Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #16  

WOW blw that is awesome! I wish I could achieve 10 pounds a month, but I'd settle for 8 :-)
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:32 PM   #17  
blw

Yes, the pounds were just dropping off. I was very happy. I had big losses early. Excercise made a big difference! I was always going to get smaller clothes. Gave all my bigger sizes away. This is why I went back with meals...my current clothes aren't fitting as well.
blw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #18  

I'm still helplessly torn between DTG low carb and PFFS, which is low glycemic. I read on someone's blog linked here (thin by mail?) that DTG may not be accurate with their calorie counts (that should be illegal), and as a result, some people didn't lose anything or lost very little.

But Deanna seems not to be having that experience.

I really need a jumpstart, and I want to do all 3 meals! Arghhhh.
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
I'm still helplessly torn between DTG low carb and PFFS, which is low glycemic. I read on someone's blog linked here (thin by mail?) that DTG may not be accurate with their calorie counts (that should be illegal), and as a result, some people didn't lose anything or lost very little.

But Deanna seems not to be having that experience.

I really need a jumpstart, and I want to do all 3 meals! Arghhhh.
Buttah the good thing about both DTG and PFFS is that there are no contracts. You can try one for a week or two and then switch to another. You probably need to do atleast 2 weeks b/c almost everyone loses weight the first week they "shake up" their diet.

I have to say I have been beyond impressed with the food at DTG. I also like the flexibility of ordering lunch/dinner and I enjoy the massive variety of food. I am not sure if I have researched any other program that has such a wide a variety of choices from individual food to the different meal plans.

HOWEVER, although DTG seems to be working for me. I have to say I do find some of their nutrition information a little suspect. I even called customer service this week and complained b/c for instance in one week there was Beef Short Ribs and the calorie count was 500 something and then in another week it had it again but it went down to 200 something Some of them had a minor difference because of the side they substitute or the portion (i.e. depending if they were serving it for lunch or dinner), but other's I am just not sure. So I am going to finish out a cycle like I said I was going to (I am on 3 weeks of DTG and there are 5 weeks total), but after that I may try another program. My weight loss strategy is all about counting calories and I don't like the idea of busting my a$$ in the gym, and skimping on my fav treats only for my calorie count to be way off anyway b/c DTG is not accurately accounting their food. But again I can't prove that all their counts are off, and it very well may not be. On the Low Carb plan 90% of your calories come from whatever protein you eat and they are typically 4 oz, the veggies really are negligible for the most part. I'd be surprised if any of the veggies exceeded more than 100 calories in any one meal BUT like I said they have some meals where the calorie count is 218 calories That would mean the protein was only 100 calories? Riiiiiiiiight.

Anyway I'm just keeping it real! Let me know what you decide, I am about to go for my run.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:23 PM   #20  

So I just called DTG and suspended my shipment after next week. I will have completed 4 weeks on DTG at that point. Initially I was going to do a full 5 weeks but I noticed that most of the meals repeat here and there throughout the weeks so I have pretty much tried all the available foods. I will still answer any questions that any one has but will say that I have generally been satisfied with DTG. B/c of my work schedule and other obligations it was SOOOO nice to simply take out my lunch/dinner and know it is there waiting for me when I got back from my errands or work outs. Especially for my evening workouts. There were a few items I did not care for, but only one that I absolutely would have not ate again, but not b/c it was nasty it was just too bland.

My gripe with DTG is I find the nutritional information suspicious. Some of them seem generally spot on. But for instance this week we have "Baked Cajun Salmon in a Cream Sauce", the portion of salmon I received was EASILY 6 oz or so cooked, and in 4 oz of cooked salmon alone with no other oils/fats there is 157 calories. However according to DTG this entire meal was 218 calories (per their website) Yea....I don't think so. So this is a source of frustration for me b/c I am a calorie counter, and if their information is misleading then I can't accurately monitor my calorie intake. So anyway more to come with PFFS
Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #21  

Deanna, I'm going to finish another week with JC and then try PFFS as well. I too would be concerned with DTG's inaccuracies in calorie counting, as I'm kind of doing the same thing you are (I often replace Jenny snacks/deserts with my own of equal calories, since theirs are more about satisfying the dieter's sweet/salt tooth for the day than getting nutrition.)

Have lost 5 lbs on JC in about a week and a half, so I guess I can't complain.

But I'll see you on PFFS!
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #22  

Buttah, I'm glad we'll be on the PFFS journey together! :-)
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #23  

BTW CONGRATS on your weight loss, that is simply...AWESOME!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #24  

Congratulations!!!It's amazing to see so many success stories, when it seems most people get discouraged. It's real encouraging!

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Sentence was chopped up by accident, fixed it.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote