Old 10-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #1  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Default October Challenge!!

i see that noahsmama has an october challenge ticker but didn't see a thread for it yet, so i thought i'd start one. challenges are such good motivators! and with all the crazy junk going on in my life right now, i could use something to focus on and to keep me on track.

so, what would you all like to accomplish in the month of october? i'd like to be at or below 175, which is ambitious, i know, but doable? if not, well, at least i tried my hardest.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

leahruthie
Thanks for starting this....I just asked if you are doing one in the Sept thread.
I think that your 10 # goal is VERY doable! You will get it!!!!

For me.....I want to lose 10# too. I want to get to 165 by the end and fit into the adorable Bee costume that I have been eyeing!!!! Love goals.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

September was tough for me and I really didn't loose any weight. So my goals are similar to Sept.

1. Drink 100 oz Water everyday.
2. get to 140 lbs by Nov 1.
3. Work out my alloted 200 minutes of cardio every week.
4. Stay OP the Whole Month!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

I regret to say I was not on plan for the month of September. I lost my momentum and my motivation, and had health problems, financial problems, and emotional upheavals, so I at least didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I tried everything I could think of to have MRC be the one constant in my life, but was unsuccessful with that. So for October, my goal is to be on plan 100%, get my momentum back, and start losing once more. My contract is up in November, and I am no where near my goal, and certainly can't get there in 6 short weeks....but I can be 12-18 pounds closer. I am not entirely OK with that, but, nothing I can do at this point but accept that September is gone, time to stop struggling, and begin again, with calmness and resolve. It is only money, and time, and the only person disappointed in me is myself. Wish me hope and strength.
SkinnyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #5  
Leah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
I regret to say I was not on plan for the month of September. I lost my momentum and my motivation, and had health problems, financial problems, and emotional upheavals, so I at least didn't gain, but I didn't lose. I tried everything I could think of to have MRC be the one constant in my life, but was unsuccessful with that. So for October, my goal is to be on plan 100%, get my momentum back, and start losing once more. My contract is up in November, and I am no where near my goal, and certainly can't get there in 6 short weeks....but I can be 12-18 pounds closer. I am not entirely OK with that, but, nothing I can do at this point but accept that September is gone, time to stop struggling, and begin again, with calmness and resolve. It is only money, and time, and the only person disappointed in me is myself. Wish me hope and strength.
i am in the same boat, friend--i was chugging along for the first seven weeks, and then BAM, some really bad health problems hit a relative, and this week has been off-plan and crazy and damaging. i'm up a few pounds (though i haven't officially weighed in so i'm not going to change my ticker) but i am confident that i can head back in the right direction. in a time of chaos, the plan is something that we can rely on... although admittedly, it's been very difficult (nigh impossible!!) to stay on plan when every meal is eaten at a fast food joint in between meetings with doctors and medicaid workers and yadda yadda. *sigh* but we can do this! and so what if we need to extend our plans (mind is up at the end of november)? we'll get there eventually.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Leahruthie, YAY for us! We survived September! Your month sounds like mine. I am going to call it a NSV (non scale victory). We survived, a little "bloody, but unbeaten!"
SkinnyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #7  
Leah

exactly. and we'll come out even better on the other side of october, i know it!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Plateau time again for me I was down a whole ZERO today at WI. The only plus is that it was time for my monthly BMI and measurements and was down 9 lbs in Fat mass, and 13.25 inches from last month for a total of 44.75 inches lost, so I'll take it. They didn't even give me a hard time for no loss because of the good measurments (I guess). Told me to keep hanging in there, I'm about 98% OP all the time, so I guess it's only because TOM is coming up next week.

I missed my September goal by 3.5 pounds, but hey I guess thats still good because I'm 6.5 pounds lighter than if I didn't even try.... so I guess I'm happy about that. So I've decided that my Oct goal will be the same too...

10 lbs or more (yikes with a trip to Vegas from the 26-29 well see how THAT goes)

Good luck everyone!!
Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #9  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
Don't be disappointed in yourself. Life can be hard sometimes and with everything you had to deal with you made it through and here you are. You are back and that's what matters. Take it one day at a time. Little accomplishments make it easier to stick with and get to the big one.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #10  

I did so well op until right before I left for Australia. I totally went off plan there and since I have been back it has been much easier to 'cheat'. I almost just get sick of it and throw my hands in the air for a meal or a taste of something and then immediately regret it. I left for Australia on Aug 20 and I am the same weight today. I have gotten down 1.5 lbs and up almost 5 but center out at the same weight I was before I left.

Has anyone done this and gotten back op 100% and stayed there? What did you do when you felt like throwing your hands in the air? HELP!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
I did so well op until right before I left for Australia. I totally went off plan there and since I have been back it has been much easier to 'cheat'. I almost just get sick of it and throw my hands in the air for a meal or a taste of something and then immediately regret it. I left for Australia on Aug 20 and I am the same weight today. I have gotten down 1.5 lbs and up almost 5 but center out at the same weight I was before I left.

Has anyone done this and gotten back op 100% and stayed there? What did you do when you felt like throwing your hands in the air? HELP!!!
Daizy Hotrocks - I went completely off plan for 6 weeks while traveling abroad this past summer and gained between 5-7 lbs...depending on my scale or the centers. I got right back on plan 100% since retuning on August 11th and have not had difficulties, and down another 15lbs. The 6 week break was nice because I got it all out of my system, the deprivation from being on plan since Feb. I have not had any issues with wanting to eat off plan and am staying focused on mini goals - like running my first 5K and my trip to Vegas with old college friends...I do plan on having a good time in Vegas and will work on it once I get back without reservations. I do remember back in the spring when I had my first "cheat" it was so much easier to continue this once you begin, it is VERY difficult for me...so I avoid all temptations even my kids are complaining because I do not take them out to eat anymore, probably twice the last 7 weeks...I just can't handle the salt and bread...out of sight out of mind, at least until VEGAS! I told myself when I get down another few pounds I will indulge in a treat, but I haven't done it yet because I know it will set me on a difficult path of cravings and I AM going to get through this program successfully. I do wish you luck as this is probably one of the most trying of all...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

My October goals are to be down 10lbs run my second 5K and have fun in Vegas!

Last edited by GWE140; 10-01-2009 at 04:09 PM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I would like to be down to 150 or less by the end of October.. This is pretty doable I think. I have been averaging between 4-6 pounds per week so I should be able to ace this one.. Good luck to all of us this month. We CAN meet our goals. My impetus is fitting into smaller and smaller clothing.. It is a great feeling to put on pants that didn't fit me a month ago or more.. Keep going, we will all do great!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Daizy Hotrocks - I went completely off plan for 6 weeks while traveling abroad this past summer and gained between 5-7 lbs...depending on my scale or the centers. I got right back on plan 100% since retuning on August 11th and have not had difficulties, and down another 15lbs. The 6 week break was nice because I got it all out of my system, the deprivation from being on plan since Feb. I have not had any issues with wanting to eat off plan and am staying focused on mini goals - like running my first 5K and my trip to Vegas with old college friends...I do plan on having a good time in Vegas and will work on it once I get back without reservations. I do remember back in the spring when I had my first "cheat" it was so much easier to continue this once you begin, it is VERY difficult for me...so I avoid all temptations even my kids are complaining because I do not take them out to eat anymore, probably twice the last 7 weeks...I just can't handle the salt and bread...out of sight out of mind, at least until VEGAS! I told myself when I get down another few pounds I will indulge in a treat, but I haven't done it yet because I know it will set me on a difficult path of cravings and I AM going to get through this program successfully. I do wish you luck as this is probably one of the most trying of all...
Thank you! It is hard to stop once you start. I had gone out of town this past weekend and did great until the drive home when I ate fast food. Last night I gave into the munching cravings and ate probably 2 cups of walnuts, close to half a bag of melba and an extra serving of green beans. I have to admit its amusing that I gorged on healthy food because thats all we had in the house. I just felt like sitting in front of the tv and eating like I used to do. I know the cravings will go away after 3 good days op so that is what I am trying to focus on now. Thank you for the advice. Good luck and I hope you have a blast in Vegas!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 313/Going down/175

Height: 5'2"

I want in on the October challenge.

I've lost a total of 26 lbs. and I'd like to get to 40 down by November 1st. So, that's 14 lbs in 30 days for me.
nepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote