Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/196.9/160

Height: 5'5

Smile what pill to take

Hi. I just started on Sept 11, 2009. My weight was 230lbs now this morning (Sept 29) I weigh 218.9. I only take the mrc6- and the hns twice- three times a day. I don't know if I losing because of the diet alone or the pills. Have any one taken mrc-6 and cortitrim and had great results. i would really like to know because my money is tight right now and I cant afford to waste it on stuff that don't work. Oh by the way my name is Princess and I'm in Savannah, Ga
30208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30208 View Post
Hi. I just started on Sept 11, 2009. My weight was 230lbs now this morning (Sept 29) I weigh 218.9. I only take the mrc6- and the hns twice- three times a day. I don't know if I losing because of the diet alone or the pills. Have any one taken mrc-6 and cortitrim and had great results. i would really like to know because my money is tight right now and I cant afford to waste it on stuff that don't work. Oh by the way my name is Princess and I'm in Savannah, Ga
I have lost 19.5 lbs in 1 month. I weighed 221.5 when I started now I weigh 202. Just to let you know, all I have been taking is the HNS 3 x daily and the fish oil. I'm on the beige menu and have not taken any other supplements.

Hope this helps..

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-29-2009 at 09:48 PM.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
I have lost 19.5 lbs in 1 month. I weighed 221.5 when I started now I weigh 202. Just to let you know, all I have been taking is the HNS 3 x daily and the fish oil. I'm on the beige menu and have not taken any other supplements.

Hope this helps..

Hi learning2bhealthy.... are you taking fish oil or flax? I spoke with a guy at the health food store today, and he seemed disgusted that we're told to take flax... he said fish oil was better because it's already broken down and is more readily absorbed plus some other stuff; that its not BAD for us, but the fish oil is just his preference. It's so hard to know who/what to believe sometimes <sigh> who do you listen to?
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #4  
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Hi learning2bhealthy.... are you taking fish oil or flax? I spoke with a guy at the health food store today, and he seemed disgusted that we're told to take flax... he said fish oil was better because it's already broken down and is more readily absorbed plus some other stuff; that its not BAD for us, but the fish oil is just his preference. It's so hard to know who/what to believe sometimes <sigh> who do you listen to?
Hi, I'm taking the fish oil, that's what I was told to take. I have not really heard anything about the flax. Everyone I have ever spoken with recommends the fish oil. I really can't say anything about the flax though b/c I don't know the effects...sorry
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #5  

Hey guys thank you so much for the info. I started to get kind of scared when no one replied. What does the fish oil do. The people at the center that I attend said the fish oil will have you smell like fish. so they said take the flax. What kind of exercises are you doing. The plan calls for 3 times a week for 30 mins. I 'm a PCT and a nursing student. I wondering if lifting all those patients and walking around the hospital will sub. for the exercising part. Also what are you guys eating for breakfast because i'm getting tired of egg sandwich everyday.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/221/167

Height: 5'10

Welcome to 3fatchicks and metabolic research diet! What I do for breakfast usually is 2 eggs over easy, 1 piece of toast and either water or my hns as a drink.. And 3 times a week I eat a meal replacement bar for breakfast.. The cinnamon crunch one isn't so bad.. Kinda dry but better than the chocolate covered caramel peanut one... I know the chocolate one sounds good but I don't like it.. Tastes funny to me and I am a big chocolate fan... There is other recipes in the cook book for breakfast also if your willing to take the time and experiment..

As for the exercising, I would assume anything that keeps your heart rate at your target heart rate for at least 30 minutes should be sufficient. So if your fast walking around the hospital for 30 minutes it should be enough.

One thing to be sure is to not go over your maximum heart rate which is 220 minus your age.. I can't remember how to get the minimum target heart rate off the top of my head but I will try to get back to you on that..

Hope this helps some!
Michelle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #7  

Quote:

Hope this helps..
Learning2Bhealthy - WOW 19.5 lbs...congrats and in one month! You sure are on the ball

Last edited by GWE140; 10-01-2009 at 06:35 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #8  

Thanks michelle86 for your advice. It was really helpful. Have you ever tried to make spicy chicken fingers with chicken breast?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #9  

Quote:
Thanks michelle86 for your advice. It was really helpful. Have you ever tried to make spicy chicken fingers with chicken breast?
Here is a copy of the delicious recipe created by Karen1234 found on the recipe thread, just add Mrs. Dash spicy spice or red chili flakes to get the spicy...

Ranch Chicken Fingers:

Ingredients:
16-20 Roasted Garlic Melba Toast Rounds
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken brst
1 packet of ranch dressing mix/seasoning
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
cracked black pepper to taste
pam olive oil spray

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil into a large glass casserole dish and set aside. Place Melba toast into food processor and grind until the consistency of bread crumbs (or crush in a baggy by hand until fine). Place into a mixing bowl, add packet of ranch dressing mix and several twists of freshly cracked black pepper then mix all together. Slice chicken into long strips. Place 1/4 of the chicken at a time into mixture and coat evenly then place into casserole dish until all chicken coated and in dish. Pour remaining melba toast mixture over chicken. Spray all chicken with pam olive oil cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake 10-15 minutes, uncover and increase oven temp to Broil and bake another 7-10 minutes until chicken is done and crispy.

Makes 8 - 4 oz servings
Accounts for 1 protein (4 oz.) and approx 1/2 bread serving
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #10  

Wow that sounds pretty good. I know what I have to do now is set aside time for cooking/ preparing. LOL Thank you so much. Where is the thread with the recipes?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #11  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Wow that sounds pretty good. I know what I have to do now is set aside time for cooking/ preparing. LOL Thank you so much. Where is the thread with the recipes?
The recipe thread is at the very top of the main page for Metabolic Research Center with Sticky in red. There is also a recipe blog: http://www.mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/

Enjoy, jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 09-30-2009 at 01:28 PM.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #12  
one day at a time

Quote:
Hey Hey,

Another chicken nugget recipe that I made up, it is really good too. For the beige menu....

4 Melba toast
1 Tbs of fiesta ranch seasoning
2 tsp of Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning
7 oz chicken breast cut into strips/chunks. It should be 6 oz after it's cooked

Put first 3 ingredients into a blender and blend until real fine.
Put crumbs into a baggie, place chicken in the baggie and shake shake shake.. Place coated chicken on a broiler pan coated with nonstick spray and cook at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Eat with....

MRC honey mustard dressing---1 tsp of olive oil, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and 1 packet of splenda. Sir until all blended..You may also double the recipe if you have not used all your allotted oil up.

All of this is soooo good on a salad for lunch too.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-30-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #13  
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Learning2Bhealthy - WOW 19.5 lbs...congrats and in one month! You sure all on the ball
GWE140, Thank You

I can see you're on a roll too. Congratulations on your loss..You are in fact NEARLY THERE. It's people like you that keep me going cause I can see that this program really works.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #14  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi, I'm taking the fish oil, that's what I was told to take. I have not really heard anything about the flax. Everyone I have ever spoken with recommends the fish oil. I really can't say anything about the flax though b/c I don't know the effects...sorry
From what I understand, Fish Oil has Omega 3 where as Flax seed Oil had Omega 3 AND 6. Because of the way we grow our food on 'factory farms', we are getting an abundance of Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. This can cause inflammation and auto-immune diseases like arthritis, skin problems, so I try not to take anymore Omega 6, that is why I use Fish Oil.
jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
From what I understand, Fish Oil has Omega 3 where as Flax seed Oil had Omega 3 AND 6. Because of the way we grow our food on 'factory farms', we are getting an abundance of Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. This can cause inflammation and auto-immune diseases like arthritis, skin problems, so I try not to take anymore Omega 6, that is why I use Fish Oil.
jeanette

So... does MRC even sell a fish oil? My center doesn't stock that but I know I can get it elsewhere. How many mg are you taking? Is it equivalent to what they recommend for the flax?

thanks!
Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote