Old 09-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default starting to falter

Last week I went over a few days, sometimes over on healthy food, sometimes not so healthy. I rarely went above 1800 or 2000 cals so I'm not binging, but I'm still between 2-400 cals over.

it's stupid SOCIAL SITUATIONS that kill me. Eating is a social event for me, if they eat, I eat. I need to stop eating before I go out thinking it will keep me from eating with them. I just end up eating twice within' a few hours.

as of today I am getting back on plan. My exercise and water haven't been great, so I'm recommiting before I start to regain. I didn't lose anything last week but i"m sure that was my own fault.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

Sure it's hard. Have you thought of ommitting a meal when you know you will eat extra somewhere else? When I have a party or something I skip breakfast and lunch, or just eat an orange or something.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I also will eat less during the day if I know I'm going out.

One thing too is don't fill your plate if possible, take one or two things, eat them, wait a while, then go back if you must. Or if you go to a restaurant pick better options. I low carb it so I'll get grilled veggies and meat usually. I went out to Chili's last weekend and got the fajita trio with no tortilla's and ate that with the grilled veggies and salsa on the side- great meal and stayed on plan overall
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #4  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

You have been someone I read when I'm feeling low on motivation. You just always seem to be THERE! And even though this moment may seem to you to be a falter in your motivation, for me it's proof of your ability to stick with it. You're an amazing chica, and you can do this!

I also have stopped eating something before I go out to try to curb my restaurant eating. I just box half of my meal before i start eating the other half.

Good luck to you Lottie.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

yeah the problem this past week particularly has been not KNOWING I was going out andjust ending up doing it.

except bf's bday. we went to a rib place for his bday, it was his fams choice. I am vegetarian so all I could really get was FRIED zucchini and a salad. we were planning on eating in, I was going to bring my own food. then bf's dad insensitively said something about how I would lose faster if I wouldn't eat FRIED vegetables. I said I NEVER eat fried ANYTHING but there was nothing for me there! augh! *frustration*

I normally DO plan for eating out...I think this week was just a bit too spontaneous for my taste. :P It's not like that stuff happens all the time so I guess it'll be easy to get on track

and eumie thanks so much you are right, at least I"m getting a hold of it now and not just giving in.

thanks ladies!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Ok, this is just a bump in the road. You're back and you can move forward.

Plan, plan, plan. If you're going out to eat at a restaurant (and you know which one) have your meal planned. Order what you planned--don't even look at the menu. Ask for a take out box to be brought to the table and divide the meal in half before you even start. Leave the leftovers behind, give them to a friend or stick them in the freezer when you get home.

If you are going to a party, bring something that you can eat. Bring a healthy snack to nibble on if they don't have food at the party. Choose water over alcohol or soda.

Compensate by eating lower cal meals earlier in the day so you're still within your allowance.

I don't know about you, but when I am eating adequate amounts of protein it's alot easier to stay on plan.

If you know how much extra calories you're eating then you are in a good place to compensate and stay on top of things.

You can do this! You done so much already, keep moving forward!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote