Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Default I just want a cookie!

Actually, I want a dozen cookies or a package. Cake, cupcakes, muffins, bread, or pie would work as well. I don't know why I want something with grains and sugar so badly, but it's all I've thought about all week (plus some of last week). Usually the cravings last for an hour or so, then move on, but this just won't go away. I know it's not PMS, I don't eat any kind of sugar, not even fruit, so I don't have anything that would be triggering the cravings, but the longer the cravings last, the weaker my resolve is getting to stay away. I'm having a fairly large dinner, with some brown rice, so I'm hoping that takes care of the cravings.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go far a walk , call someone on the telephone , do what you are doing logging on to 3FC, do something to distract you until that craving goes away.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #3  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I hope your brown rice helps. Special K multigrain crackers help me when I want sweet grains. They have a sweet after taste. I just get my little serving of 17 and eat them very slowly.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #4  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

dont do it !!!

go for a walk ! do anything but that ! you know how guilty youll feel for eating them ! dont do it too yourself ! its not worth it step away from the cookies !!!!

do you have any kettlecooked popcorn? thats slightly sweet maybe that can help .....
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

If I want something sweet I cut up a peach, add a half a cup of raw oatmeal, a little water and stevia and nuke it for a few minutes. Then put some full-fat yogurt with stevia and cinnamon on top. You can use any fruit. Stevia is intensely sweet so it seems to do the trick.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

This may sound odd to you but many times if I eat some protein that will take of my 'sugar' cravings. By now, with rare exception, I find that craving sweets is a signal that I need some protein.

Can't hurt to try it.... Whatever form your plan will allow--an ounce of cheese, a piece of jerky, a protein shake, etc.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Were you overly tired yesterday? Lack of sleep triggers my cravings for sugary starches.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

I survived and do not have near the cravings today that I did yesterday or all week for that matter. I went to the store last night and decided I would get some all fruit sorbet. I had enough calories for a serving and it was at least only fruit. Not on my plan, but it was a better option than what I really wanted. By the time I left the store, I had talked myself out of even the sorbet, instead bought two bottles of grapefruit seltzer water, went home and had half a serving of the left over meat and veggies from my stir-fry I had for dinner. All through the store I just kept thinking about how I just couldn't ask for support and get it on here, then still eat something so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Wow! That's just awesome!!!! You did good!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

What a victory!! You've come so far!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good job! It's crazy though, it's never just "I want a cookie" it's "I want a BOX of cookies". Frustrating.

I find a fiber one bar helps curb that. Plus, I'm too scared to eat more than one in a sitting because of all the fiber!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote