Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #1  

Cool McSkinney's Loozing Floozies Fabulous Fall Thread!

The other thread was getting long, so here's a new one for us! Hopefully it really WON'T last all fall!!

Cheryl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Thanks for starting the new thread Cheryl! Happy Fall ya'll!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #3  

Gayle, I just noticed your weight-loss ticker says you're only 12 pounds away from your goal!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #4  

Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck, Glenn Beck!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #5  
Janice

Dee- never, ever feel that you are not loved and cared about by us. You are in my prayers as well as your Mom. It is hard to face losing someone you love and to watch them hurting. All you can do is try to be there and offer comfort. My heart breaks for you.
Cheryl - that is a beautiful name for your little girl. How are you feeling these days.
Gayle- good for you guys challenging each other to eat healthy. I could use a little willpower dust right about now.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #6  

Mom is hanging in there for now but the dr said she only has a few days left and that was wednesday night. She is still alert in the morning and evening. Afternoon is so so. I need a mop to wipe up all the tears I have shed. It is hard to beleive that things will never be the same again. What mattered before doesn't really matter any more. Funny how something like this puts things in perspective.
Have a good weekend everyone and thanks for letting me pour it out.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Prayers continue Dee. May God comfort your family in the midst of pain and strengthen your family in the midst of uncertainty and fear. Blessings to your mother that she will have a peaceful passing and a glorious eternal life. I wish I could be there with you, to hug you or offer some support. Even though we are miles away from each other, know I am thinking and praying for your family 24/7.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #8  

Thanks Gayle, I wish you were here, I need the hug.

Last night mom wasn't coherent. The morphine was mixing her up but dad just called and she was clearer this morning.
I feel like my heart is breaking but I am sure once she is gone it will feel like it has shattered.
I am ready to let her go she has suffered enough.
Gayle I just ready your quote Praise God! Amen.

Thanks for he support you guys don't know how much it means to me.

I called out breast cancer foundation friday and asked if they would give me some pink ribbons for mom's funeral....the lady said she never had that request before. I also told her we were told mom just has a few days and I was scared we might not get them in time for the funeral and I wasn't in the right mind to run over and get them. she said that she would pop them in the mail asap and that I would probably get them monday or tuesday at the latest. The lovely lady dropped by yesterday and hand delivered them. There are angels in our mists.

Thanks again, now if you only lived closer you could helping me with the cooking. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around that chore and I am fed up of eatting out. I don't like to go out more than a couple of times a week.

Most of us are going to mom and dad's for dinner. We are just buying a few roasted chickens and everyone is adding to that. I don't think food is an issue it is about being together.

Enjoy your loved ones.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #9  

Just wanted to let you know that mom is a tough cookie, she is still hanging in there. I guess she is trying to make us tough cookies too. It is hard to beleive but last saturday it was three weeks since she went into the hospital. We seen her that afternoon at home sitting in the living room on the couch. She had pain in her ribs but she visited with us and gave us some cucumbers and dad's last potatoes he had in the house. She made the boys go out and pick some plums from the tree. We never left mom and dad's without mom giving us something.

We gather at mom and dad's for dinner. It was good for us but we sure noticed mom not there. I brought the picture that we are putting up at the funeral and set it on the counter in the kitchen. My dad sobs when he seen it. He wouldnt even let me hug him. He was as stiff as a board and he to walk away. Despite all the emotions we had a good time. Later that night we went to see mom. My last two visits haven't been good. She is so mixed up that there is no quality there for us. I go so I can take care of her. My dad just sits there and kisses her hand and adjusts her oxygen tubes. It is so sad to see him like that. He loves her so much, poor Romeo. One of the nurses thought that was a nick name cause of the way he fusses over mom. She said he is so good with her. The laughed when she found out that was his real name.

I hope you all have a peaceful enjoyable day.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #10  

Mom passed away tuesday morning at 5:30. I will post the link to the obituary later this morning when it comes on line.

Thanks for the support.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #11  

Dee,

I wish I could fly up to you to support you at the funeral.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Hugs to you sweetie! So sorry to read about your mom. Even if we seem to be prepared for this, we never are. May God give you the strength to get through this horrible time. May God also comfort you in knowing she is now in Heaven. Hugs to your family, I'm like Cheryl, I wish I could be there for you.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #13  

Dee-I am sending many hugs, kisses and prayers to you and your family. Your mom has fought long and hard. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and help you through this tough time. You will always hold a piece of your mom in your heart and she knows how much you love her. Please call me if you need anything. I love you!
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #14  
Janice

Dee - I am with you in my heart. Take comfort knowing that your Mom is no longer suffering and is an angel who will watch over you until you meet again in heaven. Prayers for you and your family.
Love you,
Janice
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #15  

Here is the link to mom's obituary

http://www.passagesmb.com/obituary_d...?ObitID=155434