Old 09-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

Height: 5'2"

Default What is wrong with me, :-(

Title says it all girls and some guys too..
I go to sleep each day thinking I am going to do awsome the next day, just one day, you know.. definitely not rocket science. And I start good, do my excercise, have the BF and lunch on plan then around 5 PM I eat a few nuts, no biggie. I am still hungry so I eat a fruit, some more hungry I eat crackers then some devil possess me and I eat everything in sight. Then at dinner time, my family eats first and I finish whatever veggie sides left out, no matter how big the amount, :-(
Why do I do that every single day? It is not like I am way over my calories but just that lack of self control is enough to ruin my day then I want a desert at 12 AM SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAD. Some days it is apple and some days it is frozen youghurt. But all little things add up, :-(

I read all the stories about loosing 100+ pounds, 95 pounds, 70 pounds, 50, 40 and even 30 bawls me,
How did you all do it? To top it, I don't if it is the changed thyroid medication or the lack of self control but past 1 week my weight is creeping a pound up to 3 lbs down.
Somehow I imagine myself thinner than I actually am. Talk about an eye opening experience when I could barely get in to my clothes from before 2 kids,
I was so confident I am the same size and I AM NO WAY NEAR that now. I want to go ahead and eat everything in sight as a revenge and I slapped across that devil face and came on to make this post.
You all save me today! I can definitely use some encouragement,
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I so understand it but can't explain it but congratulations on posting here rather than just sucking in every food item in sight.

Question: What is your calorie budget? and are you excluding any particular food groups? Let's see if the really wise chickies on here can have some insight for you.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I do it by calorie counting and planning. I plan all meals ahead of time and I eat about every three hours , not three meals , my day goes like this, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. My snacks are usually under 100 calories but they keep me from getting too hungry and eating everything in sight. I allow myself a specific number of calories a day and break them down into my meals and snacks. It really doesn't take long to plan a days meals.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello,

I write ~ not because I have any answer, but to let you know that you are not alone. I am asking that same question this week. I started here at 3FC back in 2000 ~ I am still struggling. I know what I need to do ~ I do it for a while, mess up, then start again. You would think by now, I would have gotten somewhere. Grrrrrr at myself.

Now, the dr tells me that I am prediabetic. Even more reason to get on the ball and do the right things. I had been doing good for a couple weeks, then got sick, and the salads and healthy stuff just didn't appeal to me. I gained some back, am trying to get back on track and struggling to do so. I am craving cookies and junk horribly. It isn't even about feeling hungry ~ it is almost like what I would imagine wanting a drug fix to be like.

Hang in there ~ coming here is a good help.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niru78 View Post
Title says it all girls and some guys too..
I go to sleep each day thinking I am going to do awsome the next day, just one day, you know.. definitely not rocket science. And I start good, do my excercise, have the BF and lunch on plan then around 5 PM I eat a few nuts, no biggie. I am still hungry so I eat a fruit, some more hungry I eat crackers then some devil possess me and I eat everything in sight. Then at dinner time, my family eats first and I finish whatever veggie sides left out, no matter how big the amount, :-(
Why do I do that every single day? It is not like I am way over my calories but just that lack of self control is enough to ruin my day then I want a desert at 12 AM SOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAD. Some days it is apple and some days it is frozen youghurt. But all little things add up, :-(

I read all the stories about loosing 100+ pounds, 95 pounds, 70 pounds, 50, 40 and even 30 bawls me,
How did you all do it? To top it, I don't if it is the changed thyroid medication or the lack of self control but past 1 week my weight is creeping a pound up to 3 lbs down.
Somehow I imagine myself thinner than I actually am. Talk about an eye opening experience when I could barely get in to my clothes from before 2 kids,
I was so confident I am the same size and I AM NO WAY NEAR that now. I want to go ahead and eat everything in sight as a revenge and I slapped across that devil face and came on to make this post.
You all save me today! I can definitely use some encouragement,

Sadly, I cannot save you. BUT, BUT, BUT! YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF!!!! Your daily ritual sounds just the way mine did before I began my path towards health. I would go to sleep thinking.."tomorrow...." The problem is that tomorrow never came until I WAS COMPLETELY COMMITTED to making whatever changes necessary to improve myself and my life.

First off, clean out your house! Goodbye to junky carbs. Goodbye ANYTHING you binge on--or have binged in the past. Even if it's healthy, if you are binging it--well, it's a NO GO for now. By binging think "eat it mindlessly or overeating it"...I am well aware plenty of people don't do an ALL OUT shoving food in and awake in a pile of wrappers hours later. TV only makes it seem that way. SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS. PLAN YOUR SUCCESS.

Second, truly, truly, truly educate yourself. The wonderful informational super highway is right in front of you and FREE! USE IT!!! What foods does your body need? My education and method of choice is calorie couting with an emphasis on WHOLE FOODS. Pinpoint what your weakspots are and start chipping them away. If you have a time of day that is particularly difficult (for most women it's late afternoon/early evening) make a pact with yourself that you aren't going to eat during those hours--or only eat as you pre-plan. Clean house during that time, go for a walk, go window shop, anything but eat.

Third, cradle yourself in support. 3FC is a great place to be. Come here often. There is a plethora of information here and support too. Find other people in real life that share the same goals you do. Hang with them.

Last, do not wait. Start NOT THIS AFTERNOON, NOT TONIGHT, NOT TOMORROW. Get up right now and begin a move towards your own goal of health and well-being. Get moving!

Oh, and this post cannot be complete without me tell you this. This is by far the very best information I think I can share. LET NOTHING AND NO ONE COME BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR EXERCISE, SLEEP AND NUTRITION. I TRULY MEAN NOTHING AND NO ONE. After putting myself on the bottom of the pile for years, I realized everyone else had me (and expected me) there too! All good things FOLLOW MY sleep, exercise and nutrition. Otherwise, it doesn't happen for me.

ETA: YOU BECOME WHAT YOU PRACTICE EVERY DAY!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 09-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #6  

I'll second every thing thighsbegone said - and also add that my worst time for overeating is late afternoon ESPECIALLY when I haven't had a very good lunch. Plan your meals and eat what you plan - if I skimp on my breakfast and/or lunch, late afternoon is extremely difficult to get through.. Good luck to you and come here often for support.
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #7  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Plan, plan, plan, plan, plan. Then do, do, do, do, do! Then keep planning and keep doing. That's how it gets done. You can totally do this!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227.8/226.6/150

Default Thank you

Thank you for all your responses! I know this is me totally! I am in this for ME and I need to do this for ME again! I will read your responses over and over and over again, that will help me get the hang of this!

Roasiante, I try to limit my carbs as well as oil. I eat tons of veggies and fruits so that would be enough carbs for a day! Occassionally when I really really and really crave it, I eat a piece of wheat bread though.

Again, Thank you for responding and I am glad to know I am not in this alone!
You Rock!
Niru
niru78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

My eating patterns used to be very much like yours. I ate in the evenings to relieve the stress of the day and partly because it was what I was used to. So if I didn't overindulge at night, I would have this terrible feeling like I was missing something valuable to me.

Honestly, what it took was breaking the habit. Telling myself no, like a parent would a child. Would I feed a child what I was feeding myself? Of course not! So why would I not take better care of me? A few days of sweating it out, having private tantrums inside because I WANTED so badly to eat, and learning that I could go without pigging out at night, and things got easier. Be tough. Do it because you want to be good to yourself. After a few days of success, it gets easier to be successful at this. You just need to lay a foundation first.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #10  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Why are you restricting oil?

One of the lightbulb moments for me was finding out how much of a role fat plays in helping us feel full. I've cut waaaay back--but I am careful to include a teaspoon of olive oil, either when I fry something like an omelette, or in my salad as a part of the dressing, or I put a tablespoon of hummous on a wrap, and I'll even have a small dab of butter on my veggies.

I cannot eat crackers, though. They're what I can a "trigger" food. I just keep eating them--but they don't make me feel full--they do nasty things to my blood sugar--so I start cruising for more food. One effective way to put on the breaks is to eat nothing until I've had a PINT of water.

But we're not bringing crackers back into the house again, soon, either.

You can do this. You really can! Post more info--what you've eaten yesterday--are you writing it all down? You should so you can find your trigger foods--or the meals that leave you dissatisfied.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote