Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Really struggling!!!

I have been struggling a lot lately. I want to eat everything in sight, I don't want to exercise and I have had to force myself to drink my water.

I spent some time yesterday soul searching as to why this is happening... I have some general ideas.
1~ I think it's about to be TOM, with nursing the little guy it's all a mess so who knows what's going on in that department.
2~ Hubby, who is losing with me is FLYING! The weight is just pouring off of him! He started the same time I did.. July 20th, he has lost 38 pounds in 10 weeks! He is visibly a lot smaller. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of him, but I'm also sad/hurt/disappointed that he is doing so much better than I am. Of course I have to eat more calories because the baby needs them too... but at least it would be nice to look like I have lost the 26 pounds I have lost. I still haven't gone down much in clothing even. I have gone from a comfy 26 to a very tight 24

Anyway... I'm back on track. I have drank almost all of my required water for the day already, I'm doing great on choosing the right foods (I have been able to stay in my calorie range, but they weren't the smartest choices), and I did my 2mi WATP video.

I can do this and someday I will be smaller than my hubby (I have always been bigger than he is )
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You know I had been struggling as well. I am back on track now but it has taken a lot of willful good choices.

1 - Our hormones can certainly make us retain water. So if you have been perfectly on plan, it could be that your hormones are retaining water.

2 - Don't compare yourself to anyone, especially a man. Men have more muscle and tend to be able to lose weight easier than us.

One thing you could do is look at doing a variety of exercise. I highly recommend looking into weights.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Have you been getting enough sleep? That can have an impact on both your appearance and the number on the scale. It can also make you more hungry!

You are right to blame your hormones!

It is quite a challenge to do what you are doing--it can be much much harder for a nursing Mom. (I know people say it is easy, burning all those calories making breast milk--but there aren't many studies done--and your hormones are going to wreck havoc (as yu've noticed!).

Hang in there kiddo. You'll be fine!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #4  

We just bought a home gym. It's not at our house right now.. it's at the house we are buying... we go there to use it 2-3 times a week... and sadly for over a week now, that is the only exercise I have been doing.

The biggest kicker for me is that I "know" all this stuff, but it's hard to really believe in it sometimes.

Thanks Nelie
Old 10-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #5  

Ummm sleep.... what's that. I probably get about 6-8 hours total, but it's broken usually... the baby is up, hubby needs shipped off to work in the early hours, etc. So I am up and down all night... I do have a horrible time falling asleep, so every time I'm up for something I'm up for an hour or so usually.

Thanks Alana.... slow and steady wins the race right?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #6  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I have no advice to add which hasn't already been given above, so from me: lots and lots of

Don't sell yourself short. Ultimately this is about your health before looks, so please please don't compare yourself to your husband. As a nursing mum you're doing such a fantastic job!!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Just so you know... you only need to take in an additional 500 calories per day for making enough milk... I have credentials that prove that I should know this but the last time I posted them my post was removed
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #8  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

You sound alot like myself minus the hubby and new baby lol but I totally feel the same way I dont know what is wrong with me. Ive been off plan, my schedule has changed drastically because of school but ugh I just need some will power
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

You have a lot going on right now in your body due to the baby. That is going to make things possibly not go as you expect. It isn't even only the hormones, as if they aren't bad enough right? Having a baby losens things like your abdominal wall. That is going to make it harder for you to go down in size even if the pounds are coming off. Once your ab muscles are tightened up you'll probably be able to see more results in that area.

The lack of proper sleep due to having a baby in the house is also going to make things harder for you.

You're also in the middle of buying a house and prepping for a move. To be doing so well under that kind of stress is amazing.

You should never compare yourself to others, and as Nelie says, especially a man. They have it so much easier than us normally and yours certainly has it easier than you. They have more muscle mass and so they burn more calories and unless they are way over weight (by a couple hundred pounds or something) weight loss is usually visible on them sooner than it is on us. It's not fair, but it is the way it is.

To have lost 26 pounds in 10 weeks is a great accomplishment for anyone (that is 2.6 pounds per week), especially someone with so many challenges. You should be very proud of yourself. Remember, it is not about how fast you get there, it only matters that you do get there. Your health matters much more than getting the pounds off as fast as humanly possible - focus on that.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #10  

Thanks girls! All of you have made great points!! I love you all!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #11  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Findingfawn men using loose more then women do. Dont compare your self to a man. You are doing a great job. Going from a 26 to a 24 even if its a tight it is a well accomplised thing. Here is a big for u.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #12  

Please know you are not alone in the hubby department. I am attempting to lose weight all the time, walking, doing Wii Fit, swimming, counting calories etc., etc. and my hubby does nothing but goes bowling once a week with a team, eats whatever he wants (which is mostly potato chips) and only hops on a scale every 4-5 months or so and he's lost about 50 pounds over the last couple of years!!! All I do is gain and lose the same 5-10 pounds over and over. That's one reason why I've come here and accepted the points challenge.

But I certainly know exactly how you feel. And I'm hitting the age of Menopause and so my metabolism is even slower!! Augh!!!!
Guindalf47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You have to know that it's coming. The rewards. The smaller you, the smaller clothing, the you being smaller then DH.

I remember in the beginning telling myself, "each and every time I say NO to one of "those foods", I will be one step closer to ending my misery. I will be one step closer to being that healthy, fit and trim person I've always longed to be". I told myself it over and over again. I KNEW the rewards would come. As long as I stuck to my plan, there was no way that it couldn't. It didn't matter that no one (including me) noticed . I forced my brain to tell me that those rewards were just ahead of me. It was coming. It was coming. It was coming.

Oh and let me tell you, when those rewards DO start coming. Look out!! Hang on!! It's better then anything you could possible imagine. I knew the rewards would be stupendous, but seriously, I hadn't any idea whatsoever that they would be THIS stupendous. It's beyond my wildest dreams.

Hang tight. STICK with that plan. And then hold on - you're in for the ride of your life!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #14  

Robin, are you a motivational speaker in your other life? If not you so should be! Your posts are always so full of wisdom! It would take me days to put together a post that sounded as put together as yours always do, I have no clue how you do it!

Everyone else is awesome here too.. and I love and thank all of you! I did really well yesterday, and plan on being 100% on track again today! Thank you all for all of your support!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 259/230/155

Height: 5'7"

You've lost 26 lbs in 10 weeks? That is AWESOME! It's easy to feel down about yourself but try to turn that around - look at all you've accomplished. You have a healthy, happy family, your clothes are getting looser, you're inspiring and supporting your husband in his own quest for a healthier, fitter life, you've managed to lose an average of 2.6 lbs per week even while your life is all turned upside down by the new baby, etc etc. You should be soooo proud of yourself!
matafleur is offline   Reply With Quote