Old 09-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #1  
Future Former Fat Girl

Lightbulb An exercise beginner rates her videos!

Okay - I'm really a beginner, even tho' I was a gym bunny in my 20s! I have been trying some video programs (buying, renting, Netflix, etc.)

Over the last month I've tried the following and here is my opinion. Just my opinion for a very out-of-shape woman. BTW: I finally made it to a week have exercised EVERY DAY! That is a huge thing for me. I feel much better about myself .

Firm 500 Calorie workout - way too hard for me.
Core Rhythms - fun! I can do the 20 minute workout. Next morning, my side (obliques) kind of sore.
Leslie Sansone Five Mile Walk - did this one many times. Lets you pick different combinations of mile segments. I did up to three mile. Very good workout for me.
Reebok Step - trying a Kathy Smith and old Gin Miller workout tapes. Right now it's too hard for me. Using the step made my heart rate way too high. I did the Gin Miller tapes in the old days & loved them so I'll come back to them when I'm more in shape.
Wii Fit - Since I'm a beginner it is very challenging for me (doing the Yoga, balance exercises, etc.) I like seeing the immediate feedback in how it traces my center of gravity. Also helpful how it keeps perfect track of what
you've done in past workouts. (Plus, when I'm done I can plug in the other controller and play Super Mario!)
Zumba - super fun but I can't keep up! I'll try this one again when I've improved.
Turbo Jam - I may be the only person who didn't like this workout. I didn't think it would be kinda like a martial arts moves workout. I'm more a "dance-y" girl.

Hope that is helpful.
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:01 AM   #2  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i really like your post. Like you totally know me
I used to have turbo jam workout as well but i don't like it as much as other people do. I do like martial arts but when it comes to workout I don't think it motivates me as much as dancing
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote