Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/194/125

Height: 5'7

Default OMG I did it

I love soda.

No...not just love. I am having a full blown love affair, crack addiction, how fast can I chug it, head over heals love for soda.

I've quit before. The last few years for Lent actually. But then it starts. The congratulations you've made it one. The I'm so tired one. Then the who's counting one.

I just tossed it all. In the trash. Then I actually thought, it's cans, I could just wash them off. So I bagged the trash, and tossed it outside.

I didn't even have the better than best "last one."

I AM GOING TO DO THIS.
crzymom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations ! You CAN do this !!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Good job!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #4  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You can absolutely do this. (I'd given up soda for Lent before too...man that was tough.) I was a total Mountain Dew freak addict. Like, at least 6 cans a day. Gave it up cold turkey in 1999 when I first started on Atkins. The detox was **** but I absolutely do not miss it. You can do it. Once you get through the detox, then it's just a matter of telling yourself, I don't put that stuff in my body anymore.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:55 AM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats! Doesn't that feel great? I am so with you on this! I used to drink 6-10 mountain dews most days, more on really hot days especially if I had to go outside or do much physical labor. I gave it up completely for a while (very hard as there are 2 other major soda drinkers in my house and one is a mountain dew person) and I now allow myself 1 diet mountain dew per day, but only after I have had 64 oz. of water or crystal light. There are many days when I get my 64 oz. in and think "I can have my soda now" and then decide I'd rather have more crystal light or some milk or something instead. I don't let myself save them up either - there's no "I didn't have one for the last two days so today I get 3" stuff, nope, nuh uh, doesn't fly.

I know that right now it is very hard for you, but I promise it really does get easier. I thought it was never going to be easier, it was actually harder for me than quitting smoking was, but then suddenly one day it was easy. You can do this. You have already done the hardest part. Be proud and be strong.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! You can do this. You absolutely CAN do it. We're all pulling for you.

I'm so excited for you. I'm excited for the wonderful changes that this is going to mean for you. Keep us posted.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Fantastic!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I absolutely love pop as well, but it's holding back my weight loss... so I was talking to my aunt (who lost and maintained a loss of 50 pounds), and she told me to tell myself that I don't like sugar. She says to wake up every day and repeat "I do not like sugar", and throughout the day.. not too sure if it'll help, buuut I am going to try it! She said she did this with quitting smoking years ago. It surely can't hurt!

You can do this!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

You CAN do this! I believe in you.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #10  

Great job! You can do this!

I too am a soda addict, and am going cold turkey right now... it's not easy, but it's going to be worth it! Hang in there! You can do it!
MotoXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

Not only is it going to be worth it, but you're going to be feeling SO marvelous, it's going to do SUCH wonderful things for you, that you will wonder why in the world you didn't do it sooner. I'm absolutely, positively CERTAIN of it.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #12  

Congrats! I did that once with cheez-its, I had to pour soy sauce on them. It is totally a worthy sacrifice for a rockin' bod!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #13  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That's great! You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

You can most certainly do this, and you'll love the way you feel! I drink a lot of water and a small amount of tea while I'm at home, and got into the habit of ordering tea or water while eating out. I haven't so much as touched a soda in months.

I finally quit back in July after making several attempts in the past two years. I used to be cool with just limiting myself to diet, but eventually found out that aspartame does horrible things to me and reasoned that I could allow myself a "reasonable" amount of regular soda. Um, didn't work.

Just focus on how much better healthier drinks make you feel and you'll be fine.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

One of the things that worked best for me as I was going cold turkey from certain food items and behaviors - self talk. I used this statement over and over again - "I just don't do that anymore". I would reach for something or want something and tell myself, "I just don't do that anymore". "I just don't do that anymore". And before I knew it - I DIDN'T do *that* anymore.

You fake it till you make it and then one day - you're actually not faking it anymore.