Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Red face Punishment and blisters

First, I should start with some confessions. I was completely off plan for two weeks, been off and on for the last month and a half. Not only was I eating WAY too much/very unhealthy stuff, three weeks ago, I even was to a point where I was lucky to walk one day a week.

I got my eating back together on Tuesday, but I was so tired and grouchy all week, that I still hadn't added my exercise back in. Before going off plan, I was up to walking 3 miles five days a week, walking my dog at least 2 miles a day and running 3 miles every other day. Saturday morning, I woke up feeling great, so figured I would get back into running. Now, I did not set out with the intentions of punishing myself, the side-effects from eating were punishment enough, but I was running in the rain, after not running for 3-week and running in 100% cotton socks. I managed to make it 3 miles at a 12-minute a mile pace, but I had to walk part of my route and came back with two beautiful blisters on the arches of my feet. Today, my legs are so sore it's difficult to sit down. I believe I have learned my lesson and went yesterday to buy moisture wicking, non-cotton socks.

Fortunately, and I don't know where it came from or why it left in the first place, but I am completely back to being committed with my diet and exercise. I have my meals planned out for the next two weeks, all my groceries bought (and no money left to buy any "bad" foods), some foods prepared and frozen...I am back in the game.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/224/155

Height: 5'8"

That's terrible about the blisters! nothing like a little pain to damper the good feeling that exercise brings I'm so happy for you that you are back in the game though. WTG!!! Those bad weeks happen and it's all in how you jump back in the fray. You are jumping marvelously!
Selenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #3  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you for getting on track!

I'm really sorry about those blisters. Ouchy!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, congrats on getting back on track!
jefferzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote