Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Default I'm STARVING!

Is anyone else ALWAYS hungry? I feel like within 2 hours of eating each meal I start getting sooo hungry. By hour 4 I could eat an entire buffett! I don't know how to curb these hunger pains...please know that I am not "craving" food...just starving! Does anyone else have this happening? What are you doing to help? I try using a HNS between lunch and dinner and then can't wait for my creamy as an after dinner snack, so I have used all 4 of my HNS each day. I hope there is some trick out there because I cannot continue on like this for another 3 months
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

What plan are you on?...I was hungry all the time during the first 11 days until I finally got on the Green Menu, then again once when my exercise increased to a point I was in starvation mode. Water helps me a lot, I drink it constantly to avoid the hunger pains, I sometimes put SF crystal light in it to add flavor when I'm very hungry. I haven't tried them but MRC has fiber drinks that are designed to carry you over and fill you up, have you discovered them?
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i agree---if you are in the first 11 days or so, you are going to be starving, and there isnt alot you can do about it!! It gets beeter ont he green menu, and if/when ketosis kicks in, your hunger will go away too. i also always try and eat the bulkiest and most filling of the food allowed! For instance, i hardly ever do cooked veggies, i prefer to eat them raw, becuz i *feel* like i am getting more and feel fuller longer. I use the fiber, havent found that it really helps get me to the next meal..isnt very filling in my opinion. Drink more water, but i know that will only help for so long ...good luck!! it gets better
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Sorry, I should've mentioned that...I'm on the green menu. I have started limiting my workouts to 1 hour (half running, half light weights) about 4-5 days a week (I was running up to an hour a day with 45 minutes of weights but laid off after my race). The center told me that this should be the max exercise that I do...but my weight loss is at a standstill too...I have lost a total of 2 lbs in 2 weeks and I have been 100% OP
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
Sorry, I should've mentioned that...I'm on the green menu. I have started limiting my workouts to 1 hour (half running, half light weights) about 4-5 days a week (I was running up to an hour a day with 45 minutes of weights but laid off after my race). The center told me that this should be the max exercise that I do...but my weight loss is at a standstill too...I have lost a total of 2 lbs in 2 weeks and I have been 100% OP

You might have put your body in starvation mode with the amount of exercise you were doing, I pretty much did this with running 4-5 days a week and doing weight training twice a week and stopped losing, I was placed on another meal plan that really helped and I started to lose again...however, I am back on the green menu for two weeks to get the maximum of weight off for a trip. If there is anyone at your center that you can really have a heart to heart with they should be able to help you live with this plan and your life style...My counselor did not encourage me to reduce exercise she suggested how MRC could adapt to help me continue to lose while on program and continue the amount of exercise I wanted to. She honestly told me that I could continue to exercise more at my pace and lose at a reduced rate and feel good or I could switch back to the green menu and lose quicker but feel tired, crappy and hungry while keeping with my exercise program. So what I am doing now is I am keeping with the green menu until the week before and after my next 5K and then switch to another menu to help me with the run. The thought is this will help me stay out of plateau's as I typically fall into them every three weeks or so...and to give me the stamina I need to exercise. I have been back on the green menu for three days and I ran yesterday without difficulty... I will see how I progress. Good luck. But I am going to take it day by day and use both plans as my body needs...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Wow I wish my center was as supportive about exercise
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote