Old 09-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Default Daily Chat Tuesday 9/29

Good morning all, been out of the loop lately, Still on schedule and have done very well with the lifestyle change. Just haven't been feeling well, bad bout of depression, and DBF is headed to Rome this morning for 2 and a half weeks, hope everyone is doing well.

Last edited by TracyB73; 09-29-2009 at 09:52 AM.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Hey, Tracy. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well lately. We're here if you need to talk about anything.

I've been out of the loop here, too, but still plugging along. We had 4 people laid off from my job yesterday. In a company that only employs 20 people, it was a huge blow. Not to mention my younger sister was one of the casualties I cannot tell you how sad I am not to see her in here anymore. I miss her already and it's on the the first day.. I'm trying my hardest not to binge since I was down to 219.6 yesterday. But it's definitely a struggle right now. I've been hitting the gym pretty consistently lately, but have to go food shopping after work (we are practically out of toilet paper along w/everything else in my house!) so that means the gym will have to wait. I'm going to try and go for a run later with the hubby if the rain holds off.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all! Not a very pleasant day here...rainy and cool...

Tracy - Rome...wow...so jealous! Keep yourself busy for the 2 weeks he's gone! My husband is going to Cuba for 2 weeks in October...I'll miss him but I plan to keep myself quite occupied so that I won't miss him as much and I won't want to empty the fridge while he's gone.

Not much going on here...busy with my french class and work stuff. I have a lot of stuff to work on this week...especially when it comes to my food choices!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Hello everyone!
Back from France, got about 4 pounds
The food was too good to resist...I know...

lolll
willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #5  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies! Today is very nippy outside. Ya, I live in Alaska so I shouldn't complain. I'm trying to get into the mindset that I want winter weather...lol...its not working! Yesterday I think I did pretty good on my water goal, I only missed it by a few oz. I never realized how hard it can be to drink so much water, and I was up twice last night to pee.
Today I have a busy busy day, its fiscal year end and I've got to get the numbers in.
Last night in my nutrition course we talked about goal setting and I wanted to share some of what I leared. The topic was SMART goals meaning:
Specific
Measureable
Attainable
Relevent
Time Frame

We do 10 weekly SMART goals in our class, because we are using ourselves as guinea pigs. I set the weekly goal of eating less sodium and drinking more water this week, so it is specific. I can measure it because I literally can measure how much water I drink and how much sodium I consume. I feel it is an attainable goal, its not like I decided to set the goal to lose 40 lbs in a week or anything like that. Its relevent to me because I was just dx'ed with high blood pressure for the first time in my life. and I have the time frame of one week to impliment this change. Next week, I'll still work on this goal, but I'll add a new goal and work on that too. Eventually the change won't feel like a change anymore and I'll be working on the goal without even thinking about it.

Everybody have a great day
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #6  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Tracy: Yeah, I know the feeling. DH was out of the country for 3 weeks out of the last 5, just flying back and forth. It's hard to deal with at first, but then the time becomes (at least for me) a chance to reflect on my relationship with him (still in love with him even after nearly 10 years together) and what kinds of naughty things I can do to him when he gets back!

Abby: LOVE the name! My advice about the food shopping is to plan what you will eat for the whole week on a Sunday. Then give the chore to look for what's in the freezer, pantry, bathroom (TP/toothpaste/deodorant, etc) to the kids or DH. My food bill has dropped dramatically, I'm using up what's in the freezer and pantry and making far less trips to the market (used to be 4-5 times a week, now it's 2 if I'm really lucky). Sorry that your sister lost her job. It's a hard thing to deal with if you've worked with her for a long time.

Wifey: French class sounds great. I'm taking a Latin class and it's super hard!

Willa: French food is divine! Boeuf Bourguignon is my favourite French dish ever.

Mango: Good on you! SMART goals are easy enough for anyone to use in a variety of situations. I've been using it with my weight-loss for a while, though I did fall off the bandwagon for a time. Anyway, I got back on. I'm debating whether 5 kilos (11 pounds) by the end of the year is attainable; I'm a notorious slow loser, but I've lost 4kg before in 2 months. It can't be all that hard!! I'll just have to stick with the diet and remember that hunger does not mean that I'll starve to death!

Life is good with the school holidays. Using the time wisely in three things: writing my novel, researching my papers and cleaning the house (in that order). The weather's crap- lots of rain and cloud. It would be nice to get out and walk the dog for an hour or so, but the combination of the rain and the cold is really stopping me.

I got another carrot dance today. I got down to 86.0 this morning on my trend (85.4 on the scale). Perhaps now, life is going to start turning around for me. Maybe, this is the time that I will finally lose the last 15-20kg that I want to lose. Maybe by this time next year, I will have gotten down to 16% body fat instead of the 30% I am now.

And now, I'm going to change my butterfly at the bottom...
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #7  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Mollz, do you do a floating average? Lol if you do, love it!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #8  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango30 View Post
Mollz, do you do a floating average? Lol if you do, love it!
Of my weight? Absolutely.
http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html

I use it to track the trend on my weight every day. It tells me what my BMI is, and on average how many calories I'm burning and how much weight I'll lose. It's a good tool, but sometimes very scary after a big night out.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Thanks ladies for sending me well wishes am trying to keep busy

Mollz- I think this will help him and I reflect on our relationship, I am ready for him to pop the question but not sure if he is ready so this trip may help or not.
Abby- it must be hard it is always hard when people loose their jobs , I am thankful everyday I am still working even though it's very little.
Willa- welcome back .
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote