Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #781  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierracomplex View Post
Okay folks so here's my issue ....I get sooooooo hungry at night and want to snack but I can't. Any suggestions ? It's only day three and this has gotta' work people
I found that if I delay eating lunch to about 1pm and dinner at 6pm, I am usually not hungry at night.
Hope this suggestion helps
Old 08-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #782  

Default don't forget about the dietitian.

she can be extremely helpful in modifying the plan to your particular issues... i.e she may suggest that for the first month you need an extra snack until you get over the hungries... or add a salad at the meal and use the snacks in the evening.. things like that...

Contact her , she is really very helpful
Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #783  

Definitely contact the dietian. When I started Bistro I was so hungry and soo tired. She added a few more calories and it made a huge difference. Also I drink 8 oz of milk in the evening; that really helps keep me satisfied and able to resist all the temptations (TV ads). Good luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #784  

I just went back and read some of the previous posts. Full of Grace--wow! Almost a year of the same meals! I feel like a whiner because I'm already a little bored and I've only been on Bistro for 9 weeks. I have lost 20 lbs and have only had a couple of minor issues. One was that I live in No. Calif. where the summer temps are usually close to 100*, so had to request more dry ice--problem solved.
And, Terra, I hated the rock shrimp pasta dish--requested that they never send it again. They do use a lot of black beans and "Latin" flavors. I prefer Asian and Italian, but that's pretty minor. I also didnot like the sirloin dishes, something about the texture, but my husband thought they were just fine.
Some of the dishes with sliced turkey ( the breadless sandwiches) are dry( the turkey is dry), but ok other than that. And I wish there was more variety in the fish dishes; seems to be only blackened or jerk tilapia. Good but a little boring after a while.
Terra, I think you'll find there aren't as many carbs in the meals as you might think reading the descriptions. The rice is usually used as a stuffing for chicken or mixed with black beans. In 9 weeks I had potatoes twice. I have only had a few stirfry meals; those did have rice, but only a small amount. No bread, the "sandwiches" are always breadless. I do like the yucca, something I had never had before.
Like Full of Grace, I now have a much better idea of proper portion sizes, what foods are satisfying, etc. I am very thankful that I heard about meal delivery plans and Bistro MD on 3FC.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #785  

Hey folks Tierra here,

Thanks for all your great suggestiosn. OK, well I am finishing up week two and it's coming along, coming along. I am down 6 pounds (including chick week water weight) and hoping to keep going. My goal is to lose 62 more. (Long sigh) However, I'm excited to have gotten started. It seems like I'm getting a lot of the meals over and over again which is a little concerning because I don't want to get bored of the food this fast. How is everyone else doing? What about exercise ? Last week, I went to the gym 4 times and did a LOT on the elliptical. I haven't been able to do as much this week and only got there twice. How long have you all been on the diet so far... have you noted any stalls in the weight loss ?

Thanks,

Tierra
Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 AM   #786  

I have to add what others said.. contact the nutrition - she will most likely take your age, weight, activtity, etc together and give you an idea of what you should be adding to your plan.

Like for me, she told me there is no way I should eat just the plan, that I would need to supplement more calories.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #787  

So I've been on the diet a bit now... and is it just me or do the microwaveable trays always seem to taste much worse texture and flavor wise?

Also how do the pouches microwave( I'm at work mon-friday and no stove and pots for water)
Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #788  

Height: 5'11"

Default Bistro Buddies

Hurray! My Bistro MD meals arrived today. I ordered 10 days ago and was starting to get a little anxious about it. But all was well. Everything was frozen solid and the perfectly sealed. Just had the first meal. Yum! I think I'm really going to like this. I have been on a "Healthy Choice" diet (from the grocer's freezer section) for the past 2 weeks - lost 5 pounds on it. But the Bistro MD meal was far superior.

Looking forward to meeting others who use Bistro MD and hearing of their experiences.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #789  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoops! This thread is waaaay over 500 and will be closed. Please start a new thread and include the link back to here if you wish.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/newr...te=1&p=2859918
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #790  

Is 500 the limit for a thread no matte what it is, or just in this case?
Closed Thread