Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #1  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Default Needing help with my cats!

I have this one male cat, Simba, who enjoys peeing on our futon mattress when his box is not perfectly clean. How do you get the urine out of a futon? I can't put it in the wash machine and I am just clueless. Anyone have any ideas from experience?

Willing to take any and all advise, because my Dad will kill me if he finds out the cat pee'd on the futon!!

Thanks!!!
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #2  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I would go to a pet store and see if they have some kind of shampoo you could use to wash off the futon. I think they make sprays that eliminate pet odors. You could call the veterinary office to see if they have any suggestions. Good Luck!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #3  
Wishes I could be a cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickieLou View Post
I would go to a pet store and see if they have some kind of shampoo you could use to wash off the futon. I think they make sprays that eliminate pet odors. You could call the veterinary office to see if they have any suggestions. Good Luck!
Thanks very much for your suggestions!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Futons are hard, since they are quite thick. I have had good luck with "Out" for pet urine. It works well on carpets and upholstery.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'5"

Get Nature's Miracle Just for Cats. It has enzymes that break down the urine and eliminate the ordor. After you have used it, clean the area with mild detergent and a rag. Don't soak it, just apply and use the rag to absorb the wetness. It may take a while, but it will work. Try spraying the futon with something orange scented. Cats hate the smell. It might keep him off. But watch out! He might look for a new spot.
I have two. My girls are Puddy (also know privately as Miss Pees Alot) and Baby.
50andfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 AM   #6  
Wishes I could be a cat!

Great!!! Thanks so much!!! Heading to the petstore on Thursday!! I am just happy there is hope to get the smell out!