South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Question Has anybody REad Diet for a Pain Free Life?

Hi Ladies:
I thought I'd check in with My discerning Beachies. as most of you all know I have fibromyalgia and Cerebral Palsy The fibro keeps me in some form of pain Most days worse in the winter. I really want to build a WOE that reduces inflammation. I saw this book haven't bought it yet. But also wondered of you all had some suggestions for books/etc
Thanks,
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

KO, I haven't read this one, but I know some people who've found natural ways of controlling their fibromyalgia or CFS through diet and exercise, especially the latter. A friend of mine was cured of her CFS through swimming. Of course, CP is another thing.

Hopefully we can find some more Beachies who have better advice by bumping this up...
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

The CP is just there unless there's food that loosens muscles (I'd be so in) for the fibromyalgia/inflammation I'd love to get into from people I know versus disembodied experts!
Thanks,
Kier
Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I had absolutely no idea that food could impact the pain in my body until I read Ultra Metabolism and started following it- most of the things are acceptable on SBD as well and now I do a combo. I was aboslutely amazed at the fact my back stopped hurting as did my limbs. I am sure it was from the inflammation. My parents also have been doing it and my DF has psoriasis and its calmed that down as well. I think its a great book and would recommend it. I don't know where my mom found them but they were cheap, of course the library is a good option too!

Also, I just got back from vaca and ate crappy- this morning when I woke up I couldn't think anything other than how rediculous I am bc i felt miserable when I woke up. no energy, my back was killing me, and I just felt like a beached whale. so, fasting today and back OP tomorrow~

The book explains a lot on food alleries- and the way your body handles different foods and how it communicates with itself depending on what we are eating and doing!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Rikki I'll check it out on amazon!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #6  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I am pretty sure there are some of his patients cited in the book with fibro- but its been a lil while since I read it so I could be mistaken... I need to go back and re-read myself!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Rikki, that's a great suggestion! It's amazing how food affects us, eh?

One of the mods said something that hit me like a ton of bricks this weekend. It's not really anything new, but for some reason it just really made an impact. She was talking about avoiding a trigger food and said, "I make it easier on myself by not eating it." I never thought about how avoding things could be a way of making things easier for myself. That's exactly what it does, eh, whether it's making things hurt less or making it easier to stay on plan.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Dr Andrew Weil talks a lot about an anti-inflammatory diet. He suggests eating lots of fruits, veggies, seafood, healthy fats and avoiding red meats. I love Dr. Weil's holistic approach to wellness. Here's a link to his web site.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/PAG00361...d-pyramid.html
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote