South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'

I can't believe I'm the one starting this today! Are you all sleeping in on this dark and dreary Saturday morning?

We're supposed to get more sun than clouds later, so we're going to attempt to go to the a45th National Apple Harvest Festival in Arendtsville today. It's a huge event with all kinds of activities and crafts vendors, and I'm really looking forward to it. We're stopping for breakfast, first, at the Shady Maple Smorgasbord, but I can have a made-to-order veggie omelet, oatmeal and fruit, so it won't be a problem. And, it will hold me over until supper.

I hope your Saturday is a super one!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi! I was up at 6:15 but poking around in other places in here. We are supposed to have sunshine today. I hope I recognize it! Cottage, I hope you are getting some of the same for today's outing.

We have had a full two weeks of rain and clouds and temps have been close to freezing in the mornings. Last night the dogs and I lit the first fire in the woodstove. My, it was cozy! (The back room in my house has no furnace heat and it pretty darn chilly for watching TV if I don't use the stove. My wee electric heater has croaked but I will replace it.)

Nothing on the schedule today except to take my crockpot of sauce to the spaghetti supper. (No, I will be home for dinner as spaghetti, Caesar salad, garlic bread and cheesecake are not OP!) If I can get the guys to help, I may move some sewingroom furniture into the new addition. And then there's the garden.

Hope your weekend is sunny and has lots of fun bits.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage! Sounds like a fun fall day you have planned! That omelet sounds like a winner. I have omelets on the menu for breakfast today...shrimp and spinach.

Had a great time yesterday going out with old family friends. We got to the restaurant at 11:30 and didn't leave till 2! The Dad was absolutely incredible...he is 91 and I swear he looks exactly the same as he did when he was 60...not a wrinkle on his face, walked well etc. He has lost most of his sight, but did really well navigating. Same great sense of humor and I really enjoyed listenng to some stories about my Dad I hadn't heard before. He was also good friends with my husband's aunt and uncle although he and my husband had never met. A great fun day. Afterwards we went to a nursery where I picked up some fall veggie plants and some seeds. I also got some wheatgrass seeds. Now I need to order a wheatgrass grinder to make my own shots!

Today will be housecleaning, working in the yard and doing powerpoints while my husband becomes obsessed with LSU football. Should be a nice day.

Morning Ruth...we were posting at the same time...hope you have a wonderful day and that the sauce turns out just right!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-03-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We were/are sleeping in today. It's gray and promises rain all day so no rush to get out. Tomorrow does look better though, so if chores get done tomorrow can be a play day

Cottage - Ohh, sounds like fun. Have a great day

Ruth - I miss wood stoves. Hmm, maybe I can get my Dad to build a fire next weekend, especially if I have to sleep in the cold room. Don't forget to get a few bottles of wine

Cat - Enjoy the yard time.

We are off to Trader Joe today then back home for chores, chores, chores. I'm going to be brave and face the morning crowds so I have the rest of the day at home. Tomatillos and broccoli in the dryer today. I am so ready to switch to apples but am trying to follow the season. I know I can store apples in my back room for a couple of months and dry those long after the pepper, broccoli and eggplant are gone. I'm looking forward to the yummy apple drying smell though.

Time for my breakfast even though I'm the only one up so far
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I wish I were sleeping in. Thanks for starting us up, Cottage. It sounds like a perfect day for an outing. I love going out for breakfast when they'll make an omelet just the way I want it...and the festival sounds fantastic! Enjoy your day.

Hi Ruth. I, too, was poking around here, but it seemed way to early to start us up. Then I got distracted...I was looking for a pattern for knitted slippers-I need some as my feet are cold this morning. I hope you get your sunshine and that you have a lovely day with your light schedule.

Hi Cat. Always glad to see you on a Saturday. What a fun meet up yesterday. Thanks for the update. Enjoy your day at home-I guess you're a football widow now.

ETA-Hi, Cyndi. We were posting at the same time. Hope your weather improves for your outing tomorrow and that all your chores get done.

I'm walking with Rudi early, then may sift my compost and pitch it in the pumpkin garden. If I don't get it out before freeze up I'll run out of space. It's conveniently located where I can just pitch out the back door-handy in winter. We harvested our 9 remaining pumpkins last night and the neighbor kids will be over to check things out. I'm going to try to go easy today and may even give a try at the slipper pattern I found. Dehydrator empty and nothing on deck!

Forgot to mention I made 2 contacts yesterday regarding a Cocker Spaniel rescue. We'll see.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-03-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 10-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Thanks for the reminder, Lexxiss. I got a deal on peppers yesterday and must do some in the dehydrator. Apples too although I have lots of time for them.

I am wondering if frozen green beans would dry. They are already blanched before freezing, I want to make those crunchy snack beans. Any ideas?

Whoops! It's 8:26 and I'd better crank up my day! No sun yet. Maybe they were wrong....again.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Ruth, I bought some organic green beans and put them in to dry. I just tasted them, they're great. I'm adding them to my soup mix but with a little seasoning they'd be great as a snack. Nice and crunchy!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm, maybe I should ask for a dehydrator for Christmas.
DD is volunteering at the Lion's Club Breakfast right now, then horseback riding for both, and an afternoon birthday party for the boy. I hope to clean house in-between the taxi service and maybe pull out the Halloween decor. DH will be home by dinnertime. He's been away since Sunday, so it will be nice to have him back. Tomorrow my friend is bringing over a bushel of crabs, so hoping for nice weather and a backyard orgy (of food, that is).
TTFN, have a good one chicks!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Schmoodle, if you do ask, be sure to ask for the kind with a fan, not just heat. Mine is an American Harvester and has a fan AND a thermostat for the heat. I love it!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #10  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Gooooood mornin everyone!

Cottage: sounds like a super fun day! ooo the shopping possibilities hehe

Ruth: I love woodstove heat! its so snuggleriffic!

Femme: I've never thought of a shrimp and spinach omelet.. that sounds really good. hmm...

Cyndi: those may be chores but it sounds like fun chores to me! Unless you have to scrub the toilet and do dishes. those = not so fun. lol

Lexxiss: OOoh.. warm and fuzzy knitted slippers... yup.. winter is coming...

Schmoodle: I was thinking the same thing... : dehydrator for xmas lol

As for me... I'm getting a slow move on today. Karaoke fun hat night was a blast...and everyone loved my purple top hat! I managed to NOT drink any alcohol and because I was the DD.. I didn't have to pay for diet soda. I know I really shouldn't have that.. but I skipped my sweet treat last night so I could have some diet 7 up. ANYWAY... a pic, as promised.

The redhead is my friend Jen. I LOVE her PBR knitted hat ROFL

have a wonderful, productive (even if that means lounging and mental health) and on plan day!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am finally sitting down for a minute and taking the opportunity to enjoy a glass of wine. Weekends end up being outrageously busy even though I never get any formal exercise accomplished. We had a good Trader Joe's run today. I'm getting the hang of it now. Since we got home it's been canning, vac sealing, cupboard cleaning and organizing and dinner prep non-stop. I swear the vac sealing takes much longer than the cutting and prepping does! On the plus side my cupboards are far better stocked than I realized so I'm feeling pretty successful right now. I also canned 4 pints of pumpkin apple butter. It will be nice to have these little treats in the middle of February

It looks like it will be rainier tomorrow than the original forecast predicted. If we stay home I'm making another batch of the butter with a higher pumpkin percentage this time I might also pick apples again. It's getting cold enough now to use my back hall for storage.

Now that I've put you all to sleep

Gothik - Great pic! I love the hats. Congratulations on a successful night out.

Schmoodle- What Ruth said I have a Nesco and love it though I'm kind of looking at the Excaliburs now. I know some people have two and I can see how I would use them. I'm not sure I'd have any life though.
Hope there were some good tips for all that driving The crabs sound fabulous!

Debbie - I wasn't too impressed when I did beans a couple of years ago. Maybe I should try again.

Okay, I'm going to enjoy my wine for a few more minutes than finish prepping dinner. I'm going to force myself onto the bike tonight for at least 15 minutes. That should be fun.

See you all in the A.M.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

It's been a wild and crazy day. I had to work a charity fair this morning. Had to get up too early to be perky! Now that's early! After I had my coffee, things looked up. It was a good day -- AND I got paid time and a half for being there.

Ruth, I wish I could blow a little warmth up there. It was about 80 today. I do love this time of year.

Gothik -- Love your hat! Looks like you had too much fun!

Everyone else, Enjoy your wine and pumpkins!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #13  

Happy Weekend everyone!

Life on the Beach is still good. I'm doing well but have been extremely busy with work, the kids, etc. Even with all that's going on, I'm still able to plan, cook at home and follow this lifestyle. I LOVE South Beach!

Glad to see so many of you still around. Looks like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work everyone and stay well. The flu is going around and is trying to get us all.

Enjoy the rest of ur weekend...
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I didn't get to bed till 6:30 this am DH was working last night and got stuck doing it at the FD--he had drill and had to log in at 12. . .what should have taken 2 hours took 7 (he came home around 5:30)
I was too stiff to make it up the stairs so I tried to snooze down here but gf and I watched Miss Marple and I had nightmares Bizarre
I peapodded the groceries since today was kinda lost and was waffling between 'Should I do Ph 1 or Ph 2" and it came down to Do I want apples? Answer YES so instead of having Fruit envy I got 4 apples and am trying some LC wraps
I'm also Diggin my Quinoa Hot Cereal its keeping me full and no swinging sugars.
Cottage so glad you had a great day hon!!!
Ruth Love woodstoves!! I wish we had a fireplace and some Peat!!
Cat doesn't that inspire you when you meet up with someone incredible like that! I'm so glad you had a great time
Debbie I'll be picking up my knitting and unwinding with some tea any Cocker prospects?
Schmoo I want one too! How are he decorations I can't wait to get ours out!!!
Cyn how was TJS? I need to head out there!
Gothik Great Hat (You're so cute!!) and great work on the diet 7 up
Chelb Early and Perky? Coffee or not you're amazing
Hi Sunshine!!

I made a great choice for dinner! we went to a local Italian place to meet my gfs Bf and in the sea of pasta and cream I got a cold antipasto Sooo good
Shrimp Sopresatta Parmesan veggies and mesclun
I was proud of me!
ok Tea Time!
Kierie
Old 10-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
Hi Sunshine!!

I made a great choice for dinner! we went to a local Italian place to meet my gfs Bf and in the sea of pasta and cream I got a cold antipasto Sooo good
Shrimp Sopresatta Parmesan veggies and mesclun
I was proud of me!
Hi!

Great going on your dinner choices. I know sometimes eating Italian can be hard. So many delicious dishes to choose from and very tempting to go off plan. Awesome willpower!
Closed Thread