For some reason, that did the trick and I got renewed. But I am still angry that their customer service is so bad.

Last edited by jillianfan; 11-09-2009 at 11:29 AM.
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote